PDA

View Full Version : upgrdes for my gun what should i do?

corky07
01-10-2005, 05:08 PM
i have a Pmi Piranha Eforce Vtl Electronic and its Electric blue and i want to put some cool stuff on it but i have only been paintballing for a year and i am not sure what i should do to put some tight stuff on it. I got the gun in early october!! TELL ME WHAT TO DO?!

FSU_Paintball
01-10-2005, 05:12 PM
1. Buy a decent barrel. CP 1-piece ($40) or Lapco BigShot ($45) will be fine.

2. Buy a fast hopper. If you can afford it, a Halo or Egg 2, otherwise a 12V revvy is fine ($25 at Action Village)

3. A nice regulator isn't a bad idea. A Palmers Stabilizer will be good with CO2, and costs about $90.

Other than that, just stay with what you have until you're serious enough and can afford a nice electro and a compressed air tank.

A5 Capo
01-10-2005, 05:21 PM
i don't know too much about spyders, as i've never owned one, but the best first improvement to make to ANY gun is to get a nitrogen (aka high-pressure air) tank and replace your CO2. it not only improves velocity consistency by A LOT, it also works well in cold weather, unlike co2, which starts in a liquid form and has to expand into gas (doesn't always happen in the cold). additionally, nitro allows you to use a guage to see exactly how much air you have left, whereas co2 requires estimation (bad news if you're in a tourney or just want to relax about your air while you're playing for fun). nitro is also "clean" air; in other words, co2, because it's in liquid form in the bottle and must later expand into gas, it oftentimes leaves a residue on the internals of your gun. this doesn't have any affect after a few times, but eventually you might run into some problems (ie: sticking valves/bolts, etc.).

if you've already gotten the nitro, then go w/ a good barrel. i'd recommend an evil pipe, smart parts freak, or--if you don't want to spend quite as much $$--dye boomstick/ultralite.

like i said, i don't know too much about spyders, but mods (not including barrels and air) generally involve internal part upgrades, which differs from gun to gun (although a bolt upgrade is generally a safe bet).

hope that helped.

thelane
01-10-2005, 05:55 PM
[QUOTE=corky07]i have a Pmi Piranha Eforce Vtl Electronic QUOTE]^^^^^^dude not spyder but butter oh and courtney *cough foregrip cough*

:shooting: :dance:
-lane the flying skwril
P.S. WELCOME 2 AO!! :headbang:

FSU_Paintball
01-10-2005, 06:32 PM
I recommended a regulator instead of nitro/compressed air because while spyders like HP nitro tanks, many upper-end guns want LP tanks. However, you can take a regulator to any gun.

I only suggest upgrades (aside from a decent but low-cost barrel) that you can use on your future guns.

SAW
01-10-2005, 09:56 PM
You could always look for a HPA with HP/LP spring swap. May be a little expensive, but it'll work both ways.

A5 Capo
01-10-2005, 11:08 PM
also known as an adjustable regulator (no swapping of any parts; just a twist w/ an allen wrench). however, that also means a significant jump in price, so if you're planning on sticking with a high-pressure gun (like a spyder or even a mag, which should be the only alternative ;)) just go with a non-adjustable high-pressure nitro tank.

Enemy
01-11-2005, 01:26 AM
centerflag 4ce is swappable and right in the middle of the price of preset and adjustable!! but really co2 will work fine a good reg would be next if i was you!! i like aka. palmers arent bad either and if you dont want to spend much the old stock cocker regs worked well enough! barrel would be a nice upgrade if you just want a one piece you can look at cps, all americans, ultra lights and boomsticks! drop or rail adapter if you dont like the way your tank sits! loaders evo, reloader b, apache and halo b are the top side! maybe upgrade to an eye system im not sure if your board will work with eyes but pmi makes one and then there are the aftermarket boards like predator 2s and morlocks! the bolt changes dont really do to much so stick with barrels and regs thats where your biggest gains will be and loaders! good luck have fun!

Automaggot68
01-11-2005, 02:03 AM
[QUOTE=corky07]i have a Pmi Piranha Eforce Vtl Electronic QUOTE]^^^^^^dude not spyder but butter oh and courtney *cough foregrip cough*

:shooting: :dance:
-lane the flying skwril
P.S. WELCOME 2 AO!! :headbang:

Uhm.

THe PMI is a Stacked tube Blowback. So is a Spyder. The spyder is a PMI clone.
Last time i checke,d most parts were swappable.

teufelhunden
01-11-2005, 08:40 AM
The only high end gun I know of that will not work with a HP tank is the early Speeds.. the ones with bad miniregs. Other than that, I've never, ever happened across a gun that didn't like an 800-850 output. Less chance of shootdown, guaranteed compatbility, better resale.. go HP.

Thread starter: Don't put too much money into this gun with non-universal stuff. Meaning don't go out and drop $200 on new internals, because when you decide in six months you need a better rig you'll be pissed you wasted the cash on it. Instead, buy a good tank [68.45 seems to do it for most people] and a good hopper [Halo/Reloader B] and you're good to go. If you must, buy a used barrel, but other than that, I wouldn't put any other money into this gun. It started as a low end gun and will always be a low end gun-- surely you've seen the $1000 Spyders that shoot just marginally better than the $130 Imagines.

Congrats on your purchase.