PDA

View Full Version : Need help remembering old cartoon show...

Koosh
01-12-2005, 08:12 PM
I'm sorry in advance for my description...

It was an old cartoon, can't remember if it was a saturday morning, or after school, or what network it was on.

It was set in the future, in space, and featured "army" guys in large mobile suit type (but smaller, and american) exoskeletons that went around blowing things up. I can't remember any of the characters names, or hell, what they even looked like.

I just remember that I really liked the show... I'd say it was early 90's or so.

nippinout
01-12-2005, 08:16 PM
Exosquad.

http://ca.geocities.com/arnabisthebest/cartoons/exosquad2.gif

SpecialBlend2786
01-12-2005, 10:51 PM
i loved that show

Glickman
01-12-2005, 10:54 PM
i loved that show

i cant stand any of that "americamae"

BobTheCow
01-12-2005, 10:59 PM
Not G.I. Joe...?

RevBrown
01-13-2005, 06:22 AM
Ok this will bake a couple of noodles on the subject of old cartoons.

What was the name of Dudley Durights seargent?

And in the Rocky and Bullwinkle show what was Natashas last name?

Heh and to think, this much intellecual stimulation and I am still just a regular guy. :D

SAW
01-13-2005, 06:34 AM
I remember one where they were fighting aliens or "bugs" (a la Starship Troopers). That it?

Muzikman
01-13-2005, 06:44 AM

What was the name of Dudley Durights seargent? - No Idea

And in the Rocky and Bullwinkle show what was Natashas last name? - Fatal ?

Heh and to think, this much intellecual stimulation and I am still just a regular guy. :D

Army
01-13-2005, 06:46 AM

What was the name of Dudley Durights seargent?

And in the Rocky and Bullwinkle show what was Natashas last name?

Do you mean Inspector Fenwick? There was no Sergeant.

Natasha Fatale

RevBrown
01-13-2005, 07:19 AM
Do you mean Inspector Fenwick? There was no Sergeant.

Natasha Fatale

You are going to make me the king of the drunken idiots for this knowledge.

p u r e e v i l
01-13-2005, 12:23 PM
If it was one where they looked like the Master Chief in Halo, then yeah. It was Starship Troopers. It was a 3D show and was rather awesome. This was long before Halo came out, and I'm pretty sure their suit design was based off of it.

PissedGodzilla
01-13-2005, 12:29 PM
no people!!! EXOSQUAD was one of the best written cartoon shows I have ever seen... Main characters died, and you hardly ever see that in a cartoon. The plot was that we in the future genetically enhanced people and called them "Neosapiens"

They decided us regular guys were no longer useful, and started to wipe us out. They were winnign, and the exosquad was part of the last human space fleet fighting the neosapiens..

GREAT STORY!!!!!!!!!!

i loved this cartoon, as you can see. :dance: :headbang: :headbang:

Thordic
01-13-2005, 01:16 PM
Exosquad was pretty damn good.

ShooterJM
01-13-2005, 02:23 PM
Why the heck have I never heard of this "Exosquad" before!?!?!?

Brak
01-13-2005, 02:42 PM
Why the heck have I never heard of this "Exosquad" before!?!?!?

too young? it was on a while ago. i loved exosquad.

but my FAVORITE show i can no longer remember the name of. maybe you guy can help me out here.
it was this guy and his little sister (who was 14 if memory serves me correctly) living in an underground robot base. and they built all sorts of awesome robots and vehicles and stuff to fight a mad scientist (whose name escapes me). i only remember one name from the show, and that was 'lady frenzy' and she was a bad guy.
anyone?

tell me what show had this tagline:

JAWSOME!!!!

LeatherPants
01-13-2005, 02:45 PM
Anyone remember GoBots? And even though I'm not a huge fan of US animation either....MASK was cool!

bjjb99
01-13-2005, 02:52 PM
but my FAVORITE show i can no longer remember the name of. maybe you guy can help me out here.
it was this guy and his little sister (who was 14 if memory serves me correctly) living in an underground robot base. and they built all sorts of awesome robots and vehicles and stuff to fight a mad scientist (whose name escapes me). i only remember one name from the show, and that was 'lady frenzy' and she was a bad guy.
anyone?

That would be The Bots Master.

tell me what show had this tagline:

JAWSOME!!!!

That would be Street Sharks, and I shudder to think I remembered the name.

BJJB

bjjb99
01-13-2005, 02:53 PM
Anyone remember GoBots? And even though I'm not a huge fan of US animation either....MASK was cool!

I believe I still have some old GoBots figures (Leader One, etc.) somewhere in the attic.

BJJB

wyn1370
01-13-2005, 03:05 PM
they're actually starting to release a lot of the obscure 80s cartoons on DVD now. Found COPS, MASK and a few others on amazon.

one of my favorite I can't remember the name of either it was about a bunch of space cowboys. One of the main character's name was Goose and he could transform his body into all kinds of different material, acted very Wolverine-ish. The leader of the good guys had a robotic arm, but that's about all I can remember about him. Anybody wanna name that show?

found it. it was galaxy rangers

cphilip
01-13-2005, 03:09 PM
Whats really bothering me on this thread is the use of the term "old" in conjunction with 80's and 90's cartoons....

THATS NOT OLD!!!!!! :cry: :wow:

Bulldog
01-13-2005, 03:14 PM
Ya...MASK...that was the one with the transam that flew, right? The doors would move up or something.

Muzikman
01-13-2005, 03:31 PM
Whats really bothering me on this thread is the use of the term "old" in conjunction with 80's and 90's cartoons....

THATS NOT OLD!!!!!! :cry: :wow:

Yeah, Phil comes from the Beany and Cecil and UnderDog days:)

Who remembers the Brit cartoon Danger Mouse.

cphilip
01-13-2005, 03:35 PM
I loved Danger Mouse....

But of course Woody Woodpecker. And all the luney Tunes stuff. Now thats cartoons.

wyn1370
01-13-2005, 03:55 PM
Who remembers the Brit cartoon Danger Mouse.
Danger Mouse and his hamster sidekick, from the days when Nickelodeon was actually cool.

Automaggot68
01-13-2005, 03:56 PM
Anyone Remember The Police Academy Cartoons?
I loved Danger Mouse, too. Then again, I used to watch the Bosco Reruns, too... :ninja:
I remember the week that they stopped Showing the Bosco Cartoons on Tv, I was like, WTF NO!

LeatherPants
01-13-2005, 04:12 PM
Ya...MASK...that was the one with the transam that flew, right? The doors would move up or something.

It had the motorcycle that turned in to a helicoptor and the mask that would project illusions, another that was a flame thrower etc...

PissedGodzilla
01-13-2005, 04:13 PM
"It was a golden age for all Man-kind. Using the incredible Exo-skeleton, called E-frames, we had successfully terraformed Venus and Mars and were poised to move on to the outer planets. Suddenly, it all ended! We were pressed into a nightmarish war on a scale previously un-imagined. We were attacked by our own creations, the Neo-sapiens. A race of artificially created humans. Lead by Phaeton, they had seized control of Venus, Earth and Mars.
This is Lieutenant J.T. Marsh, member of the Exo-fleet. Leader of a small band of E-frame pilots, dedicated to freeing humanity from Neosapian rule. We are the Exo-squad!"

ShooterJM
01-13-2005, 04:41 PM
too young?

Nope, I'm 25 :eek:

Must have just missed it somehow.

bjjb99
01-13-2005, 05:29 PM
Danger Mouse and his hamster sidekick, from the days when Nickelodeon was actually cool.

Ah yes, good old Penfold. He was a philatelist, if I recall correctly. 'COR!'

BJJB

Deltree
01-13-2005, 05:38 PM
wow this brings back lots of memories i think i still have the exosquad action figures somewhere

Koosh
01-13-2005, 05:47 PM
they're actually starting to release a lot of the obscure 80s cartoons on DVD now. Found COPS, MASK and a few others on amazon.

That reminds me of another one of my old favorites...

Was COPS the one that had a character named "Long Arm"? Where he could shoot out a grappling hook type thing...

Gah... Damn memory not remembering things...

nastymag
01-13-2005, 07:49 PM
i have JT marshes Eframe, and i also have the Decks i think Eframe ( the green one).

This was a great cartoon , maybe a little cynical but man was it good.
i was downloading episodes a while ago, but i cant find them anymore.

the memories. that was what 11 years ago ? ( i was 8).

RevBrown
01-13-2005, 08:28 PM

Both were great.

Iforget what the bad guys in mask had though.
The good guys had the flying car,the helecopter motorcycle, the big diesal rig, and other stuff.
But I cant think of anything else.

RevBrown
01-13-2005, 08:33 PM
That reminds me of another one of my old favorites...

Was COPS the one that had a character named "Long Arm"? Where he could shoot out a grappling hook type thing...

Gah... Damn memory not remembering things...

Yeah. and other peple did............................................Gah ! don't remember the others om this one either.

LeatherPants
01-13-2005, 08:51 PM
The only bad guy vehicle that i can remember was the motorcycle with the extra seat thing that shot off and turned in to a mini sub.