PDA

View Full Version : could someone help me

american iron
01-10-2005, 01:03 AM
ive been wanting to upgrade from my spyder for about a year and a half and i think the mag is the gun for me but i dont know hardly anything about them here are my questions
1can i get an electronic one?
2is it possable to walk the trigger if i get a double trigger frame?
3couldi use it in regonal tournys?
4where can i buy the gun and ups for it at?
5will this gun lastme for a long time?
6how many bps could i get at most?
7what is the level ten kit and how does it work?
8coulsd youexplaina little bit more to me abouthow it works?
thanks if you can help me

Andrew Cunje
01-10-2005, 01:27 AM
jesus this might take a while get a cup of coffee...

1: Yes. Xmag, Emag, Centerflag Hyper-Frame ur choice, i prefer not to have an electronic because i can already shoot my mech x-valve just as fast.
2: Yes. You can walk the trigger with a double. if u put 2 shims in ur power tube, 4 in ur ult, and have a input pressure of 850 and up you can easily walk it. http://www.cunje.com/CunjeXmag.wmv
3: Yes. You will be able to shoot this gun in regional tourny play...they will whore u for checking for bounce on ur trigger, but to be honest i think it shouldnt be an issue, half these F**** are using electronic gayness, i say if u can make ur mech shoot faster u deserve it
4: Airgun.com sells them at resonable prices, but guys like TUNA and RougeFactor will hook u up with some good deals on this forum, just send one of them a PM or search the forums.
6: On the stock on/off valve some will tell you that the most u can shoot out of it is 11/12 BPS on the Mechanical guns....but remember the higher pressures u get the more bounce u get, therefore u can exceed these limits...but then u get into the trouble of not being "tourney legal" if you were to put a ULT in you can expect another 2-3 bps faster depending once again on your input pressure....higher pressures=more bounce=AWESOME-O
7: The level 10 kit is a mechanical anti-break system...it prevents u from choping paint in ur barrel, this is amazing...alot of guys with ACE(the gayer electonic system on e and xmags) end up turning ACE off and stickign with LVL10......aight how this works is basically, one the bolt there is a tube running down the middle of it with a hole on it...this tube goes into the power tube(front of the valve) inside there is an oring with goes around the BOLTS center (the tube on the bolt) when u gas up the gun, the sear holds the bolt back and this camber is filled with air...when u pull the trigger the bolt is release and it flys forward...if anything is obstructing the bolts movement the gas would be vented out the small hole on the bolt and it would be reset for another shot...there are pictures on airguns website to give u a better idea of this.
8: OK...a little more....the gun has 4 main peices....the Mainbody, the Rail, The Trigger Frame, and the valve......the mainybody rail and trigger are held together buy a 10/32 screw near the front...then valve is held into the mainbody with the fs screw(field strip screw)....you put air into the valve...the reulator on the back tells it how much air is let in....the air fills the powertube chamber, and the onoff is pushed down, when u pull the trigger the on/off is pushed up an dthe bolt is realesed to fly forward....when the spring resets it and u let go of the trigger the chamber is turned on again and refilled and so on...easy enough i suppose...

anywho...if u have any more detailed questions dont hesitate to ask...

i have only owned a mag and will only own a mag.

the first gun i shot was a pro-carbine and it was a POS
the second gun i shot was my first 68 Classic Automag...
after buying all new parts i sold the old gun after buidlign my new current gun...the mech x-mag

my little brothe rowns a spyder and it crapped out on the field today...we are sellign it on ebay...and he is getting an r/t custom...my other buddy jsut got a tacone...very nice but louder than the average mag for some reason...well more of a distinct sound than louder

anyways MAGS OWN :headbang:

Carbon Blue
01-10-2005, 01:31 AM
ive been wanting to upgrade from my spyder for about a year and a half and i think the mag is the gun for me but i dont know hardly anything about them here are my questions
1can i get an electronic one?
2is it possable to walk the trigger if i get a double trigger frame?
3couldi use it in regonal tournys?
4where can i buy the gun and ups for it at?
5will this gun lastme for a long time?
6how many bps could i get at most?
7what is the level ten kit and how does it work?
8coulsd youexplaina little bit more to me abouthow it works?
thanks if you can help me

1. Yes you can, The Centerflag Hyperframe makes them and the Booyah Comapny. GO with Centerflags hyperframe.
2.If you get a mechanical trigger frame such as the intelliframe it is not possible, if u get the ULT u can walk it but it is not efficient and u would be faster using one finger
3.Yes you can use it in regional tournies as long it is one shot per pull and does not have any bounce on it
4.You can buy the mag in the marker section of this forum, PM Tunaman, and RogueFactor if u want one specially made.
5. The mag will last forever as long as u take care of it. Some people have been running mags since the mid to early 90s
6.With the classic valve they are rated at about 12-13bps but suffers from shootdown, if u upgrade to a retro, emag, xvalve you can do 20-35bps depending on input pressures and what kind of adjustable tank you are using. You will need an adjustable tank to attain that kind of rate of fire.
7.Level 10 kit prevents chops and needs to be tuned with the use of carriers, shims, and springs. Basically u want to go with the largest carrier that does not leak. Basically once the bolt touches the ball (in a chopping situation) there is a vent in which the air can escape. Level 10 bolts need a higher operating psi as compared to lvl7 bolts.
8.Iam not THAT familiar with the actual workings of the lvl 10

hope this helps u!

american iron
01-10-2005, 01:40 AM
yeah it helps alot the mags sound so basicaly to work at highest performance i need a high output hpa tank and the level 10 kit and an ule kit? ilooked around a little more and is that square boxy things on some mags a regulator of some sorts? plus i ithnk that i will stay mechafter reading about the ule kit i dontrealy like elecrtos i just like the rof

Andrew Cunje
01-10-2005, 01:43 AM
no, the square boxy thing i think u are talking abotu is the battery compartment on the electros(e and x mags)

and with the intelli u can walk the trigger quite well with the ult and a decent input pressure...i can shoot it much faster than one finger...i can outshoot my brothers 14 bps electro trigger when i walk it

Andrew Cunje
01-10-2005, 01:46 AM
if u just call center flag and order the 420 regulator on a 68 tank or whatever tank u want before they ship it out u cna request an output pressure instead of the standard 750psi(which is really like 650 the danger zone for mags :)) i just got mine adjusted to 1000psi...and my mag rips like none other...i tuned it for as little bounce as possible also

also if u wanted a hyperframe...just call centerflag instead of scouring the internet....they can part one together for u if u want one

american iron
01-10-2005, 01:56 AM
hm well im thinknig about it i think i know about he ups pretty good but im still stuck between a mag or a cocker idont know i play back/mid woulda mag be good for me?

Andrew Cunje
01-10-2005, 02:02 AM
mags are dot acurate...none of the exteral parts to worry abotu

cockers...moving external parts, hoses etc...silinoids are a pain, timing gets old

mag...once u set it up, forget it, its a master

i was pickign people off like 100 feet+ off, and i aim for hoppers and body parts sticking out :)

my buddy had an a-5 rt...just sold it now hes addicted to his new tac-one...him and i were the ownage on the field today...rocking all those suckers with cockers and electros...mechanical guns rule

my little bro is selling his pos spyder rodeo with electronic trigger this week on ebay to get a r/t custom instead :shooting:

sleep for me...if u have more questions ill answer them at work... NIGHT! :sleeping:

american iron
01-10-2005, 05:22 PM
how many psi output do i need to get a light trigger with minimal bounce?

SpitFire1299
01-10-2005, 05:28 PM
You can just adjust your sear to make minimum bounce.

600-800 input pressure for the xvalve. No Co2

Carbon Blue
01-10-2005, 05:38 PM
You can just adjust your sear to make minimum bounce.

600-800 input pressure for the xvalve. No Co2

Never ever adjust your sear rod length. Some people seem to find 850-900psi as the magic pressure before bounce begins.

SpitFire1299
01-10-2005, 05:50 PM
Thats to high of pressure input. You can adjust your sear too.

It says DIRECTLY on the gun rail Recommended input- 600-800 psi

I get bounce when my sear pin is a bit to much off my trigger, and then when i pull the trigger lightly.

american iron
01-10-2005, 06:34 PM
so about 800 psi will be good?
i think i will get the mag what one would you recomend for a person who is just starting out with them?

SpitFire1299
01-10-2005, 06:39 PM
If your going to get a mag and play for sure, go straight for the best. If your undecided.. get a regular 68 classic.

Andrew Cunje
01-10-2005, 06:42 PM
i say the tac-one is the best for the money...its an amazing performer, a r/t custom will provide you a little more choices...colors sytles etc

Carbon Blue
01-10-2005, 07:20 PM
Thats to high of pressure input. You can adjust your sear too.

It says DIRECTLY on the gun rail Recommended input- 600-800 psi

I get bounce when my sear pin is a bit to much off my trigger, and then when i pull the trigger lightly.

im telling you that you should never adjust your sear rod length as it is to AGD specs, its been said time and time again and 850psi-900psi is not even alot of input pressure. With the stock sear rod length you will start to experience bounce at around 850psi-900, but then again all valves are different as i have seen major bounce from an xvalved mag with a preset crossfire. Many people run north of 900psi into their xvalves and i have even run 1200psi. I dont experience bounce till about 850-875psi.

SpitFire1299
01-10-2005, 11:52 PM
im telling you that you should never adjust your sear rod length as it is to AGD specs, its been said time and time again and 850psi-900psi is not even alot of input pressure. With the stock sear rod length you will start to experience bounce at around 850psi-900, but then again all valves are different as i have seen major bounce from an xvalved mag with a preset crossfire. Many people run north of 900psi into their xvalves and i have even run 1200psi. I dont experience bounce till about 850-875psi.

I wasnt fighting with you, im just saying that it says Recommended psi input on the rail. I got a new vertical frame and i had to adjust my sear length, and i also had to play with it. I noticed that at certian areas it would bounce more and bounce less.. or not at all.

Dont want to fight. :cheers: