PDA

View Full Version : Is this a LVL 10 issue?

hobbesTZ
01-09-2005, 10:08 PM
The bolt doesn't always return all the way (just a wee bit before it's all the way back), and I have to push the bolt back to get it going again. Is this a LVL 10 issue? What's causing it? All 5 carriers that I have are either too stiff, or cause it to leak. So it also has a small down the barrel leak as well.

JRingold
01-09-2005, 10:55 PM
What spring are you using? If you move down one carrier adn oil the heck out of it, what happens?

Rift
01-09-2005, 11:56 PM
No need to oil it like mad infact its best not to oil the carrier oring, what size carrier are you using? spring? how tight is your field strip screw? finger tight or alen key tight? Last thing do you have shims in there?

hobbesTZ
01-09-2005, 11:58 PM
I've tried the 2/1.5/.5/3/1.5 and none of them stop it from leaking. I'm missing the rest of the carriers, and I just ordered a 1 from AGD. I had the field strip screw all the way in finger tight, and I was just putting everything back together and noticed the valve go up and down as I tightened/loosened it at the end. Now I have it in as tight as it will go without pushing the valve down, and I'll fire it up tomorrow and see how it goes.

JRingold
01-10-2005, 12:25 AM
Having all the carriers in a set is a good thing... But I don't think that would cause the bolt not to reset completely. Is there anything foreign in the powertube? Maybe a shim not seated properly, or something else? Just a thought...

hobbesTZ
01-10-2005, 12:41 AM
I'm sure it's just the field strip screw being in too tight. Though I only have one of the two shims since I dropped one by my computer, and I can't find it for the life of me. Is it going to cause any problems?

Andrew Cunje
01-10-2005, 01:34 AM
might sound stupid but are u remebering to put in the backing washer...if it is leaking with all of those then it is most likley time for a new oring and a fresh start....

start at a 2.5 or 2.0 with a new o-ring....shoot a few tanks through till it starts leakign when u touch the trigger or constant leak, drop the size continue, or just play and continue to drop the carrier if u get a barrel leak...i started at a 2.5 on mind jsut dropped to a 2.0 and i am getting slight leakign everynow and then, will be dropping to a 1.5 soon

shims only tell the bolt when the level 10 should kick in...2 is just standard for where u want to start and pretty much what everyone has...

uhm....make sure u use a wrench to just snug up the tube tip, not super tight though :)

fs screw could always be a problem for why it is sticking, what i do normally is hand tighten it, then put hte alan key in and tap the end lightly till it stops moving...i have the fs washer in place btw for reference....but i never have problems and it seems to bethe perfect tightness for my custom mech x-mag and my buddies tac-one

use the brass spring to break in initially
use the red to break in some more
use the silver spring(longest one) after u break in the new oring

hobbesTZ
01-10-2005, 10:53 AM
The bolt stick was indeed just a field strip screw issue. And right now it's not leaking, so I guess it's all about the carriers. Though I don't have all the springs either, just whatever is on the bolt now and one that's a lot longer. Will the spring length cause leaking?

SpitFire1299
01-10-2005, 05:57 PM
The spring length will cause it not to be able to shoot if its to long, or let air come out the side of the valve i believe.

Please read this and make sure everything is in right.-
http://www.automags.org/resource/level10/index.shtml

OIL YOUR CARRIER ORING. It allows the bolt to slide through it better and more correctly. Also make sure that you pushed the stuff in all the way. Look for your shim, your probley going to need that.

Rift
01-10-2005, 08:20 PM
OIL YOUR CARRIER ORING. It allows the bolt to slide through it better and more correctly.

Doing that can actually cause problems later on when the oil gose away, the little oil that gets on there from when you oil the gun through the asa or otherwise is enough theres no need put oil on it. Im also thinking you men the power tube oring? not the black one that surounds the carrier.

hobbesTZ
01-10-2005, 08:31 PM
It's all fixed now, including the leak. It was just the carrier o-ring.