PDA

View Full Version : Building a custom gun/ground up.

~WarpedRT~
11-11-2001, 03:17 PM
Since this forum is comprised of tons of people who know just about everything on certain guns, I figured this would be a good place to ask, and besides, you guys are far more friendly than alot of other places.

But here goes. I am considering building a custom cocker from the ground up. I know it's not a mag, and don't worry, I'd never sell my mag for the parts to build this gun. But I was thinking of building a cocker, completely from aftermarket parts, besides the body. After I get all the parts, I'd get it custom milled and annoed, and then sell it. I was thinking of using the winter as a time to just buy the parts one by one, so the cost doesnt appear to be quite so much. But anyway, If I do this, are there going to be major problems with the gun? Like leaks that have no source, or for what ever reason the gun wont fire no matter who looks at it for me? I'm hesitant because I have heard stories of people who ahve bought regular cockers, and they had problems that could not be solved, by anyone who looked at it.

Parts considering:
WGP swing trigger
DYE Boomstick
ANS inline reg
ANS front block
Shocktech 3 way Bomb
Shocktech venturi bolt
Rat 3:16 valve

anything else?

Plus I'd get some of the really cool milling done from www.g3pb.com

then custom anno it.

What do you guys think? Thanks

AngelBoy
11-11-2001, 03:37 PM
i don't know much bout cockers, and thats y im sellin mine. Just make sure you know every part and get every part. Building from scratch is probably a litlle bit more risky than buyin one and trickin it, but its cheaper:)

Chaos
11-11-2001, 03:42 PM
the WGP hinge trigger sucks! Compared to the eclipse, its crap. BUT, if you wanna get a REALLY nice cocker, get an uprising (centerflag) electro frame. I just got one, and my friend just had a custom shocktech built with one on, these things are godly. We were just out in his backyard shooting, literally we fired 2 balls, and they hit eachother and exploded mid air. It was the strangest thing, but its damn spiffy. They're REALLY nice and definetally worth the price tag.

Nobody
11-11-2001, 03:56 PM
i would rethink the parts in the quality of them(don't like ANS) and doubles(your buying a complete front block and then a Bomb 4-way). look at it this way, you might try to find a gun that has some of the parts that you want, then buy it. you might be able to find one very cheap. then you can take what you want and get rid of the rest.

but in most cases, in order to get your money back, you would have to do something special to get so one's interest in it, IMO.