PDA

View Full Version : Nirvana: With The Lights Out <Boxed Set>

Thordic
01-11-2005, 09:57 AM
Has anyone else picked this up?

You kinda have to be a real Nivana fan to appreciate this set. Most of the tracks are completely unfinished, and as a whole theres a very raw sound. A lot of these were recorded when Nirvana had just started off, and they were done on cheap equipment. Or they were deemed not good enough for release (yet) and set aside.

So its not the same "quality" as a studio album by far, but its still full of damn good music that otherwise would have been lost.

IMO this boxed set is a must-buy for any real fan.

If you are a youngin and never really listened to much Nirvana before, go buy the Live in New York CD.

quik
01-11-2005, 10:05 AM
When I was in Japan, Mayo had this. I gave some listen, and as much as I dont really care for Nirvana, it was interesting to hear the old old stuff though. Im gay for Dave though so I love to listen to any of his work.

Kinda pricey though :(

Thordic
01-11-2005, 10:09 AM
Kinda pricey though :(

Its under $50 for 3 CDs and a DVD. Thats not bad at all.

quik
01-11-2005, 10:15 AM
Oh, it was over 100$ in japan.

Nevermind, cheap here!

rkjunior303
01-11-2005, 10:16 AM
I haven't picked it up but I've listened to a decent amount of it -- real solid for any Nirvana fan... And I agree... Unplugged Live in New York is an incredible disc. It never leaves the rotation of cds in my car.

Rob218
01-11-2005, 05:11 PM
I got it for my dad/myself for Christmas. He's had it going almost all the time since...Definately a must have for the Nirvana Fan.

DaveEllis
01-11-2005, 06:47 PM
I'm just not impressed, I refuse to appreciate the CD because most of the CD sounds like it was recorded through a Tape player, and I found nothing that impressed me, there were a few good tracks, but other than that.

Although I will agree Live in New York is fantastic.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
01-11-2005, 06:50 PM
I returned it and bought DVD's.

nuff said.

tsc
01-12-2005, 02:04 AM
I have it. I love it. they had 2+ shelves full at bestbuy when no one else had them. Yay!

-=Squid=-
01-12-2005, 08:22 AM
My guitar player bought this and said it was pretty cool. I personally think Nirvana is a somewhat overrated band, so I won't buy it, but i'm definitely gonna go over there and watch it.

rkjunior303
01-12-2005, 10:43 AM
My guitar player bought this and said it was pretty cool. I personally think Nirvana is a somewhat overrated band, so I won't buy it, but i'm definitely gonna go over there and watch it.

overrated? they definitely were to first really pioneer that seatle-grunge sound and become popular for it........I <3 them.

-=Squid=-
01-12-2005, 11:10 AM
overrated? they definitely were to first really pioneer that seatle-grunge sound and become popular for it........I <3 them.
I don't disrespect what they have done, nor do I dislike them, I just think that musically they are much to highly acclaimed.

quik
01-12-2005, 11:31 AM
Dave Grohl was/is talented, the other 2 were not.

-=Squid=-
01-12-2005, 11:52 AM
Dave Grohl was/is talented, the other 2 were not.
Agreed.