PDA

View Full Version : ACE Prototype Test at CCPB

the123
11-11-2001, 03:32 AM
It's 8pm and I sit down to the computer to check the forums.
I see this post: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16320 So already an hour late, I toss my stuff in the truck and speed off about 60 or so miles down to CCPB to play. I'm glad I did! I had the honor this evening of getting to test the new E-Mag Extreme with ACE for a couple of games. I have nothing but good things to say about how well it worked.
First test with the vertical feed module was with a rev without batteries to simulate the worst case scenario by out shooting the hopper every few balls. Worked flawless. Next with batteries, it was pure pleasure to shoot. The superbolt and lightness of the body makes for a totally different feel of a standard e-mag. I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate the almost 0 recoil the marker has.
No chops even when TRYING. I was tilting the gun sideways BEGGING the gun to chop by shaking it and it wouldn't.
And last I also got to shoot the lovely blue lady catcher the AGDJon was holding in all those picts with a HALO attached!!!
I must say I feel quite special right about now.
Thanks Tom and Thumbs Way Up on the ACE!
Brian

AGD
11-11-2001, 03:45 AM
Yep, say goodbye to Mr Chop!! The first game the two tone paint was triggering the sensor at different positions so that needed fine tuning. Most eyes have trouble with high contrast two tone shells. In this case it was orange and white that had problems. In the shop we shot green and blue with no problems. I switched to all grey for the last games and had no problems.

Remember this was with NO BATTERIES in the hopper. It constantly jammed, ran dry and needed to be shaken back to life.

Goodbye Mr Chop, can't say it's been nice knowin ya and don't let the door hit you on the way out....

AGD

Tunaman
11-11-2001, 05:07 AM
"Goodbye Mr Chop, can't say it's been nice knowin ya and don't let the door hit you on the way out....

AGD"

Coming from the Man himself, I must say this is the sweetest thing I have ever heard! Good work Tom!:D :D :D :D

Prezents
11-11-2001, 07:16 AM
Amen Brother

AGD
11-12-2001, 02:24 AM
giving this an up so people see it. AGD

DarkPhoenix
11-12-2001, 04:35 AM
geeze, been gone a couple of weeks and I feel that I am behind the times already. Could anyone please explain how this has come to fruition?

Dragoon
11-12-2001, 06:16 AM
Great news!

I've always said that few things can ruin a good game as fast as a chopped ball.

So I've sold my Emag in order to pick-up an SFL or extreme with the ACE. So where do I sign-up for one?!

It's also good to hear about the 0 recoil with the new bolt.

I love the fact that we seem to be in a revolutionary spurt at the moment. So much new stuff to think about and look forward to. My playing will only get better because of all these new toys. Not because they make me a better player, they just don't hamper me and allow me to play up to my full potential.

Keep shaking things up AGD!

Douglas.

ah137
11-12-2001, 08:19 AM
If I upgrade to the modular body, Could I also put an ACE in it. Or will I have to buy a new board to. Or can AGD just flash my board with a new version. Thanks Hills

See everyone soon, at the class/tour!!!

cphilip
11-12-2001, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by ah137
If I upgrade to the modular body, Could I also put an ACE in it. Or will I have to buy a new board to. Or can AGD just flash my board with a new version. Thanks Hills

See everyone soon, at the class/tour!!!

Me too wanna know this!

Dubstar112
11-12-2001, 10:31 AM
will this system ACE work with warpfeed?... im confused about this..

Scorch
11-12-2001, 10:46 AM
Someone asked me how I could be a 'Mag shooter at heart and not shoot a 'mag.

I have been waiting for a technology step by AGD. I am very happy to see that this wait may be coming to an end. :D ACE... low recoil... reduced cycling weight... reduced weight... Thank you!

Show me +/-1 sustainable consistency at 285fps and I'm back like Fat man at McDonald's! and I have fat friends! :)

Scorch

AGD
11-12-2001, 11:03 AM
The ACE system is contained in the modular body so if you upgrade to the body later you can get the ACE too!!

AGD

deded
11-13-2001, 01:37 AM
Now there is no way I am not getting an Emag... as soon as they come out with the ACE (and I get some money together) I'm gettin' one of them.

Plastic nubbins + warp + ACE = no squegee needed on the field?

I always lose mine anyway. ;)

slateman
11-13-2001, 07:19 AM
deded: That's funny, I just lost mine on Sun.... at the field!!

I hate to ask this but... How much is an E-mag with ACE gonna cost?

the123
11-13-2001, 07:44 AM
I believe Tom said it was going to be about $150 more than a standard e-mag. Some people might say, "holy cow! that much!"
I say, "whats a squeegie?"
I'd pay the extra few dollars.
Brian

Bartleby
11-13-2001, 07:48 AM
i wouldn't completely eliminate the idea of a squeegie just yet. you can still break a ball in the barrel, you might not chop one but you could still break one. :D

Scorch
11-13-2001, 12:55 PM
But I've seen an Intimmy chop! And paint could still burst in the barrel. Like AGD said in tip#4... paint is getting unreasonably brittle.

Always have a squeegie :)

Scorch

ben_JD
11-13-2001, 01:05 PM
Is the trap door feed expected to debut along with the new ACE, or is that still down the road?

MajorDamage
11-13-2001, 01:43 PM
Oh dang it :(, now I have to get an E-Mag Extreme! But why no mag barrels? Well I suppose its a freak for me!

ENDO!

Dragoon
11-13-2001, 01:47 PM
I'm with Ben!!

How long will I have to wait for the trap-door feed. Knowing would make the wait a little more bearable
:cool:

zads27
11-13-2001, 04:28 PM
Just wondering, if the anti-chop software doesn't let the solenoid activate when it doesn't detect a ball, will the ace e-mag send a warp/intellifeed spin pulse still?

rudy
11-13-2001, 04:44 PM
how do you adjust it? I think it woud be best if the eye had 2 sensors so it just detects presence of an object rather then deal with adjusting it to paint. I think people would pay more too.

Manuel_FZR
11-13-2001, 05:25 PM
This would be my marker: SFL-EMag, TrapDoorFeed with ACE, Warp, Flatline 4500psi.
Hopefully this dream could come true one day :rolleyes:

AGD
11-13-2001, 05:34 PM
The sensor is adjustable but we are working on special ruby optics to reduce or hopefully eliminate the need for much adjustment.

Trap door is still on deck but not a front runner. When we do the trap door it will be a module so you can just pop it on your Extreme (cool huh?). So get the Extreme now and the TD when it comes out.

The current setup will not send a pulse to the warp if the solenoid is not fired. The problem is the solenoid and the warp output are running off the same signal. To overcome the problem setup your warp to run on vibration TOO. That way it still works fine in manual mode without any battery. That is the hot tourney setup. See, we think of everthing.

We are going to be looking hard into the barrel break problem. We have a lot of things we can play with to try and get it to shoot super brittle paint. I am warning you that it will likely come with an efficiency penalty just like the LP guns.

AGD

Drewboy_34
11-13-2001, 06:04 PM
will the a.c.e work with a regular automag or will it just work on an Emag??

ben_JD
11-13-2001, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Drewboy_34
will the a.c.e work with a regular automag or will it just work on an Emag??

Just the E-Mag.

Since the Automag isn't using ANY electronics, there would be no electrical impulse for the ACE to intercept (to over-simplify the procedure) to prevent the firing sequence.