PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Hose

Miscue
11-10-2001, 08:12 PM
I've shown this pic around, and nobody has seen anyone with this kinda hose setup. Just wanted to show ya.

Flamebo
11-10-2001, 08:19 PM
I don't think that's a hose, it's just something wrapped around it to protect the gun from scratches. Looks kinda like a telephone cord, but I doubt that's what it actually is.

Miscue
11-10-2001, 08:26 PM
'Hose <I>setup</I>' I said... :) Yeah, it's like a telephone cord-like covering... the pic is ok, but the real thing looks kinda neat. Fitting is a nice Parker, it looks like glittery gold... although it's hard to see that in this pic:

shartley
11-10-2001, 08:31 PM
Yes, quite interesting. :)

On the issue of the "telephone cord" wrapping, it leads me to envision a trip to the local Auto Parts Store. You could really dress up your Markers with some of the better wire and hose dressings you get for engines. There is almost no color or texture you can not get ahold of.

hmmmmmm ;)

boggerman
11-10-2001, 10:15 PM
You can buy plastic/nylon wrap material. When I worked as an aircraft mechanic, we used this wrap to protect hoses and cables from abrasion. It should be available at any auto parts store.

Wheelman
11-11-2001, 07:40 AM
all it is is a spiral wire wrap, I had a settup similar to that on my tippman for a while

Vegeta
11-11-2001, 11:32 AM
Goto a good music/drum store and check to see if they have Stik Wrapz (i belive thats the name) Its a tape-like roll that you use to wrap the shaft of your drumsticks for grip and cool looks.. they come in a variety of colors, patterns, and textures... and when its wrapped on it gives a spiral effet.