PDA

View Full Version : Okay I am now ready to give up on Hollywood.

lopxtc
01-13-2005, 01:46 PM
Remakes aside ... they are now converting most TV shows to movies. The current line-up for this year;

The Honeymooners
In theaters: Cedric the Entertainer as Ralph Kramden and Mike Epps as his pal Norton.
What to expect: It's an ethnic twist on the classic comedy, but we're holding out for at least one commemorative "Hamina, hamina, hamina!"
In theaters: Spring 2005

Bewitched
Stars: Nicole Kidman as Samantha, Will Ferrell as hubby Darrin and Shirley MacLaine as Endora.
What to expect: Utter zaniness when a real nose-twitching witch is hired to play Samantha in a movie adaptation of Bewitched. It's a show within a movie about a show (got that?) in Nora Ephron's take on the hit series.
In theaters: July 8, 2005

The Dukes of Hazzard
Stars: Seann William Scott and Johnny Knoxville as Bo and Luke Duke, Jessica Simpson as their hottie cousin Daisy, and Willie Nelson as Uncle Jesse.
What to expect: It's been 20 years since the series ended, so the General Lee better jump even higher and Daisy's shorts better be even shorter if they plan on pulling in a new generation.
In theaters: July 29, 2005

Serenity
Stars: The cast of the short-lived Fox series Firefly — including Nathan Fillion and Gina Torres — returns for this space Western.
What to expect: With Buffy creator Joss Whedon writing and directing, this could be a fun ride.
In theaters: September 30, 2005

Get Smart
Stars: The Daily Show's Steve Carell as secret agent man Maxwell Smart.
What to expect: It'll be tough to top Don Adams, but Carell has the klutzy charisma to make this update, cowritten by Mel Brooks, appropriately stupid.
In theaters: Late 2005

Aeon Flux (Okay I admit I am looking forward to this one.)
Stars: Charlize Theron as a live-action version of the butt-kicking heroine from MTV's animated series.
What to expect: Thousands of teenage boys begging for a grudge match between Theron's Flux and Angelina Jolie's Lara Croft.
In theaters: 2005

Miami Vice
Stars: It's looking like Colin Farrell as Crockett and Jamie Foxx as Tubbs.
What to expect: Sexy cops who don't wear socks but do seem manly in pastel colors? We can't wait! Plus, Michael Mann is set to write and direct.
In theaters: 2006

Aaron

Mango
01-13-2005, 01:47 PM
Aeon Flux and Dukes of Hazzard are the only two I want to see.

Big'n slo
01-13-2005, 01:51 PM
Aeon Flux and Dukes of Hazzard are the only two I want to see.

For truth

Yudanja
01-13-2005, 03:00 PM
wow, get smart!

I used to love that show.

Eric Cartman
01-13-2005, 04:01 PM
I've been ticked off for a while about all of the remakes, especially all of the bad superhero flicks (although the second Spiderman was great IMO).

Why can't people do anything original?

OysterBoy
01-13-2005, 04:43 PM
wow, get smart!

I used to love that show.

Word;

"Would you beleive I have this entire facility surrounded by SWAT ?"

"..Would you beleive, the entire sherrifs department ?"

"...Would you beleive a 12 year old with a water pistol ?"

And Steve Carell is hilarious; I look forward to it.

RogueFactoryKid
01-13-2005, 05:03 PM
I just want to see Miami Vice and Jessica Simpson.

oldsoldier
01-13-2005, 05:34 PM
Dukes can hang by a rope...aeon flux would be cool though.

Halliday
01-13-2005, 05:34 PM
I'm am waiting patiently for Aeon Flux.

Jeffy-CanCon
01-13-2005, 05:46 PM
Never heard of Aeon Flux, but I am looking forward to Firefly. IMO, Fox did us all a disservice by killing that show.

lopxtc
01-13-2005, 06:42 PM
Damn right they did ... have no idea what they were thinking.

Aaron

IMO, Fox did us all a disservice by killing that show.

bofh
01-15-2005, 10:24 AM
Word;

"Would you beleive I have this entire facility surrounded by SWAT ?"

"..Would you beleive, the entire sherrifs department ?"

"...Would you beleive a 12 year old with a water pistol ?"

And Steve Carell is hilarious; I look forward to it.

Get Smart would be the movie to see, since it's supoposed to be a stupid comedy. And get smart was great.

And with Mel Brooks as a writer it has potential.

PyRo
01-15-2005, 10:48 AM
The Dukes of Hazzard
Stars: Seann William Scott and Johnny Knoxville as Bo and Luke Duke, Jessica Simpson as their hottie cousin Daisy, and Willie Nelson as Uncle Jesse.
What to expect: It's been 20 years since the series ended, so the General Lee better jump even higher and Daisy's shorts better be even shorter if they plan on pulling in a new generation.
In theaters: July 29, 2005

I heard they were taking the flag off the General Lee :(

desslock
01-15-2005, 10:58 AM
Are there any people in hollywood with an original idea?