PDA

View Full Version : My EMag total shot counter went CRAZY!!!

damageinc54
11-11-2001, 01:39 AM
I just bought my emag 2 days ago. I had about 1600 shots on the counter. I was adjusting the trigger to my liking and when I was done I scrolled throught the menu and the gun said that I had 550265 total shots! I did not take that many shots!!!! What happened???

FooTemps
11-11-2001, 02:01 AM
Was it a used or new gun?

someone coulda played a lot with the emag if it was used. It coulda been demo gun. or MAYBE just it's that the SOFTWARE is MESSED UP!

damageinc54
11-11-2001, 02:21 AM
The gun is brand spanking new. It had about 1600 total shots on it before I set the trigger. by the time I got done it had over 550,000! Something went wrong with it!

FooTemps
11-11-2001, 02:23 AM
Remember... I said that the SOFTWARE WAS MESSED UP! The other statements were just sarcastic remarks. Call agd and they'll take care of it.

damageinc54
11-11-2001, 02:26 AM
I am going to AGD Firday for the tech class. I will get it taken care of.

a_malfunction
11-11-2001, 10:08 AM
I've heard of this happening when people adjusted the magnet in the trigger too close to the sensor. Back it out a bit and see if that fixes the problem.

Tbone
11-11-2001, 12:18 PM
yeah, magnets + electronics = bad

:)

~WarpedRT~
11-11-2001, 03:07 PM
Well, if you get tired of those pesky numbers, you could always have your board hacked. I know someone who had theirs hacked, and now when he takes his battery pack off, or something like that (I can't remember what he does exactly) it resets his shots to 0. But as for what AGD would say about that, I don't know.

Russ
11-11-2001, 07:08 PM
damageinc54,

Hang on, don't panic :) You said it in your post, you were adjusting the trigger and...well, you adjusted the trigger magnet too far forward, and that reeks havoc with the hall effects sensor in the frame. Like a_malfunction said, back it out and try again.

My Micro E-Mag had the shot counter go over 500,000 also. That's a weird glitch that has happened to a few guys with E-Mags. It can be reset, but I beleive that the gun would have to be sent in to do it :( Good Luck

Vil3
11-11-2001, 08:51 PM
all u have to do to make ur total shot timer resest is to let the battery drain until it dies and it will reset itself- i dont know why it works, but if u let ur battery drain out of energy it shuts off along with erasing your total shots

damageinc54
11-16-2001, 03:37 AM
Update. I tried what Vil3 said to do. I left the gun on for 2 days and the battery drained. I recharged the battery and put it back on the gun. Guess what happened..... The total shot counter reset itself back to zero just like Vil3 said it would. Is it just me or does this make the total shot counter completely useless? I have seen used emags for sale and the sellers always try to use the number of shots on the total shot counter as a selling tool. To me this is just like turning back the miles on a car. If you are in the market for a used emag do not pay any attention to what the shot counter says.

Russ
11-16-2001, 09:44 AM
Hmm, very interesting. Gotta agree that the TSC is just about useless, then.