PDA

View Full Version : My Best Mag Ever!

Sk8ermog
01-11-2005, 03:16 PM
I am almost finish building my dream mag, but I couldn't wait to show it off. Take a look:

Stage 1: Yucky body, rail and valve, but nice hyperframe.
http://www.rossgunniv.com/PaintballCollection/vertfeed1.jpg

Stage 2: Getting closer...
http://www.rossgunniv.com/PaintballCollection/hypermag.jpg

Stage 3: Custom ULE Rail and 15degree ASA made by Luke (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=155104)
http://www.rossgunniv.com/PaintballCollection/Jangear/hypermag1.jpg

Stage 4: 20bps board, custom grips by Luke, Rogue Clamping feedneck, and ULT
Coming Soon!

Now I was going to go all the way and get a Devil Mag setup with eyes and everything, but then I thought... I don't need to shoot more then 20bps and I like my hyperframe just the way it is, but it could use a little more speed so I'm going with the Centerflag board.

I have to say this is the most compact, lightest, most beautiful mag I have every had and I've had a few in my day. (Check out my Collection link in my sig). I have to say that the work Luke did on the rail and vert ASA are amazing. He milled an RT rail for me that I'm thinking about installing on this gun, but I havent decided. Take a look and tell me what you think:

http://www.rossgunniv.com/PaintballCollection/Decparts/milledrtrail.jpg
or the current rail:
http://www.rossgunniv.com/PaintballCollection/Decparts/milledrailandasa.jpg

To use the RT rail I'd have to have the hyperframe's wings milled down and the 15degree ASA doesn't fit as nicely as on the classic AM ULE milled one. So many choices... hmmmm...

68magOwner
01-11-2005, 03:24 PM
thats awesome, and both rails are hot

luke
01-11-2005, 03:27 PM
If you end up going with a Intel Frame ;) you're reversed ASA probably won't work.

Sk8ermog
01-11-2005, 03:32 PM
yeah already tried it. I was really happy to find that it went the other way so easly. I originally wanted it to stick out, but when I put it on backwards it just looked so nice. Thanks again for all your hard work. I love the rails. Think you can mill down the wings on my hyperframe to make it work on the RT rail? You can take a look at it when I send you the other hyperframe for fitting of the grips. Should be mailing it soon. Thanks.

luke
01-11-2005, 03:39 PM
Think you can mill down the wings on my hyperframe to make it work on the RT rail?

Shouldn't be a problem. :)

You can take a look at it when I send you the other hyperframe for fitting of the grips. Should be mailing it soon.

:cool: I can't wait, I'm looking forward to this project. :headbang:

Chronobreak
01-11-2005, 05:00 PM
sk8 you have all those mags?
you have owned ALOT of mags and tippy man..ALOT

hey for the left p/f micro how did you warp it? did you make an adapter or flip the feed? did it need any mod? im thinking about purchasing one but i dont see how to warp it...

http://www.rossgunniv.com/PaintballCollection/warpmicro1.jpg

thanks

and the gun is looking awesome

JoshK
01-11-2005, 05:24 PM
i believe he reversed the power feed...but dont quote me...plus luke...i love the look of your stuff...im planning on eventually doing buisness with you...

Mr. Mouse
01-11-2005, 06:06 PM
whered you get that trigger for the hyperframe? what kind of board and stuff do you have? i love the mag :) im building a hypermag my self and ill show it when im done

JoshK
01-11-2005, 06:08 PM
he has a 13 bps board...i think he just put a aftermarket trigger in it...and if you want to buy my hyperframe i have one for sale :)

Mr. Mouse
01-11-2005, 06:15 PM
already have on its in the mail comming.. hopefully :)

hAppy
01-11-2005, 07:19 PM
Hands down one of the more unique mags on this forum. Very nice !

Rather
01-11-2005, 07:26 PM
So thats what you did with the RT rail. Very nice. :D

Sk8ermog
01-11-2005, 07:46 PM
Thanks PAINTBALLNEWBIE for covering the questions for me. Yeah on that micro I just rotated the feedneck. The pressure from the warp tubing kept it in place without me needing to screw or tap anything. Worked great and kind of miss it since I can't seem to find another right feed micromag body. If you find one then you should grab it.

The trigger on the hyperframe is acutally the original trigger just sanded/milled down and then powdercoated black. The current board is a 13bps, but I'm going to change that soon.

Thanks hAppy, that's what I was going for. Once everything is done then I'll submit it into the Gun of the Month thread.

Yeah Rather, thats why I wanted the rail. Turned out really nice and I can't wait to get it on one of my guns. Thanks again for selling it so cheap.

The Action Figure
01-11-2005, 08:17 PM
so how long till its sold :confused: ;)

JoshK
01-11-2005, 08:26 PM
so how long till its sold :confused: ;)

LOL!!!! Knowing Sk8....not long.

xballfan780
01-11-2005, 09:01 PM
What kinda loader are you gonna use? Warps halo B's are nice :clap:

FireITup14
01-11-2005, 10:00 PM
thats pretty hot id like to grap a hyperframe when i get some money. how much does it cost to get one milled for an rt rail? and how is the trigger on the frame like after a new switch and board compared to a spyder eframe? does it have stops? i dont know much how they perform.

RetroEclipseMan
01-11-2005, 10:57 PM
I must say, that rtp rail is the nicest aftermarket rail I've seen, props to Luke man. Definately beats out all the other ones that are out.

kramer
01-12-2005, 12:29 AM
mad kudos to you dude - I still miss my chord hypermag sometimes - hey, put the predator board with breakbeams dude! that would be the shiznet.................I mean - you went this far......why not?????

DO IT

LOL

well done - gonna do some tourneys with that baby?

SpecialBlend2786
01-12-2005, 01:24 AM
i'm lovin both rails

Sk8ermog
01-12-2005, 02:08 AM
thanks guys. Yeah I'm loveing both rails too. Maybe I will just have to build 2 really nice mags and then use them both. My team is in the finals this Thursday so I'm either going to use this hypermag like I have for all the other games or I might use the Freestyle I just got. As for selling this I can't see myself getting rid of it anytime soon. I am trully satisfied with this gun and I think that's the first time I have ever felt this way. I've gone through a lot of guns and I finally feel that this one has everything I really want or need in a gun. I think by putting a Pred. board and eyes on it would just make it worse cause then I would think too hard about how much I put into it and not want to use it. I spent just the right amount of money on this gun for me to feel that I can take it to the field and really play with it. Does that make sense?

Oh and I have a Halo B for it once I get the Rogue feedneck and 20bps board upgrade. I'm currently looking for a 20bps board and I'd be willing to buy a full hyperframe with one if needed. If anyone sees one then let me know. Might just send it to Centerflag to get a warrenty and have them tune it.

Sk8ermog
01-17-2005, 03:55 AM
Well I got the ULT installed and it's ripping so great now. I almost outshot my 12volt rev, but I think that's cause the batteries are low. I hit 13bps like it was nothing and it was so steady and effortless. I contacted centerflag on getting a 20bps board installed on the frame, but I haven't heard back from them. I'm still looking for a clamping feedneck so my halo will fit and Luke is going to custom build some grip pannels for me. Once I get it all done I'm going to shoot a hopper through it and then shoot a hopper through my Freestyle to see if I notice any real differences. I'll post updates later.

maglover728
01-17-2005, 04:53 AM
Sk8er, Can't wait till the 5th. "Where does he get these wonderfull toys?" and will you be bringing many of them with you to WA?

barrel break
01-17-2005, 08:46 PM
Well, I was looking forward to seeing that beast in person, but it looks like I wont be able to :(

have fun!

Sk8ermog
01-18-2005, 03:59 AM
well we'll miss you up at the AO day. Hopefully you can come down to Portland Paintball again and we can play. We just re-sanded the field so it's really nice. Once I get the 20bps board in it then I'll be able to almost keep up with my Freestyle. I did play with it today and the reg started leaking so my shots wouldn't go over 200fps. I just need to replace the oring in the reg and I'll be golden.