PDA

View Full Version : Sleep

Lohman446
01-11-2005, 06:47 PM
Ok... I've tried everything I can think of short of going to a doctor... I don't like going to doctors, so now I'm turning to a group of strangers for medical advice :tard: .

Ok.. I know its not too bright, but there are some very intelligent people around here with various experience and expertise.

I have not slept well for more than one night at a time in about a month or so... I have been having really really screwed up dreams that I can only remember portions of.

By not well I mean I am normally consciously awake more than six times a night, often much more. This happens the majority of nights - about 90% from what I can remember.

Its getting annoying, its effecting me at work, and everywhere else I'm sure. I have tried varying my sleep schedule anywhere from six to ten hours a night with little to no effect. I have tried not eating, drinking before going to bed to avoid anything there that might be causing it. I have cut out caffeine and most sugar from my diet...

Im open for suggestions - something to change to sleep better, something to take to be more awake during the day.

Ideas... any?

Python14
01-11-2005, 07:05 PM
Join Fight Club

oneworld
01-11-2005, 07:11 PM
simply sleep..

a drug(natural).. that takes an hour... and after that hour.. you could sleep through most any thing
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stuff rox. ;)

quik
01-11-2005, 07:11 PM
Join Fight Club

Hehehe.

What kind of food do you eat? Sometimes your diet can affect your sleeping habits. Maybe stress?(arg I sound like a doctor).

I used to have very bad insomnia-like symptoms, but I cured it by eating correctly and laying off the entertainment at night(TV/Computer).

You could always try sleeping pills, but those are easily addicting.

BD_Paintball
01-11-2005, 07:12 PM
sleeping pills or a drink of NyQuil. the NyQuil helps me sleep when im sick.

spantol
01-11-2005, 07:29 PM
I'm not big on doctors, either. Ambien (and similar drugs) can be bought online. You'll just need to fill out a form with your medical history. A doctor (somewhere) will look it over to check for potential drug interactions, and if it looks good, they'll approve the prescription, which will then be shipped to you.

Keep in mind, though, that this is remarkably stupid, and just might kill you. Personally, I'm okay with the risk, but your mileage may vary.

RogueFactoryKid
01-11-2005, 07:32 PM
Workout until you passout. Or you could always just hold your breath until you passout :p

oneworld
01-11-2005, 07:34 PM
Workout until you passout. Or you could always just hold your breath until you passout :p

I LIKE HIS IDIEA! :hail:

dj89
01-11-2005, 07:36 PM
Get that bed. I can't remeber the name tho. You know the NASA one.............

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
01-11-2005, 07:38 PM
Tempurpedic

teufelhunden
01-11-2005, 07:40 PM
Try lying in bed reading or something for a little bit before you try to go to sleep. I've always found that keeping a routine allows my body to realize it's time to sleep and to chill out, leading to better sleep.

Or you could control the atmosphere in your room and drop the amount of oxygen in the air to a point just above where brain damage sets in, should keep you good and asleep since you won't have enough oxygen to sustain being awake ;)

WenULiVeUdiE
01-11-2005, 07:54 PM
Before this started happening, what would you do before bed? Read? Listen to music?

I know that if I do not liten to my CD player before I go to bed, I cant sleep. It takes well over an hour to fall asleep and I wake up 30 min.-1 hour early.

Lohman446
01-11-2005, 08:14 PM
I'm not big on doctors, either. Ambien (and similar drugs) can be bought online. You'll just need to fill out a form with your medical history. A doctor (somewhere) will look it over to check for potential drug interactions, and if it looks good, they'll approve the prescription, which will then be shipped to you.

Keep in mind, though, that this is remarkably stupid, and just might kill you. Personally, I'm okay with the risk, but your mileage may vary.

Any sites youd recommend for this, I have been playing with the idea of other things that require a prescription that might boost my energy level

B.A.M.
01-11-2005, 08:21 PM
Try lying in bed reading or something for a little bit before you try to go to sleep. I've always found that keeping a routine allows my body to realize it's time to sleep and to chill out, leading to better sleep.

Or you could control the atmosphere in your room and drop the amount of oxygen in the air to a point just above where brain damage sets in, should keep you good and asleep since you won't have enough oxygen to sustain being awake ;)
I love reading before i go to bed though i usually pass out and find the book all ripped up in the morining :confused:

hitech
01-11-2005, 08:32 PM
Sleep depravation is currently working for me. ;)

Seriously...

1. Stick to a schedule, EVEN ON WEEKENDS.

2. Relax before going to bed.

3. Only use the bed to sleep in. No watching TV in bed.

4. Make sure the room is dark and quite. Both noise and light can easily wake you. You may no realize that's what it was, but it interrupts your sleep. Even if it doesn’t wake you.

If you are having trouble getting to sleep (anything over 20-30 minutes is having trouble) try thinking of somewhere you would like to be. Think of what you do there. It needs to be something that you don’t need to concentrate on. It should be something pleasing, but fairly repetitive (I go sailing). Try not to worry about how long it is taking.

BTW, it should take between 10 and 20-30 minutes to fall asleep. Any longer and you are officially having trouble falling asleep, any less and you aint getting enough sleep.

Hope that helps a little.

OysterBoy
01-11-2005, 08:36 PM
Any sites youd recommend for this, I have been playing with the idea of other things that require a prescription that might boost my energy level

Case of Bawls/energy drink + Pipe of.. Marinol.. = Diving State of Being

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
01-11-2005, 08:38 PM
Does anyone have any like rain sounds, because at time my house is noisy when I go to bed.

And I really find myself at peace when listening to rain/storm/etc.

BlackVCG
01-11-2005, 08:42 PM
Have you tried www.WebMD.com

spantol
01-11-2005, 08:49 PM
Indeed. I've PMed you some info.

B.A.M.
01-11-2005, 08:55 PM
i find when its raining or snowing out it is much easire to go to sleep but when i hear people talking it makes it worse.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
01-11-2005, 08:58 PM
For me it is either pure silence, or some sort of consistent light noise, which helps me sleep,

matmc89
01-11-2005, 09:00 PM
do 3 backflips, hang by your feet 10 min, then run 2 miles..

actually I take 2 benadryl when i cant sleep...you could try that

xballfan780
01-11-2005, 09:05 PM
do you feel tired? Or can you just not get asleep? Try eating then dim the lights and lay down , eating makes me tired. ;)

Linkwarner
01-11-2005, 09:36 PM
I cant sleep either, but my schedule all depends on how much I work, sometimes I dont get home till 2 in the morning. I have to sleep with a fan on, too much damage done to my ears, constant ringing will drive me insane, so a fan for me, try that.

tony3
01-11-2005, 10:18 PM
Man, I fall asleep way to easy, it is like 8:30 and I could fall asleep, loud music usually keeps me awake.

I am the almighty dream teller, explain your dream and I will tell you why you can't sleep.

skife
01-11-2005, 10:51 PM
breath in deep and hold it for 10 seconds, repeat it a couple of times.
you'll feel relaxed and easilly be able to get to sleep.

Bolter
01-12-2005, 09:30 AM
are you active and healthy? If you exercise during the day like we are all supposed to, you will use up some energy and want to go to bed. Push yourself, its good for you. Healthy body, healthy mind.

Lohman446
01-12-2005, 09:32 AM
are you active and healthy? If you exercise during the day like we are all supposed to, you will use up some energy and want to go to bed. Push yourself, its good for you. Healthy body, healthy mind.

My eating habits could be better, but I exercise regularly