PDA

View Full Version : Predator II or 4.X? Emag

GT
01-12-2005, 09:00 PM
I have noticed that the classifieds are littered with 4.x-pride e/xmags. Since AGD nor anyone else is suporting emag's software, i was wondering if anyone has predator'd an emag yet?

My only concern is the same issue with 4.x, does HES have the same issues with predator as it does with 4.x? I also noticed that the predator uses a 9volt, can you use wire in the emag battery?

Chronobreak
01-12-2005, 09:09 PM
doesnt GA_devil also do devilmag upgrades to e/x-mags? and i think he uses the pred board..

phantomhitman
01-12-2005, 10:31 PM
pm ga devil first, if he doesnt do it i know someone that does. :cheers:

RogueFactoryKid
01-12-2005, 10:50 PM
You cant use the 9vlt. I asked because i was intrested in buying a board and it turns out there just isnt enough charge to throw that huge solenoid forward.

GT
01-12-2005, 11:10 PM
You cant use the 9vlt. I asked because i was intrested in buying a board and it turns out there just isnt enough charge to throw that huge solenoid forward.

not what I asked, I want to make sure I dont torch my new 160 dollar board with an 18volt battery. Has GA done any emags?

tony3
01-12-2005, 11:14 PM
Logicpaintball.com

If you have any basic electronic knowledge and can use a soldering iron you can do it yourself. The self install kit is 140 from logic. Its 160 on tag though.

REDRT
01-12-2005, 11:31 PM
One of are Emags is currently getting the predator right now. I sent it to Coolhand at Logic. There is a big write up on the dealer forum on this board upgrade. I personaly would rather have working AGD 4.01 software, but the predator offers more. Since no one has the back bone to release the improved 4.02 software the predator is the way to go. There has been some 4.01 for sale recently, but I don't have the cash to snag one. I would if I could though. Mostly to have it, not because it is better.

GT
01-13-2005, 10:24 AM
One of are Emags is currently getting the predator right now. I sent it to Coolhand at Logic. There is a big write up on the dealer forum on this board upgrade. I personaly would rather have working AGD 4.01 software, but the predator offers more. Since no one has the back bone to release the improved 4.02 software the predator is the way to go. There has been some 4.01 for sale recently, but I don't have the cash to snag one. I would if I could though. Mostly to have it, not because it is better.

Thanks red,
I'll check the dealers thread. I am sure I can handle this mod myself given that it is like 5-6 wires. Do you know of coolhand is making a mid harness so that the oem and predator board are hot swappable? PM me with your results after the project is complete.

gt

GA Devil
01-13-2005, 10:27 AM
yes we are doing E and X mags. You do still have to use the stock battery at this point.

athomas
01-13-2005, 04:34 PM
I'll be using a predator morlock in my emag as well as soon as it gets here. I'm planning on putting the eyes on as well. The board does work with the 16.8v of the emag. It has its own voltage regulator onboard. The higher voltage is used to drive the output to solenoid.

Banshee23
01-13-2005, 04:49 PM
BlackVCG can install the Predator Morlocks into an Emag, just got a quote from him to do mine. I had 4.0 on my emag & was very happy with it until I accidently fried the board :mad: I believe Trains are Bad has an emag with the Pred. morlock in it, PM him & see how he likes it. Yes it can take the 18v battery fine, it's rated to handle up to 35v i believe? And the board is more expensive from TAG because they include eyes, wires, & such. Logic just sends you the board & that's it. I would have to believe that it'll either match or outperform the 4.x software based on feedback from other people with predator boards.

Buff
01-13-2005, 06:05 PM
whats wiht the 4.01 software?