PDA

View Full Version : incomplete firing sequence?

toothlesrooster
01-10-2005, 01:17 AM
Hey guys,

I just got my X-mag yesterday and went to the field today to get some games in. So far I love the gun, even with the problem it's having. I know it'll be even better once I get it resolved.

The problem I'm having is that when firing in elecro or manual the bolt sometimes won't go all the way forward. It' hisses and resets. I know this is a charactaristic of level-10 but it does it even when there's no paint in it. I was wondering if it may have the wrong carrier in it, or maybe the wrong spring? Hopefully I can get this figured out quickly. Thanks guys. BTW I'm pretty much new to the mag. I'm familiar with most every other marker out there and tech them on a regular basis at the shop, but mags are few and far between out here. Thanks in advance.

Gavin

Andrew Cunje
01-10-2005, 01:39 AM
velocity all the way up to where u need it? input pressure?

toothlesrooster
01-10-2005, 08:04 AM
Ya, we have a very small indoor 3man field. I adjusted velocity down from 280 to 250.

Joni
01-10-2005, 10:49 AM
That's your problem. You probably have the middle spring (red). Change to the shortest spring when shooting so low velocities, otherwise it will do exactly what you described. Just remember to change to the original spring when adjusting up the fps again, otherwise it will probably chop.

toothlesrooster
01-10-2005, 04:43 PM
That definatley sounds like it makes sence. I've got several bolt/main springs, though none of them are color coded. I'll tinker with each one and see what does what. Thanks for you help guys.

Gavin

SpitFire1299
01-10-2005, 05:20 PM
It may be your carrier or spring.. I made a post to help someone else out with a somewhat similar problem.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163539

Scroll down and read my post, It may help... I hope it does!

Joni
01-11-2005, 10:34 AM
If they aren't colour coded, you have a older lvl10. The shortest spring is easy to find, it's noticably shorter than the others. The middle and longest spring can be almost the same, but you should be able to see a difference when comparing.

toothlesrooster
01-11-2005, 11:17 AM
That seemed to have been the problem. I have 6 main springs and a bunch of carriers so I imagine I have a bunch of extra parts. Everything's working great now. Thanks for the help guys!

Gavin