PDA

View Full Version : spyware

WicKeD_WaYz
01-13-2005, 02:24 AM
Hey can anyone give me a good free spyware remover. I downloaded a few and they scanned great and all but then when it comes to deleting the spyware I have to pay for it first. I went out and bought the McAfee spyware for like 30 bucks and it didnt find it all, or even close to it all. I dont really wanna pay another 30 for something else to see if it works or not so can anyone help me?

Target Practice
01-13-2005, 03:00 AM
Ad-aware, from Lavasoft. It rocks, it's free, and you won't take off anything important.

PyRo
01-13-2005, 03:08 AM
Return Mcafee.
Go to www.download.com and get spybot and adaware. Then get hijack this, i'm not sure of the URL for it.. Be carefull what you delete though especially with hijack this. it will find things you need so don't just delete the entire list.

fire1811
01-13-2005, 07:38 AM
i run 3 free programs. you can never have to many.

i run
ad-aware
spyblaster
spybot

IMO ad-aware is the best

Mango
01-13-2005, 08:18 AM
Bonzai Buddy http://www.sprayingmango.com/hsugh.gif

Seriously though, as already mentioned in this thread:
Spybot & Hijack this

powerful combination

Ad-aware is also excellent.

Preventative measures, however, are the best answer.

Bolter
01-13-2005, 08:59 AM
There is a new version of ad-aware called ad-aware SE. Make sure you get this version, its also free and very effective. Found things adaware couldnt.

Eric Cartman
01-13-2005, 10:07 AM
My experience is that Spybot and Webroot's Spy Sweeper are both great. I also did the 30 day trail of Giant Anti-Spyware and that's the best I've sen yet. I think i'm going to buy the full version. It actually tells you what each threat is and has no problems with removal at all. I strongly recommend you check that one out.

http://www.giantcompany.com/p_antispyware.htm

I notice that Bill Gates has bought them out now. Hopefully they haven't changed anything.

"The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner" :rofl:

Hexis
01-13-2005, 10:10 AM
MS also has a beta out of their SpyWare tool based on Giant's software.

WicKeD_WaYz
01-13-2005, 06:24 PM
thanks boys

FallNAngel
01-13-2005, 06:27 PM
After you remove all the spyware / adware, download Opera. Has an excellent popup blocker and I've never gotten spyware / adware using it :dance:

SAW
01-13-2005, 06:42 PM
Bonzai Buddy
Actually made me laugh...
I have Adaware + Norton Systemworks. Great combo IMO.