PDA

View Full Version : Playing in the mud

Twitch04
01-09-2005, 07:28 PM
Paintball in the mud is a blast. Post your mud stories good and bad here and have some fun.

I slid bout 10 ft. on my stomach because i sliped. After the game the ref that was watching told me i was shooting the whole time and almost got someone. By the end of the day only my head and some of my back had no mud on me but it was a blast.

xballfan780
01-09-2005, 07:35 PM
I played in the rain one day. there were huge puddle , like 4 inches deep and 3-4 ft long. I was at the beck left bunker and there was nice spot infront of me that I wanted to go to. I moved up not knowing there was a puddle there. I slid on my knee'd and fell forward face in the mudd. I was soaked and all muddy.

evildead420
01-09-2005, 07:51 PM
Big Islands Kaloko field (not there no more) was great with the mud ,rain, and fog. straight jungle style play. i feel like im rambo with the messy mud, rain and fog. just a good feeling. no storys but had fun with those known problems ;)

NewMagMan21
01-09-2005, 07:57 PM
One time I was playing it had just stopped raining and I slid down a hill for literally 15 ft and gogged someone while doing it with paint flying all around me throwing up dirt by me... I was like :wow: My friend was watching and he said it was like the movies it was so perfect... my best experience in paintball...

xXHavokXx
01-09-2005, 08:06 PM
Two weeks ago someone was making fun of me for using my JD Fly in the pouring rain. Basically he said it would fail on me with a few drops.

Cut him in half. However I got my leopard print perfection completely covered in mud.

magmanl337
01-09-2005, 09:05 PM
Automaggot68 can vouch for this story:

It happened in SCVIllage 2 days after massive rain. No one wanted to play in the mud, but i did. Lunch comes around after me doin a superman dive into the mud (When Dean was screaming 'Nooo' but thats another story) and Martin (Flyboy) noticed how muddy i was. Bear in mind that he was giving me a ride home. So i then had to spend the next 45 min under a hose to clean up.

SAW
01-09-2005, 09:39 PM
A group of us were playing pump in the woods after a rainstorm. A friend slipped and went face-first into the mud, he was COVERED. His mask had a layer of mud so think he couldn't see. All this was funny enough, but another one of the guys pulled out a car squeege and "squeeged" the mud off. One swipe across the lens. :D

Enemy
01-10-2005, 02:13 AM
last week the feild was covered with puddles so im running to a lay down brick and ofcoarse baseball slide in!! oh i forgot to mention that there was a puddle bout 2 inches deep and a good foot long on my side of the laydown.. my hand was covered in mud i didnt want to touch my gun!! after the game the ref comes over and says that it was great all he sees is me disappear behind the bunker and a wall of water come flying over! i told him my boxers are wet you got any spares! he didnt give me any so im filing a complaint for bad customer service with his boss!! :rolleyes: ;) :cheers:

p u r e e v i l
01-10-2005, 11:37 AM
I seem to recall a time when I was playing for my old team up at one of their two fields during a practice. I was running towards the snake off of the break. When I slid into the snake I continued to slide and stopped out in the open (The snake was seperated into two parts, something I didn't know...) I tried to push myself into the other section of the snake and did, but not before I tore some muscles around my rotary cup when I was trying to stop in the first section of the snake.

Thordic
01-10-2005, 11:39 AM
Haha at NJAO3 at Knightbreed, the airball field was a muddy mess.

I go to play a match using a borrowed Sydarm (I think it was magman007s).

I try to run off the break, I slip and fall, and the sydarm goes barrel-first into the mud. The barrel was clogged with about 4" of thick mud, and I was filthy.

I cleaned it up nice and perdy before I gave it back though :)

C_22
01-10-2005, 12:11 PM
There was this 7 man tourney in Monterrey, Mexico last year. It never rains there, but occasionally THAT weekend the tourney was held, it rained and rained. The field was all wet and muddy; I mean every step you took, your feet would sink like 10 cm. deep. Plus if you count that it never stopped raining (light rain) well conditions were really hard. Anyway, we loved the field ‘cause every slide we did we had literally grab the grass in order to stop sliding or even hoped the bunkers were well staked to the grass and use them as bumpers :ninja: . I was using my bros DM3 then, which failed (water got into the board) then my X-Mag also failed during a game (water got into the board as well…) so I ended up playing manual mode. Water got into the barrels which made the balls make some nasty twists in mid air, not to mention how chopping balls became so easy (nothing that covering the entire barrel with electrical tape didn’t solve). Anyway, I considered playing in those conditions somewhat fun even if it was extremely uncomfortable but in the end we ended up snagging third place and I got my dirty hands on my Ironmen Trix (which still to date I own). :headbang:

My X-Mag was OK once I pulled the board out and exposed it to the hot & dry Mexico City sun for a couple of hours.

Python14
01-10-2005, 12:33 PM
I remember like a few years ago I was playing in NC somewhere near Wilmington at a renegade field and around 2 or 3, there was a sudden downpour. We all hid under the tailgates of trucks until it stopped. After it was finished pouring, the sun came back out but the fields were so muddy and sloppy that we were thinking someone would get buried alive in it.

However, it was great. If I got a good running start(keyword being IF)...I could slide all the way down the snake on my belly. Ofcourse, every square inch of my body was covered in sticky, sloppy mud. Even though I had on full-length Body armor(the tight shirts....not real armor), my upper body was drenched. But it was so much fun playing that it was worth the 3 hours I spent at the Laundymat talking to a lady with a moustache.

yakitori
01-10-2005, 01:03 PM
how many times can you hear the phrase "covered in mud" and not be bored.

Playing in the mud is not fun for me. I play better when I can run around w/o looking like I got something stuck up my butt.

and I dont like the cleanup afterward, neither does my wife. :D