PDA

View Full Version : How much would you pay for this one of a kind Automag stock class?

killerbombo
01-09-2005, 02:29 PM
Just wondering how much people would be willing to pay for my one of a kind stocker. I custom built this one around 2 years ago and managed to blow out a disc in my back and haven't been able to play so I'm thinking about parting with it. Basic gun design is a Automag pump (fully polished), Phantom stock class feed, adjustable stock, and 12 gram adapter, WGP hinge frame custom modified to fit the Mag and has a very short trigger pull,
Doc's Machine Shop angled adapter, and a J&J performance center feed ceramic barrel.
Also has extra parts,OFG front grip,and DYE site pictured,and a stock class tube harness (used once).
Gimie your thoughts so I can make up my mind, had a lot of time and fun on this project and I'm sitting on the fence on selling, or using for bar a room wall hanger if my back never heals.
Thanks for your comments, Mark

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/12018135917.jpg&s=x402
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/12018144917.jpg&s=x402

Lee
01-09-2005, 02:34 PM
that sir, is a heartbreaker of a marker. nice work.

i could not begin to imagine what it's worth. hopefully you'll heal up and be able to use it again.

maglover728
01-09-2005, 02:40 PM
:wow:
Left testicle???
Or right if you prefer, either or...

jamescell
01-09-2005, 02:44 PM
holy wa!!! That is the sweetest pump I have ever seen! :eek:

DiSoRdeR
01-09-2005, 02:48 PM
That is one nice pump mag, im sure you can get a pretty good amount for it too.

Mr. Mouse
01-09-2005, 03:02 PM
id keep it, so you can look forward to what yo ucan do after you heal n stuff

Chronobreak
01-09-2005, 03:30 PM
$20 will suffice? lol j/j

if you will take $150~ for it lmk ;)

i might say $275~(everything) or less realisticly but seems you could mayeb get mroe for it for the fact pumps are so rare.

well hope u get better

lautt
01-09-2005, 04:19 PM
how many shots per 12g do you get???

minimag03
01-09-2005, 05:19 PM
I think you could get a lot for it. It is just plain awesome...

BTW, How did you make the hinge frame work? I have one and I would like to try it on my Minimag.

-minimag03

peewee
01-09-2005, 05:22 PM
have you got to shoot it?? :wow: I'd probably give $300+ for it.

killerbombo
01-09-2005, 06:01 PM
Krusty, it shoots great and gets around 20 shots/12 gram unless you shoot real fast and chill the cartrige. The only draw back of the Mag style pumps is that you can't auto-trigger.
The hing frame throw is so short it would have made a great mechanical trigger for a standard mag.

Muzikman
01-09-2005, 06:12 PM
It would be worth about $250. That is basing on used mag prices and pump kit value. Is that a stainless steel body or ULE? The WGP frame confuses me though, why?

Shane-O-Mac
01-09-2005, 11:27 PM
Hey Mark, email me about this gun, i may want i!

To every one else, This gun is Uber nice. Mark did a very nice job. It is worth $350, IMHO.
You couldnt find a nicer pumpmag............

Shane-O

50 cal
01-09-2005, 11:38 PM
That thing is sharp. You could probably make a few extra bucks by doing them for people. I'm sure there would be a few that would want that set up.

I sure would.

silent running
01-09-2005, 11:48 PM
OK< my hands are sweating as I type. I would very much be interested in your pump. Money is an issue for most of us, but if it is possible I am interested. I would rather you be healthy and use it yourself, if the fates allow. Shoot me a private message of where I can call you. I do not get a chance to get on line as often as I would like.

_tMAN
01-09-2005, 11:59 PM
wow, that is one nice looking pump. I'll give you a kidney. ;)

silent running
01-10-2005, 12:59 AM
we play every weekend, I mean every weekend, with our automag pumps. since we live outside of chicago it gets freaking cold around this time of year, any weekend when you are sitting around the house, know that there are a group of crazies running around out in the woods having a blast (we also do tournements). What is the pump worth, what is art worth? I like plain black markers, but that one hits the spot. Can not say enough, you did good.

stop whining buy a mag
01-10-2005, 01:40 AM
tMAN beat me to the offer. Well I guess since I have 2 lungs I can live with one. How about a kidney and lung?

AGD
01-10-2005, 02:16 AM
Hummm that is so darn nice I am thinking about it.

AGD

xXHavokXx
01-10-2005, 03:07 AM
Hummm that is so darn nice I am thinking about it.

AGD

If he says so.......you've just increased the value about 50 bucks.

Just get a signed pic of Tom giving a big thumbs up and maybe squeeze 75 more out of it.

Buff
01-10-2005, 12:28 PM
uh oh, Tom may want it.......
hehe

Sweet, wish I had cash......

Mr. Mouse
01-10-2005, 01:09 PM
if tom's thinkin about buying it you know its a one of a kind :D

Magaman
01-10-2005, 01:21 PM
Looks Awsome... :wow: You should get the rest of it anodized Gold... :D

killerbombo
01-10-2005, 06:10 PM
Just wanted to thank you guys for all the kind words. All you offering body parts as trade, you missed the point-I need a good, well hydrated L4/L5 disc although the testicle offer might be good as I've been told my wife keeps mine in a jar by the bed when I go out (all you young guys thinking about marriage need to remember that one). AGD, well Tom, your comment alone makes me want to hang on to it. Probably wouldn't remember me, but I was one of the crew w/ Tim Schloss, Sal, Paintball Dave, and the like back in the good ole days.
Had some great times back then playing for Grief and the early Big Games in St Louis with you and Fred. Hopefully I'll get back on my feet and squeeze out a few more good years (40 now). The Sport sure has grown, but there was something special about the early days when everyone was still trying to figure things out, a lot of innovation, and a lot of good friends that haven't been in one place together since. I guess the reason I built the stocker has a lot to do with that. Then there's Shane-o-mac, as I was leaving Grief, Shane was coming in. Sure would like to do some stock class games with you guys again....
Thanks for listening to my ramblings, for now I think I'll hold on to it. If anyone wants specific pictures or help with a conversion feel free to contact me at killerbombo@aol.com and I'll try to get back with you as time permits.
Mark

Chronobreak
01-10-2005, 06:48 PM
mark?..mark godfried?

i think we may have met up at x-trreme a few times.

imf riends with tore and sal as well great guys up there :cheers:

killerbombo
01-10-2005, 07:49 PM
I'm Bommarito, Gotfried is Marc with a c. I played on the team with Marc, Tore, Sal, Ned, and the Grief list goes on and on for close to 20 years by now. I stepped away 5+ years ago and only made it out to play occasionally after that. There's a lot of commitment to play on the team, and after a 6+ year span I had to walk away to take care of family obligations. Walking away from your buds is hard, unfortunately, driving 48 miles to the field every other weekend became harder, now I'm just kind of screwed for a while. The team as a whole was always a great group and has stood the test of time. Not many old school teams still around these days....

JRingold
01-10-2005, 08:46 PM
There's nothing better than a custom stock class marker. You'd be crazy to let it go for anything under $400.

Hmmm. I wonder how long it would take me to get the parts to copy it, only in all black?

gc82000
01-10-2005, 08:58 PM
Keep it man. I have seen a kid play in a wheel chair and he did pretty good considering. I think he was only 9 years old. Anything can happen and the body is meant to heal, keep your gun and I will see you on the field.

barrel break
01-10-2005, 09:00 PM
in my current situation, I'd pay $145, every cent i have. If i had more, I'd pay even more.

JoshK
01-10-2005, 09:03 PM
I think someone else asked, but is that body just a right feed ss body with part of the feed cut off? Also for the person thinking of replicating this in black. You should get a black x-valve(silver classic would look wierd)...but get one of those uber small 13 cubic inch tanks (they are circulating places like mccarterbrown).

AGD
01-10-2005, 09:05 PM
Mark,

Glad to hear your a member of "old school". Thing were neat back then weren't they? The kids today think a new cut and carve is a great inovation. Glad to hear your hanging on to the gun, its part of a dying breed.

AGD

JRingold
01-10-2005, 09:08 PM
I think someone else asked, but is that body just a right feed ss body with part of the feed cut off? Also for the person thinking of replicating this in black. You should get a black x-valve(silver classic would look wierd)...but get one of those uber small 13 cubic inch tanks (they are circulating places like mccarterbrown).

I have a guy who can make the stainless whatever color I want, so no worries... I've got a 22ci for my phantom currently, so that should work perfectly...

JoshK
01-10-2005, 09:11 PM
I have a guy who can make the stainless whatever color I want, so no worries... I've got a 22ci for my phantom currently, so that should work perfectly...

Sweet...but doesnt that void the warentee?(well i dont know if those would even have warentees anymore)

killerbombo
01-10-2005, 09:14 PM
Yep, it was a right hand feed, removed the feed tube and milled the hole up to match the Phantom s/c feed. With the center feed barrel installed it blocks out the lower section of the original hole. :clap:

CaliMagFan
01-10-2005, 10:00 PM
My advice is to hold on to it as long as you can. If you need the money, I think it's in the 400+ range. It's just so unique, and so stunning. My best to you so far as a miracle in healing goes, but if using it is not in the cards for you, I'm sure a perfect sized glass case with marble base and gold embossed name plaque can be had for it. Really a one of a kind, you've even got TK's wheels going on that one.

If you must sell it, or need the money, I have a connection at Christie's of London. I'm sure the bidding will start in the thousands of pounds... lol

Kudos

-kyro

JRingold
01-10-2005, 10:06 PM
The finish is just external. There would be no reason for an x-valve in a pump, especially without an autotrigger. Even with an autotrigger, I think the max for a pump is 10bps. That's not faster than the recharge of a classic valve.

P.S. if you can pump faster than 10 bps, you need to get out more. :rofl:

Bad_Dog
01-10-2005, 10:22 PM
Hey Mark, email me about this gun, i may want i!

To every one else, This gun is Uber nice. Mark did a very nice job. It is worth $350, IMHO.
You couldnt find a nicer pumpmag............

Shane-O

thats definatly a one of a kind... $350 is an understatement. I hope to someday have my pumper mag look just like that...

killerbombo
01-10-2005, 10:25 PM
When your dealing with stock class you need to think efficiency (12 grams). If I remember right, I did a lot of posting on Doc's site when I built this, and the older style valve set up was the most efficient due to the chamber size (but don't quote me on this unless someone with first hand knowlege chimes in). That's also the reason I went with the micro line. I guess you could chop, but you'd have to try really hard

lopxtc
01-20-2005, 04:01 PM
Hey whats your name again? I used to play all the time at "The Paintball Zone" back before the floods. It was located at 141 and 44 in case you never went there. I started playing about 1990 and around 92/93 time frame practiced with Greif allot back when they still wore cammy tops with black sleeves. I remember when allot of the team members starting getting VM-68's :)

Also played in several of the big games back then and was in a speedball game at the Zone when one of the big games was going on and we got rolled by the big names at the time. It was pretty much us with pumps and the rare semi against big name players ... talk about dead where we stood :)

I still talk with Sal all the time about the older days of the sport ... hell I remember watching Tori and his sister growing up around the Pro Shop all the time when it was still back behind the Dennys right off of 44.

Aaron

Probably wouldn't remember me, but I was one of the crew w/ Tim Schloss, Sal, Paintball Dave, and the like back in the good ole days.
Had some great times back then playing for Grief and the early Big Games in St Louis with you and Fred.

Chronobreak
01-20-2005, 04:14 PM
gah where are all you stl players when we tryo to get a an AO MO game going :confused:

REDRT
01-20-2005, 04:56 PM
I wouldn't sell it for anything less than 400. That there is sharp!! :wow: Hanging on to it is a good idea. Take care of that back and get well...

killerbombo
01-20-2005, 05:48 PM
gah where are all you stl players when we tryo to get a an AO MO game going :confused:

Probably at home watching NASCAR. I guess I need to get back in the loop, or at least call some old friends. By the way, what is AO MO-I know I'll get flamed for that....but I had to ask.

Chronobreak
01-20-2005, 05:54 PM
a meet for ao-ers and amggers to meet at the field and play,talk, gerneral BS and ..w/e else

a few have been done..we tried planning soem last year but they allf ell through.

B.A.M.
01-20-2005, 06:00 PM
does anyone know someone who is selling a mag pump kit

robertp7496
02-14-2005, 03:49 AM
Hey Mark I was reading the thread and thinking of offering any number of the discs out of my spin when I came across the one about you needing a hydrated L4/L5 disc. I realy don't need mine so if you want it it's yours for the gun.

vomit-fish
02-14-2005, 09:50 AM
by far the sexiest and most customized pump ive seen.

if your leaving the sport would you be able to sell me a 12 gram/10 round tube holder?

im sure u have some laying around because your a serious stock player.

yea i have verified paypal and 60+ positive ebay feedback.

thx

skife
02-14-2005, 11:23 AM
nobody asked but.... How did you get the sear to work with a hinge frame?

i think it looks awsome.

Coray
02-14-2005, 08:32 PM
Wow idk how much i'd pay...like $250+

killerbombo
05-01-2006, 06:14 PM
Hate to do this, but still haven't been able to play for over a year. Putting up for sale in the sale section for members for a week before going to Ebay. If anyones interested. $400 OBO that's acceptable plus shipping.
Please email offers to me at,
killerbombo@aim.com

Mark

SummaryJudgement
05-02-2006, 09:48 AM
Worst gripframe ever.....other than that it's hot ;) Get a kapp reflex or eclipse hinge......

evildead420
05-02-2006, 10:26 AM
i kinda like the trigger frame, needs sys. x nme grips though and it would be :D :eek: :ninja:

killerbombo
05-02-2006, 03:24 PM
For just a few Benjimans$$$$ you can make her look like whatever fits your style. Mine was classic chrome and back :cheers:

Pagan
05-10-2006, 03:20 AM
Well, I read your postings by accident and my advice, like some of the guys, is keep that gun...I myself is actually tempted to buy from you too..but, I am sure you'll regret selling it someday..