PDA

View Full Version : Ult on a classic how would i do it

johnson88
01-12-2005, 10:59 AM
I know the agd site says ur not supposed but i have heard of people doing it how would i do it? what would i need? and how much would it cost (not the ult)?

GodLovesUgly
01-12-2005, 11:23 AM
it works perfectly fine, you have to shim the hell out of it tho, like more than comes with the kit. my brother did it, it's not as light as it is on an x-valve but it's still much much lighter than the normal pull... just buy the ULT kit and some extra shims (or use the ones from the lvl 10) and follow the instructions to tune it. there are also some other threads in this forum that talk about this so do a search for ULT and Classic and you'll get some good info! :shooting:

welcome to AO :headbang:

ilovemags2
01-12-2005, 09:38 PM
I have found 13 shims work on most the classics I have put the ule in. Make sure to oil it up REALLY good. I have found most of the classics had a trigger pull twice as light as those on x valves. I don't know why, thats why my xvalve has become my backup :D

maglover728
01-15-2005, 07:12 AM
I know that it is generally just flat out better to run air, but would CO2 affect the ULT differently that air if you chose to use it instead? Has anyone tried running a Classic valve with the ULT mod on CO2 before?

AGDlover
01-15-2005, 11:34 AM
ya it takes a hella lot of shims and it sometimes is a bad thing because if you do short stroke(its easy with a ULT and classic i'd know) you have to reset the bolt manuly so i personaly wouldnt recomend doing it.