PDA

View Full Version : Old Minimag w/ velocity issues

osustevie
01-11-2005, 07:50 AM
At my wits end with this minimag! :shooting:

I just cannot seem to get the velocity to adjust or get a consistant velocity set on this marker. I cant get the velocity above about 220 fps and its all over the place 100,180, 122,200,110, like that. I have a chrono to test the velocity. I have changed all the o-rings on the reg and the on/off assy. Its got new a reg seal and reg pin. I have cleaned and lightly greased all the reg parts with slick honey. I checked the o-ring in the power tube and it looks fine.

Heres my set-up: Old minimag no stars sn MM12018. Brand new macro line and 90 degree fittings from two new crossfire tanks, a 45/3k and a 68/3k. Its hooked dirctly from asa to valve.
This one has me stumped. I have a tac one and a 68 classic so Im not new to mags. Any ideas from the experts here on AO would be greatly appreciated. Im at the point where Im almost ready to send it in to Tunaman or to Airgun for repairs.
Thanks
osustevie

Yabb0
01-11-2005, 08:24 AM
trade it in for a X valve.... sounds like the reg on the valve is jacked....

athomas
01-11-2005, 08:35 AM
Did you also take the regulator assembly out and clean the back of the valve and reg piston? A piece of dirt in the back could have that effect. I've also seen the regulator seat cause that problem by collapsing on the pin.

The crossfire tanks are high pressure, right? Just checking to be sure.

I'm not familiar with slick honey. How thick is it? Automag's tight tolerances might cause any thicker lubricant to interfer with normal operation of the regulator. Use only light synthetic lubricants.

ilovemags2
01-12-2005, 09:40 PM
if none of that works mabey you arn't pulling the trigger the same every time. classics are very tempermental like that