PDA

View Full Version : Acceptable battery life?

trains are bad
01-13-2005, 06:05 PM
I just put these new, freshly recharged rechargeable batteries in my warp and turned it on full time, empty. It ran about a half hour before you could hear it change pitch and it became easier to stop the discs with my finger.

Do you think this is acceptable battery life? I am trying to gain confidence in these new batteries before I play with them in a game.

I have never conducted this test with alkaline cells.

deathstalker
01-13-2005, 06:35 PM
I'd say spend a few dollars to pick up a regular ol' Duracell or Energizer, conduct the same test, and then you can compare. It's cheaper at least than picking up another brand of charger and batteries.

Out of curiosity, which batteries are you using?

*Edit* Actually, I've got a TON of new Duracells. I'll try it myself and let you know what I get. :)

*Edit #2* Have you done any mods to your Warp? I'm doing just a 9V now, but I can also hook up the 12V. I don't have anything else, though.

*Edit #3* Just saw your post. I'll kil this one and then do a 12V test, too. Standard Duracells, so at least you have something to which you can compare it.

trains are bad
01-13-2005, 06:36 PM
Some 250mah ones I got on ebay.

And that's not going to compare battery to battery, because my hopper is also powered by my warp, and I was running both during the test.

But still, if you get something like less than an hour than I know that these batteries will run my hopper and warp with acceptable life. It's 12v modded BTW.

deathstalker
01-13-2005, 07:37 PM
After 12 minutes, I started to hear some "hiccoughing", like it was getting hung up on something. It then suddenly just stopped. I knew Warps were hogs, but I didn't expect that. When I touched it, it started up again, so I just cranked up the sensitivity and it went strong for a total of 35 minutes (it could not have been stopped for more than 10 seconds). It didn't seem to slow down at the end, just flat out stop. I turned up the sensitivity as high as I could, but it was completely dead.

Seeing how long that took, maybe I'll skip the 12V. ;)

I'll admit I know squat about electronics, but I'd say you're just fine if you run the 12V mod AND power your hopper.

trains are bad
01-13-2005, 07:43 PM
You should have just pushed the primer button. Mine was being intellifed on full auto. But thanks anyway. I may keep the quick charger handy and flop them on the charger during lunch or something just to be safe.

Also, my warp was pretty damn warm when I was done. I hope it was just from the drain on the batteries and not a problem with my circuit.

deathstalker
01-13-2005, 08:43 PM
I wasn't about to spend 30+ minutes with my finger on the primer. :p Are you using a Hyperframe? As far as the warmth goes, I could feel a little, but not much. I think it might be more a result of the 12V mod than continuous running.

trains are bad
01-13-2005, 09:36 PM
Are you using a Hyperframe?

not really