PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else do this ?

NIghtStalker001
01-11-2005, 09:22 AM
I play paintball pretty regular and one of my favorite things to do is to go on the field looking like a newbie. With everyone concerned how they look ,how much there marker is worth and all the hype,me and my brother love going to local fields looking like we dont know what were doing.
With a t shirst on and blue jeans the players that are concerned with looks,look at you like you suck. There is no greater satisfaction for me then taking out peole that underestimate us because how we look.If you havnt tried it,please do.you actually get more respect looking like you dont have a clue and taking people out,then to show up in full gear and getting smoked by someone wearing sweats. Its funny and fun.
we actually showed up to a tournament wearing sweats and a camo jersy and took 1st. It was only a local three man with only about 10 teams playing but the look on there faces when we entered was that of disgust,but when it was said and done I think we changed alot of peoples opinons on looks

Syx80
01-11-2005, 09:26 AM
Good idea, but i'd rather do what I do dress in my dye pants and ratco jersey.

NIghtStalker001
01-11-2005, 09:45 AM
I know what you'd rather do.I'm not saying get rid of all the gear you spent your hard earned money on. What im saying is try it for fun. try it for the reaction on there faces.
If you look the part of this tourneyed out player people will expect that kind of play.Now if you know how to play well and you dress down they dont expect you to be very good and it causes a surprise. Like damn how did that newbie run up and bunker me,or how did he make that move without me seeing and get a side shot. Its just causes a different usally entertaining reaction.

rkjunior303
01-11-2005, 09:54 AM
why front, either way? I'm not going to act a certain way just to get a response. I'll let my playing do the talking, not how I dress -- even if I'm trying to 'dupe' anyone.

Glad to hear it worked for you but I'm sorry, but I just like being myself.

tdogreb
01-11-2005, 10:38 AM
It is funny though, I don't even own a jersey or paintball pants, and i've been playing since87. I wear camo pants and either a t-shirt or camo shirt,and when teams start getting picked, all the guys wearing jersys get picked first,but by the third or forth game , experince starts getting picked over flash.

SteelSoul
01-11-2005, 01:06 PM
It is funny though, I don't even own a jersey or paintball pants, and i've been playing since87. I wear camo pants and either a t-shirt or camo shirt,and when teams start getting picked, all the guys wearing jersys get picked first,but by the third or forth game , experince starts getting picked over flash.

I agree with you 100%. My gear is a blk tshirt and some ol shorts. Its funny when you hear the other team talking about the ol guy with the Blk shirt and Hey what kind of marker is that?
You should of seen the kids eyes when I walked onto the Hyperball field with my Sherdian pump with a full wooden stock , it was kewl I shot 12 rounds hit 2 and got barrel tag at the 50
:shooting:

xXHavokXx
01-11-2005, 01:09 PM
My Leopard Print angel gives it all away

NIghtStalker001
01-11-2005, 01:10 PM
My Leopard Print angel gives it all away

Somtimes you have to pull out the backup mag and do it oldschool style.

Lohman446
01-11-2005, 01:16 PM
LOL... I do this often, the last one on one I played in I showed up in new denim jeans and a blue button down shirt - I was called the "office depot guy". Noone seemed to notice my Dye cleats or the Shocker I pulled out. The first game everyone started taking me seriously when I hit the snake... crawled down it, and surprised my opponent who had no idea where I had gone off the break.

I play more often in demin and a t-shirt (jersey when required) than I do with my C4 gear... its just more comfortable. Besides.. I do it to "stand out" in the tourney crowd I hang with, so I guess its a fashion statement as much as Dye gear is.

Edit: PS: Dye pants make excellent skiing pants.

xXHavokXx
01-11-2005, 01:32 PM
Somtimes you have to pull out the backup mag and do it oldschool style.

My backup is another fly. Still doesnt work

Miscue
01-11-2005, 01:42 PM
I play paintball pretty regular and one of my favorite things to do is to go on the field looking like a newbie. With everyone concerned how they look ,how much there marker is worth and all the hype,me and my brother love going to local fields looking like we dont know what were doing.
With a t shirst on and blue jeans the players that are concerned with looks,look at you like you suck. There is no greater satisfaction for me then taking out peole that underestimate us because how we look.If you havnt tried it,please do.you actually get more respect looking like you dont have a clue and taking people out,then to show up in full gear and getting smoked by someone wearing sweats. Its funny and fun.
we actually showed up to a tournament wearing sweats and a camo jersy and took 1st. It was only a local three man with only about 10 teams playing but the look on there faces when we entered was that of disgust,but when it was said and done I think we changed alot of peoples opinons on looks

I've done that before. I can't understand why there is so much attention to what gear you have and what you are wearing... PB players are like a bunch of women, seriously.

Deep Sixx
01-11-2005, 02:04 PM
I've done that before. I can't understand why there is so much attention to what gear you have and what you are wearing... PB players are like a bunch of women, seriously.

No way... they're 100 times worse. With PB players, that's ALL that matters. It's not about skill or quality, it's all about looks.

sixx

NIghtStalker001
01-11-2005, 02:14 PM
The reason why I like doing this is that I relize for most players it is about the looks,so if you flip it on em hopfully they will walk away with a diferent attitude like gheez I guess all this money on looks dosent really help my game,because some guy that looks like a newbie just smoked me.

Bear_Claw
01-11-2005, 08:37 PM
Hmm i dont even own ANY Paintball labeled clothing and sutch and NEVER have (Probl never will). I been playing PB for 3 years and up till last month ONLY played with Tippmanns. You want to see shock, Go in Jeans a t-shirt and a LIGHTLY moded Tippmann Pro/Carbine as your Speedbal gun WITH NO PACK (Just got my first two pod pack last month).

phantomhitman
01-11-2005, 08:39 PM
No way... they're 100 times worse. With PB players, that's ALL that matters. It's not about skill or quality, it's all about looks.

sixx

dangit!!! i guess i have to take my dye c5 stuff back again!! they said it wold help my skill. :rolleyes:
i completely understand this post, i have never tried to look like a sleeper adn then wow everyone at the field but i understand why some people would do that. some people like to wear the new gear, even if they suck, what is wrong with that? some people are too caught up in it while other like teh extra protection.....

Conversekidz
01-11-2005, 08:44 PM
played one time at a local field, saw a group of guys come out and play, there where 4 of them and all of them had talons. Everyone laughed at them, and we played a first game. 2nd game comes around and all of them bust out new angels. Lets just say they had some flashy guns but they still sucked at playing ball, theyshouldhave stuck with the talons :rofl:

Ranger
01-11-2005, 08:47 PM
I've never dressed different to look like a noob, but one time some kids wouldn't play me and my friend in speedball, so when they were within hearing distance, I would ask people how to turn my hopper on and stuff. After hearing this for awhile they agreed to play, thinking they would smoke us "newbies".

Man was that a fun game. :dance:

tdogreb
01-11-2005, 08:55 PM
don't get me wrong, I like the look of the new gear. My son wears some. I just find it funny that people judge playing skill to the kind of shirt somebody has on.

MisterBones25
01-11-2005, 08:58 PM
i know what you mean. when i was without a gun for a while i used to go to the indoor feild and rent a mongoose and dress in shorts and a t-shirt. i turned some seriouse heads when i riped the agg kids to pecies in the first minut of the game. but now i just where jeans or cammo pants, and MABY my 2000 jt premere depending on how hot it is. (worst spelling ever)

tyrion2323
01-11-2005, 09:05 PM
:rolleyes:

GT
01-11-2005, 09:31 PM
doesnt matter what you wear, show up with a mag, istant noob status!

Edit: You know what is ironic about this thread? You are the same guys that would tell me that Mechs are dying and you have to have the lastest software on your turbo agg 200 to be competitave.

JRingold
01-11-2005, 09:50 PM
I've seen it from the other side. People pulled out the phantoms and smoked everyone.

-Tab
01-11-2005, 10:08 PM
my friend's brother's team was planning on doing something like this:

there was a 7-man tourney comin' up - now, these guys are super good

they were going to wear their gear under camo pants, wear cheap masks, and shoot 98's with VL 200 and co2 tanks

they planned on saying that they don't play much - just them in the woods once in a while.

they were going to play a game like that, and then take off the camo, put on there v-force, and break out their dm4's and own everyone there.

urbansix
01-11-2005, 11:35 PM
I usually split the difference between newb and ye-olde-tymer by wearing sneakers, camo pants (tiger) and a black t shirt for walkons, to keep them guessing. But when it comes to scenario its no-holds-barred camo. And not just woodland or realtree, but obscure Eastern European or former Soviet bloc stuff. Scenario agg. ;)

urbansix
01-11-2005, 11:40 PM

I once was at a field with a piranha E-force - and the ref told me " you've got the "fast" gun, go for the flank!!" must have been a slow/birthday party day at the rec field.....
:p

Snertz
01-11-2005, 11:41 PM
Man it seems like everyone wears jeans or something.

I rock out with my snowpants! Thats right, lift ticket still on it and all!

Pretty funny to run through the field like that, but people at my field know me too well now. I could show up in a clown suit and still be feared right off the bat. haha :ninja: such silly people in my area :D

If you're looking for a real rush, try playing Xball with a PGP! I tried that and lemme tell you, its pretty scary esp when everyone else is running full auto with 10 pods on their back. :wow:

wanna-b-ballin'
01-11-2005, 11:49 PM
i used to do that, in speedball i would wear camo pants and a t-shirt. but nobody really payed attention to me and thus never realized that i was the one schooling them and takin them home, and then back to school again. i always wanted a jersey, so maybe people would realize i was there and actually pay attention to me. i got a DYE jersey for christmas, so i hope people start to notice me, hopefully a sponser, hint hint.

firebanex
01-12-2005, 01:50 AM
I don't match at all so people look at me funny.
Yellow profiler, blue jersey, black jt pants w/ red knee reinforcement stuff, and a VSC phantom. and a wrist band with 4 tubes and 12ie in it... yes i look funny

up here I know every one who plays speedball (hint not many) so if any body shows up in camo i know that they play woodball and may not do so hot in the first few games.

I don't care what you look like as long as you shoot lots of paint to keep it cheap for us pump players ;)

phantomhitman
01-12-2005, 07:10 AM

Edit: You know what is ironic about this thread? You are the same guys that would tell me that Mechs are dying and you have to have the lastest software on your turbo agg 200 to be competitave.

ppfff, turbo agg 200?! i have a turbo agg 300 with ramping chip installed already. it helps when i a wear my bouncy c5 gear that way i have no skill involved, i just stand out in the open and lane people without even looking. :rolleyes:

people have to drop the idea that all fast guns compensate for the lack of accuracy or skill. if you can snap good with a 10 bps marker, then why not snap better with a 30 bps marker? :shooting:

Wheelman
01-12-2005, 11:05 AM
Doesn't matter what I wear, anyone who has ever seen me play knows how bad I suck anyway, why make it worse :tard:

TRFootball54
02-16-2005, 03:47 PM
black underarmour for me... it freaks people out to see this no-pain-feeling maniac charging across the field with an apparent total lack for his survival... just a thirst for blood...

carryin his automag....

VTpaintballer
02-16-2005, 04:03 PM
Ya thats fun but the thing is i don't have a choice i'm to poor to buy stuff hahah

UTDragun
02-18-2005, 10:21 PM
all that you have said in this thread can be applied to cars
i love stomping ricers in my caddy :nono:

Twistlock
02-19-2005, 01:11 AM
Nothing uncooler than an Emag. I always get picked last, if they don't know me.(I'm one of the better players in my area.) It's great because people hate getting shot from a guy with an Emag. Its on par with getting shot by the cammo guy. I think.

TWISTLOCK

Getting shot by my 68Classic hurts them even more.

Glickman
02-19-2005, 02:24 AM
guilty as charged :rolleyes:

i like my dye pants, so i wear those, but recently ive just been wearing a tshirt, i dont know why, but ive been having more fun this way.

hopefully my new Ion will add to my wardrobe :D

bornl33t
02-19-2005, 03:13 AM
I don't match at all so people look at me funny.
Yellow profiler, blue jersey, black jt pants w/ red knee reinforcement stuff, and a VSC phantom. and a wrist band with 4 tubes and 12ie in it... yes i look funny

up here I know every one who plays speedball (hint not many) so if any body shows up in camo i know that they play woodball and may not do so hot in the first few games.

I don't care what you look like as long as you shoot lots of paint to keep it cheap for us pump players ;)

LOL when I read the title post I KNEW I was going to see a vsc in here. I use a camo vsc with a camo renegade shirt and a khaki pants. Last time I went this guy asked me if I've played much and I said "once this year". He asked if I wanted to borrow his backup gun. And then told me I should get a grenade or something and I just smiled and acted interested. He showed me his intimidator and told me why I needed to upgrade and when I came back off the field he goes "you've played more then once, haven't you?" kekekeke

UTDragun
02-19-2005, 10:33 AM
mmmm mmmm
i love the smell of premium gas exhaust out of my American made V8 in the morning

dave p
02-19-2005, 04:05 PM
ive been playing since late 97. my garb hasnt changed the whole time. i play with a minimag, hitop skull vans, usually a longsleeve independant trucks shirt and some desert camo pants my buddy brought me back from egypt. i thoroughly enjoy myself everytime i play. i primarily play speedball at indoor fields.

RoamingStorm
02-19-2005, 04:13 PM
the problem is i do that, except i go in jeans and a jt jersey, but the issue is i do suck, so there is no way to underestimate me, i just need some roofers knee pads which i can pick up at a farm & fleet for like 10 bucks :clap: instead of spending 40 on a pair of dye pants, but i have taken out a couple of angels, and really expensive guns, and they look like man how did he do that, the issue is then they say i cheated. but they cant explain exactly how i cheated, so i get a warning, its humurous

mercury
02-19-2005, 05:25 PM

Likewise, I love beating V8's and such with my four cylinder Prelude. ;)

:cheers:

slade
02-19-2005, 06:34 PM
Edit: PS: Dye pants make excellent skiing pants.
you trying to kill me or something? dye pants are vented.

don't get me wrong, I like the look of the new gear. My son wears some. I just find it funny that people judge playing skill to the kind of shirt somebody has on.
they do that because its logical. generally the more experience someone has, the better gear they have. when i go to the field, there is usually an assortment of people with different ranges of gear and jerseys, and usually the better players are the ones with jerseys and $1000 markers. at the last tourney i went to, there was one team dressed in jeans, t-shirts, and shooting spyders. the other team ran through them in about 20 seconds. of course there are exceptions, like the kid with the rental who bunkers half the other team, but generally equipment is a fairly good measure of playing skill. unfortunately, the players with expensive equipment often tend to cheat more... today when i was low on paint i one-balled someone and they called themselves out. the next game, i ran to the 50 off the break, had a clear view of a tourny player (jersey, full pack, dm4, etc), and shot at least half a dozen rounds at him and he wiped them all off. i saw him go behind the bunker and wipe, then come out again and shoot at me. i emptied the rest of my paint at him and he wiped again.

back on the topic, personally i have to agree with what RK said.

SOAD8789
02-20-2005, 05:57 PM
hell, i dont know who most the people are when i play, so i just choose by their gear, hoping that i'll have a good team..

i wear my 04 proto pants with a white champion t-shirt every time i play. i dont look all that agg....

Alpha
02-20-2005, 06:04 PM
You know you inspired me.. I might wear camo to my local speedball field next time and play half of the day in that.

kurama
02-20-2005, 06:19 PM
I took an old shirt and a sharpie and drew a Dye C4 jersie on it once. It was quite fun. On the back, it says "BUNKER ME PLEASE!" and "I got this c4 for 10$. Score!" I get some strange looks, but its fun.

onedude36
02-20-2005, 10:12 PM
^^^^^
thats good stuff :)
i cant really do that because i dress like that all the time. and im not that great either. :bounce:

UTDragun
02-21-2005, 12:04 AM
Likewise, I love beating V8's and such with my four cylinder Prelude. ;)

:cheers:
but mine is stock
:rofl: