PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Legal?

InZaneFlea
01-10-2005, 10:58 PM
Is it legal to ship a paintball gun from the USA to Canada? If not, is it legal as long as it's stripped apart?

InZaneFlea
01-10-2005, 11:07 PM
Anyone know?

magman007
01-10-2005, 11:08 PM
yea its legal, ive done it many times, and ive ordered many markers from canada, customs just takes a while

InZaneFlea
01-10-2005, 11:11 PM
Rgr that, thanks a lot!

Tunaman
01-10-2005, 11:35 PM
Just dont put the word "GUN" anywhere on or in the package. "Paint Marker" works great. ;)

InZaneFlea
01-10-2005, 11:40 PM
Toy Paintmarker parts works 'eh?

xballfan780
01-10-2005, 11:43 PM
Use the Words "Paintball Marker" When shipping and going though borders ;)
It will keep you your stuff ;)

Creative Mayhem
01-11-2005, 10:28 AM
use "paintball equipment/marker/accessory" but it is a good idea to have it partially disassembled, that way it doesn't look like a "gun" when they open the box. MAke sure you are prepared to wait for it to clear customs... it can take some time... bastards!

SlartyBartFast
01-11-2005, 11:43 AM
Is this why nobody seems to want to ship to Canada on Ebay?

I've seen a number of Minimags I'd love to bid on, but they all ship to the USA only.

Any AO members or trustworthy stores in or near Plattsburgh, or another border town, I could have it shipped to instead and go pick it up? Lack of a Mag is driving me nuts....

I might just have to buy a new RT_Custom. :D

brianlojeck
01-11-2005, 12:32 PM
I shipped a powerfeed body to oysterboy that's still sitting in customs after... 8 months?

I suggest shipping it ups, not usps. they seem to have a much better relationship with customs, and keep their paperwork in better order...

Deep Sixx
01-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Is this why nobody seems to want to ship to Canada on Ebay?

I've seen a number of Minimags I'd love to bid on, but they all ship to the USA only.

Any AO members or trustworthy stores in or near Plattsburgh, or another border town, I could have it shipped to instead and go pick it up? Lack of a Mag is driving me nuts....

I might just have to buy a new RT_Custom. :D

No, that's a new Ebay.com policy. Ebay considers paintball equipment to be firearms and/or weapons and only sellers located in the US can sell them on ebay.com. They also cannot ship them outside the US.

Here's the details: http://www2.ebay.com/aw/marketing.shtml

BS if you ask me... I don't think Ebay has the right to tell people where they can and can't ship their stuff. Email the seller and ask if they'd be willing to ship to Canada.

sixx

Deep Sixx
01-11-2005, 12:39 PM
I shipped a powerfeed body to oysterboy that's still sitting in customs after... 8 months?

I suggest shipping it ups, not usps. they seem to have a much better relationship with customs, and keep their paperwork in better order...

Don't use UPS, unless you really wanna screw the person you're selling to. USP charges up to 50% of the package value for their customs brokerage fee. Which will be charged to the recipient upon delivery.

Use USPS or FedEx or something... anything but UPS.

sixx

brianlojeck
01-11-2005, 03:10 PM
I didn't realize that was a UPS only fee... I guess that explains why they get through so fast...

I'm not really fit to judge, so lets ask Oysterboy if he's reading this: Which package did you prefer, the free one that's still sitting in customs, or the expensive one that got to you in a week? ;-)

SlartyBartFast
01-11-2005, 03:11 PM
Here's the details: http://www2.ebay.com/aw/marketing.shtml

Sounds like BS to me... :rolleyes: :tard: :mad:

***Listing Policy Update – Firearms and Weapons***
Date: 12/28/04 Time: 09:22:04 AM PST

In order to comply with the firearms and weapons policies on eBay websites worldwide, effective today, December 28th, Gun Parts, Gun Accessories, Paintballs equipment and accessories, Crossbows, Airsoft equipment and accessories, and Throwing Knives may only be sold on eBay.com by sellers who are located in United States. The item and its specified Item location on the listing must be the United States. Additionally, US sellers may only offer domestic shipping on these products.
Current listings that meet these conditions will be allowed to end as scheduled.

All new listings or any re-listed item must comply with this policy effective today.

All current Store listings must be in compliance by Wednesday January 5th.

For additional information, please refer to eBay’s Firearms Ammunition, Replicas, and Militaria Help page (http://http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/firearms.html).

Regards,
eBay

Deep Sixx
01-11-2005, 03:16 PM
Sounds like BS to me... :rolleyes: :tard: :mad:

Yep, definitely BS... but it's the way it is.

sixx