PDA

View Full Version : lvl 7 powertube tip on lvl X

awwdavy
01-10-2005, 02:00 PM
I bought an rt valve with lvl x and the powertube tip is that of a lvl 7 (uses a penny or something to remove it) instead of the lvl 10 (uses a wrench). The gun shoots just fine but the Lvl X is terribly hard on paint. Would that have anything to do with it?

Little_Ho
01-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Did you try another longer Spring?? Do you still have the foamie on the Powertube tip??
Did you chrono your Mag??

SpitFire1299
01-10-2005, 04:26 PM
I dont really think that you have level 10.

Tunaman
01-10-2005, 04:55 PM
Did you try another longer Spring?? Do you still have the foamie on the Powertube tip??
Did you chrono your Mag??There is no foamie on the powertube tip. The foamy goes in the bolt. ;) I also suspect that there is no level 10 in that marker. Please show us a picture of the bolt so we can tell what you have going on over there... :D

awwdavy
01-10-2005, 06:19 PM
im sure it does have level 10 because it is the lvl 10 bolt, there is a carrier and shims inside, and most of all it stops and chuffs when i stick my finger in it. It is just harder than I would like it. I really just want to know if the powertube tips of the lvl x and lvl 7 are any different. The previous owner probably just liked the look of the old tip better. Thanks everyone for your responses.

Tunaman
01-10-2005, 08:13 PM
Oh for sure they are different. You NEED to use the Level 10 Powertube tip with the Level 10.

awwdavy
01-10-2005, 10:03 PM
well thats great to hear. I've had this gun for about a year and a half and I never thought to ask about the powertube tips. Dont I feel like an idiot. Thanks again to everyone who helped me out.

SpitFire1299
01-10-2005, 11:47 PM
If it works im sure your fine. I know it hits harder then you think, I did the finger test and after a few it started to somewhat hurt. Try moving your finger towards the side where the bolt comes out, thats how hard it will be.

Pretty much i think your fine, and good to go.