PDA

View Full Version : AO's second team at IAO information thread

Pages : [1] 2

Lohman446
01-13-2005, 06:13 PM
Ok... it would seem that somehow I managed to end up volunteering to Captain a team for IAO owners group. I don't have a lot of information on it, so I'm going to try to make a list of what we need to know, and will fill it in as we go.

Team Name: Team AO :) simple.. Im open to other ideas

What: Owner's Group tournament at International Amateur Open

IAO website: http://www.teameffortevents.com/iao/

Owner's group website: http://www.theiao.com/

When: July 27th-29th

Wednesday:
6:00 PM Captain’s Meeting – Comfort Inn, Mars, PA
6:30 PM Meet & Greet Event – Lone Star Steakhouse, Mars, PA

Thursday:
9:00 AM Preliminary Games Begin – Big Butler Fairgrounds
12:00 PM Half Hour Lunch Break
5:00 PM Preliminary Games Conclude
8:00 PM Owners Group Dinner – Lone Star Steakhouse

Friday:
9:00 AM Quarterfinals Begin – Big Butler Fairgrounds
12:30 PM Semifinals Begin
2:00 PM Finals Begin
6:00 PM Block Party & Awards – Sheraton Hotel, Mars, PA

Where: Big Butler Fairgrounds, about an hour North of Pittsburg, PA
Address: 1127 New Castle RD, Butler, PA

Skill level: Guys, I'm playing for fun, I hope you are to

How many games do we play 8 prelim games.

How much is paint, is it BYOP: The rumor stands $75 to $100 a case.

What format: Five Man

Prizes:
The Owners Group Division is proud to announce a fantastic prize package for the 2005 Owners Group Division. To start, the sportsmanship award winners will receive Five brand new AKALMP Viking marker. But AKALMP didnt stop there, they are also sponsoring a new prize, the Sportsman of the OGD, this year with an AKALMP Excalibur, fully loaded. These are the markers everyone has been talking about. On the other side of the prizes, we will be awarding Airgun Designs Pro Classics, AGD's entry level marker, AKALMP Two Liter regulators, Palmer's Pursuit Stabilizers, and a player kit from Dye consisting of a mask and jersey. This entire prize package is valued at over $8,000.

Just a note, about 60% of the prizes are for sportmanship rather than competetive placing. Lets play nice folks :D

Where we are staying: Its sounding more and more like Cameo's house :p

Players: This is the list that I sent to Kevin for our players. I also included Guysdaman on the registration form - he had paid and then had to back out because of work issues and I refunded him his money - he is the only other eligible player now because he is the only one on the form. We are right at five guys here, and all of us have paid our share of the entry fee.

1) Robert Lohman (me) AO handle: Lohman446 email: Lohman446@aol.com Position: middle snake side Team Captain 26 years old from West Michigan Needs Hotel: Yes Entry fee: paid $100

2) Andrew Seltzer AO handle "AGDlover", E-mail AGDlover04@att.net Position: Front/Snake. 14 years old from Manhattan IL. Needs hotel: No Entry fee: paid $100

3) Dj West AO handle: dj89 Email: airgundesigns@gmail.com Position: Back snake side 16 years old from Fredonia , New York Needs Hotel: No Entry fee: paid $100

4) Zack Zelehoski AO handle: "zackzel", E-mail: zackzel@hotmail.com Position: middle non-snake side 19 years old from Slippery Rock so I will not be needing a hotel, and as I said if someone wants to crash here they are more then welcome too Entry fee = paid $100

5) Rob Barclay AO handle: Robbie Email: calvin1031@msn.com Position: back non-snake side 34 years old from Tom Rivers New Jersey Needs hotel: no Entry fee = paid $100

Muzikman
01-13-2005, 06:21 PM
Hey, I will not be playing with AO, but can give you some of the info you need. Kevin will be releasing things such as Entry fee and day of play soon. Paint will be announced by Team Effort Events. (which their site is www.teameffortevents.com).

It will be a 5man format.

There are a few roach motels close to the field and a nice fairfield Inn about 10 mins from the field (Intersection of rt8 and 422). Most people stay in Cranberry Township, PA (some times refered to as Mars, PA). Cranberry has many hotels in many different price ranges. I do not think any give a discount any more, but you should be able to find something from $50-$300 a night.

There are also a lot of places to eat in Cranberry which because of this becomes party central. Ask any AOer at past IAO's about Quaker Steak and Lube, which I plan on trying to organized another QS night. There is also a Primanti Brothers going in, which you guys will have to check out.

I am sure there will be another OGD dinner. I hope it will be the evening after play.

Kevmaster
01-13-2005, 06:32 PM
some info:

entry will be 500-600 per team. not final yet...but will be in that range

hotel. i recommend staying at the Mars, PA Comfort Inn. Its where I've stayed the past three years. great hotel.

paint will be $75-100 depending on grade...somewhere around there.

IAO website is actually www.teameffortevents.com/iao

please email me for any and all information you need

RogueFactoryKid
01-13-2005, 07:31 PM
1) Robert Lohman (me) AO handle: Lohman446 email: Lohman446@aol.com Position: Any, Team Captain 26 years old from West Michigan
2) AO handle: RogueFactoryKid, Adam Stoehr Email: P8intballer26349@hotmail.com Position: Front/Snake Team Player 17 years old from Maine (Will be in PA For 2 months during summer including IAO Dates).

Lohman446
01-13-2005, 07:51 PM
Kev.. I think I e-mailed you this, but might as well ask here... what dates are we playing - I see the dates of IAO but was wondering what dates the OG plays on

dj89
01-13-2005, 10:07 PM
Pmed you

Lohman446
01-13-2005, 10:08 PM
Added you :D

BTW... at some point we are going to need to find out what we will need in the way of waivers and temporary guardianships for those under 18

oldsoldier
01-13-2005, 10:15 PM
Waivers and all that are usually found at team effort events site. They will probably, as is my past experience, update their site around march. The dues deadline is usually June, We all stay in Cranbury, at one of the hotels there. They are abundant, and we usually start threads asking for roomies. It is cheaper to get a couple of 2 man rooms, and double up. Thats what we usually do. Also, if people are flying in (as I am this year), we usually try to get a carpool, and do a shuttle. Last year that worked great. We at AFTICA look forward to seeing another AO team there this year! (I'd speak for everyone, but most people on the team are jerks anyway).

Lohman446
01-13-2005, 10:17 PM
Waivers and all that are usually found at team effort events site. They will probably, as is my past experience, update their site around march. The dues deadline is usually June, We all stay in Cranbury, at one of the hotels there. They are abundant, and we usually start threads asking for roomies. It is cheaper to get a couple of 2 man rooms, and double up. Thats what we usually do. Also, if people are flying in (as I am this year), we usually try to get a carpool, and do a shuttle. Last year that worked great. We at AFTICA look forward to seeing another AO team there this year! (I'd speak for everyone, but most people on the team are jerks anyway).

Let me know what hotel so we can get a couple rooms... we are going to get dues in well before they are due, just to try to avoid any last minute rushes

ntn4502
01-13-2005, 11:06 PM
(I'd speak for everyone, but most people on the team are jerks anyway).

Thats why I left the team in the first place, ya bastards.

mark_1791
01-13-2005, 11:23 PM
weeeeellll....id like to go, but there are many problems with that:
1. Im 14
2. Parents wouldnt let me go alone...
3. i live in texas
4. i have no tourny experience ever, however its a long time away so i could practice alot
5. expensive
6. not too sure what position id play...
7. i havent played paintball in like a year, im gonna play saturday for the first time in forever cuz i got my mag on wed :D
8. umm...iao is a big event, right? i dont think y'all would want an unexperienced 14 year old on the team...
9. those paint prices arent too friendly

However, i AM free then, but thats just about the only thing going for me...

dj89
01-13-2005, 11:26 PM
Thats what paint cost now. But I just thought, I'll be spening my SLF E-Mag fund on this. O well :(

RogueFactoryKid
01-13-2005, 11:31 PM
Now are we gonna have super cool AGD jerseys or just whatever we can get our hands on?

mark_1791
01-13-2005, 11:31 PM
Thats what paint cost now. :(

What? at the field in austin (petty's) the cheapest stuff is like $40 and the best is like $60!

Kevmaster
01-13-2005, 11:32 PM
Comfort Inn price will go down from 85...I got my room for $60/night

dj89
01-13-2005, 11:33 PM
I'm talk about at any large meet ie. IAO,D-Day,etc.

mark_1791
01-13-2005, 11:35 PM
true

Muzikman
01-13-2005, 11:40 PM
Now are we gonna have super cool AGD jerseys or just whatever we can get our hands on?

I suggest that the team get one of the AO jerseys from CSG.

RogueFactoryKid
01-13-2005, 11:48 PM
I suggest that the team get one of the AO jerseys from CSG.

Point me in the right direction, I shall be Mcjobbing it the rest of the school year to pay for this and my practicing between here and then. IAO 2003 was great, I hope this one is just as good.

dj89
01-13-2005, 11:49 PM
http://www.customsportsgear.com/

Lohman446
01-14-2005, 07:03 AM
weeeeellll....id like to go, but there are many problems with that:
1. Im 14
2. Parents wouldnt let me go alone...
3. i live in texas
4. i have no tourny experience ever, however its a long time away so i could practice alot
5. expensive
6. not too sure what position id play...
7. i havent played paintball in like a year, im gonna play saturday for the first time in forever cuz i got my mag on wed :D
8. umm...iao is a big event, right? i dont think y'all would want an unexperienced 14 year old on the team...
9. those paint prices arent too friendly

However, i AM free then, but thats just about the only thing going for me...

Mark, let me know if you can work out numbers 1, 2, 3, 5, 9... the rest we can work with, we are playing for fun

Lohman446
01-14-2005, 07:08 AM
Never considered Jerseys... will have to look into, DJ has pointed us towards where they are available My gut feeling is this is a "one-time" team, and jerseys are going to be wear what you want type deal.

Muzikman
01-14-2005, 09:55 AM
I suggest that for the one time type thing you buy them. I know the first team will have them and all the other teams last year had matching jerseys. This is where both teams pairing up and working out details comes in handy.

Thordic
01-14-2005, 09:56 AM
I know the first team will have them

I'll be wearing my Thor jersey again :)

RogueFactoryKid
01-14-2005, 02:55 PM
I have a buddy that can do it. All he needs is an Emag or Xmag, hes currently looking for to trade for one for his Viking.

Lohman446
01-14-2005, 03:19 PM
At this point I want to recruit from AO - if we need mroe I have two people I can bring who are EXTREMELY good and have shot mags for years- but I would prefer to give AO the first cahnce

Tyger
01-14-2005, 05:09 PM
Don't count on me yet, I'm still doing PT. You know you're in good hands when the PT guy is doing RESEARCH to learn more about a sport he's never heard of before. I get a feeling that I'm the first paintball injury they've gotten...

I'll know more in a month, I hope...

-Tyger

Muzikman
01-14-2005, 05:12 PM
Tyger, you need to organize a PumpPlayers team! :)

mark_1791
01-14-2005, 05:57 PM
Mark, let me know if you can work out numbers 1, 2, 3, 5, 9... the rest we can work with, we are playing for fun

lol...#1 is that im 14, and i dont think that i can work that out ;)

but ill try to work out the rest

quik
01-14-2005, 06:46 PM
At this point I want to recruit from AO - if we need mroe I have two people I can bring who are EXTREMELY good and have shot mags for years- but I would prefer to give AO the first cahnce

Randy and Little Randy? If so, I say put them on the team before anybody on AO ;).

Lohman446
01-14-2005, 06:54 PM
Randy and Little Randy? If so, I say put them on the team before anybody on AO ;).

Could you imagine Randy and Rande on an owners group team... I'd go with just them and watch from the sideline... hey, I'd even buy them the case of paint they would use to win with..

quik
01-14-2005, 06:56 PM
hey, I'd even buy them the case of paint they would use to win with..

Hell, I bet they could split the case and still take it.

Lohman446
01-14-2005, 06:59 PM
I said THE case :D

LOL - last tournament we played at Randy, Rande, KC, and I worked out of the same case - they took second... my team did ok

Lohman446
01-14-2005, 07:04 PM
In fairness they have shot mags forever

Lohman446
01-16-2005, 08:38 PM
Input people.. input and all of AO should input here.

I beleive we should take a team to have fun with.. its just so much easier. There is also discussion that we should put a team together to be competetive as possible. I look for the fun factor... being more in the spirit of AO - comments?

Muzikman
01-16-2005, 08:54 PM
In the spirit of the OGD it is about fun and sportsmanship. But if you want to field a compeitive team, go for it. Just remember, if we find that half the team are pro players or players that have come from a previous team. The captains of the other teams can contest it.

Lohman446
01-16-2005, 09:00 PM
100% understandable on the fielding pro or "team" players.. it is not necessarily in the spirit of the game and it is clearly a violation of the rules

Kevmaster
01-17-2005, 12:31 AM
yep...its all about the fun...if you want to go about winning...good luck. but if your team is kinda shady...i'll play matlock and investigate! :ninja:

ntn4502
01-17-2005, 02:02 AM
I played 2 years with Aftershock, and never knew of these rules :confused:

Kevmaster
01-17-2005, 02:08 AM
lol

and im just messin...as long as its aoers...you're ligit!

AGDlover
01-17-2005, 09:22 AM
Can i be put for a pendingsince i gotta see when my summer school classes are

Lohman446
01-17-2005, 09:23 AM
We can do that - when will you know when summer classes are? Just put up the info that the rest of us have, name e-mail, where your from, age things. Put it here, or PM me and I will add it to the first post

AGDlover
01-17-2005, 09:47 AM
pm sent

dj89
01-19-2005, 12:29 AM
Up

dj89
01-19-2005, 12:37 AM
I'm thinking the Comfort Inn Butler, PA.

Here, I looked it up. (http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&un=m&cl=EN&ct=NA&rsres=1&1y=US&1a=+1+Comfort+Ln&1c=Butler&1s=pa&1z=&1ah=&2y=US&2a=1127+New+Castle+St&2c=Butler&2s=PA&2z=&2ah=)
Total Est. Time: 7 minutes Total Est. Distance: 3.37 miles

Can't get much closer. Better book asap tho.

Cameo
01-19-2005, 01:05 AM
I vote to have the OGD dinner at Springfield Grill.. It is very very very good, and a comparable price to Lonestar (and the food is a million times better). Other then that I can also check into the restraunts that I work at if anyone wants a group rate.

There is no "Conmfort Inn" in Butler. There is a Fairfield Inn which is about 5 miles east of the fairgrounds. There is also a "Days Inn" on Rt. 8. The Days inn just did a ton of renovations and is currently offering very good deals on group rates. They have a pool, restraunt and bar (with 2$ pitchers, pretty happening place). It is about 10 minutes away from the fair grounds. Another option for anyone who golfs is a golf resort on rt 8. They offer weekend rates which includes hotel,golf,waterpark, and full breakfast. http://www.conleyresort.com They are about 15 minutes from the fairgrounds.. And if anyone is really really hurting for cash take your tent and camp out at the fair grounds. There are showers there. If all else fails just come knock on my door. I live 9 minutes away and if you don't mind sleeping in a room with angels or rugrats on the walls there is a bed waiting.
~steph

Muzikman
01-19-2005, 01:24 AM
I'm thinking the Comfort Inn Butler, PA.

Here, I looked it up. (http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&un=m&cl=EN&ct=NA&rsres=1&1y=US&1a=+1+Comfort+Ln&1c=Butler&1s=pa&1z=&1ah=&2y=US&2a=1127+New+Castle+St&2c=Butler&2s=PA&2z=&2ah=)
Total Est. Time: 7 minutes Total Est. Distance: 3.37 miles

Can't get much closer. Better book asap tho.

I have no idea what address you put in for the field, but it is way off on the location. That comfort inn is a LONG way from the field. It's also in the the middle of no where and you will be traveling a good way to be near any other players. The Fairfield or a hotel in Cranberry are your best options. I am pretty sure the rest of AO will be in Cranberry as that is where all the parties are. And we know AO, if there is an event, it's a party:)

Cameo
01-19-2005, 01:34 AM
I have no idea what address you put in for the field, but it is way off on the location. That comfort inn is a LONG way from the field. It's also in the the middle of no where and you will be traveling a good way to be near any other players. The Fairfield or a hotel in Cranberry are your best options. I am pretty sure the rest of AO will be in Cranberry as that is where all the parties are. And we know AO, if there is an event, it's a party:)

Once again....NO COMFORT INN!!! I'm serious... not kidding, wouldn't play with you or lead you astray... There is not one in Butler!! The only hotel/motels that are within 4 miles of the fair grounds are a bit seedy. One is called Michael's, the other is called Lighthouse Inn. Both are on rt. 422, but I would not suggest either one. The closest decent hotel would be Fairfield Inn at the intersection of 422 and 8. It is where the POGers tend to stay year after year. Not much of a party place though, no bar although there is a pool.

Muzikman
01-19-2005, 01:36 AM
Once again....NO COMFORT INN!!! I'm serious... not kidding, wouldn't play with you or lead you astray... There is not one in Butler!! The only hotel/motels that are within 4 miles of the fair grounds are a bit seedy. One is called Michael's, the other is called Lighthouse Inn. Both are on rt. 422, but I would not suggest either one. The closest decent hotel would be Fairfield Inn at the intersection of 422 and 8. It is where the POGers tend to stay year after year. Not much of a party place though, no bar although there is a pool.

The comfort inn is way down on rt8 up on the hill. unless they took it out, it might not be IN Butler, but it's close. I remember Glenn and Craig staying there the first year IAO moved.

Cameo
01-19-2005, 01:42 AM
The comfort inn is way down on rt8 up on the hill. unless they took it out, it might not be IN Butler, but it's close. I remember Glenn and Craig staying there the first year IAO moved.

It is in Penn twsp...Close to Butler yes. I'll give you that one. Hey it is near a 7-11 also...Slushee time. :cheers:

Lohman446
01-19-2005, 07:57 AM
What hotel would the guys that have been there recommend, where is the rest of AO staying?

Lohman446
01-19-2005, 08:06 AM
If all else fails just come knock on my door. I live 9 minutes away and if you don't mind sleeping in a room with angels or rugrats on the walls there is a bed waiting.
~steph

:D How's the company (j/king)

Seriously, if you were going to get a hotel which one would you get Steph?

Thordic
01-19-2005, 09:32 AM
What hotel would the guys that have been there recommend, where is the rest of AO staying?

There are about a billion hotels in Cranberry, PA. Thats where everyone who isn't antisocial stays at IAO. Its about a 30 minute ride from the field.

Theres the Sheraton, Amerisuites, Comfort Inn, Super 8, Fairfield Inn, etc, etc. Any hotel in Mars, PA or Cranberry, PA. (Jason or Steph - whats the name of that highway there that runs through town? I always forget. Rte 19?)

Muzikman
01-19-2005, 10:25 AM
Yeah, rt 19 runs through Cranberry, Freedom is the road that the Lube is on. Those are the only two roads you need to know about:)

Kevmaster
01-19-2005, 11:57 AM

I've stayed at the COmfort Inn Mars (right by the sheraton) for the last three years. I will be there again and highly recommend it. I'll try and get anyone who wants to stay there a group rate. Its probably going to be the 'official' OGD hotel. Captain's meeting and pre-event party will probably be there

Lohman446
01-19-2005, 12:40 PM
I've stayed at the COmfort Inn Mars (right by the sheraton) for the last three years. I will be there again and highly recommend it. I'll try and get anyone who wants to stay there a group rate. Its probably going to be the 'official' OGD hotel. Captain's meeting and pre-event party will probably be there

Shoot me there phone number if you would Kev... I am fairly confident using the right credit card I can get a good rate.. oh look, this one says "Midwest Paintball Promotions" on the front :D

Cameo
01-19-2005, 02:03 PM
:D How's the company (j/king)

Seriously, if you were going to get a hotel which one would you get Steph?

The company is just dandy if I can say so myself. Always lots of food in the cupboards and fridge. And of course I am a bartender so there is liquor. Not a 5 star hotel but you get what you pay for ;)

If i was going to get a hotel i would choose one that had a complimentary breakfast, a bar, a pool, pizza delivery available, easy to get to and of course closest to the cutest guys. Honestly anything in Cranberry would be good. It is a straight shot from 79 and the Turnpike. The Comfort Inn that in next to the Sheraton seems nice (but no bar). If you want to be antisocial I do suggest Days Inn on rt8 in Butler. It is a nice place and only about 12 or so minutes from the field. If I was out drinking the night before I definatley would not want to have to drive a half hour to the field....

Personally I am staying at my place. Can eat what I want, Don't have to pay to watch movies, and I know who was sleeping in the bed the night before :rofl:
~steph~

Kevmaster
01-19-2005, 02:03 PM
info on Mars, PA Comfort Inn:

http://www5.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/HotelInfo?sid=r8$4._TLe2gm29.5&hotel=PA316&sarea=18426&sname=Mars&sstate=PA&scountry=US&sradius=40.22&slat=40.6958&slon=-80.0119&schain=CI&exp=&scity=Mars&sort=

:)

enjoy!

Lohman446
01-19-2005, 02:22 PM
The company is just dandy if I can say so myself. Always lots of food in the cupboards and fridge. And of course I am a bartender so there is liquor. Not a 5 star hotel but you get what you pay for ;)
~steph~

Dang... your place is sounding better and better the more I learn... :D. So what team are you playing for?

Cameo
01-19-2005, 02:39 PM
Dang... your place is sounding better and better the more I learn... :D. So what team are you playing for?

the one with the nicest guys...
Oh yea, the one that is going to win the SPORTSMANSHIP Award :clap: They seem to be pretty good at doing that.

Lohman446
01-19-2005, 02:49 PM
the one with the nicest guys...
Oh yea, the one that is going to win the SPORTSMANSHIP Award :clap: They seem to be pretty good at doing that.

Oh yeah.. playing and doing well on the field. I was going for the party :cheers: . No bar in the hotel is not a bad thing, when I drink I only have 1-2 or so... err, without the - .

Thordic
01-19-2005, 03:05 PM
The bar is across the street, and the rooms are half the price.

We stumbled back just fine last year. (Some of us did cartwheels back, sans pants).

Creative Mayhem
01-19-2005, 03:06 PM

We stumbled back just fine last year. (Some of us did cartwheels back, sans pants).

OR jumping through bushes ;)

Lohman446
01-19-2005, 03:07 PM

Across the street from the Comfot Inn? - this is sounding good

ntn4502
01-19-2005, 03:57 PM
I dont remember how I got back, I remember hugging the toliet like I was going to fall to the ceiling and thats about it

Creative Mayhem
01-19-2005, 04:04 PM
I dont remember how I got back, I remember hugging the toliet like I was going to fall to the ceiling and thats about it

HAHAHA i remember that it took 20 minutes to get you to open the door. We were close to kicking the door in to see if you were still alive.

Lohman446
01-19-2005, 04:37 PM
Team name, anyone come up with anything more catchey?

AO - Retro? AO.. ok, so anyone?

Lohman446
01-20-2005, 07:30 PM
Name.. anyone?

RogueFactoryKid
01-20-2005, 10:00 PM
lmAOnaise. Not really. AOwned. Nope not that one either....hmmmm

Cameo
01-20-2005, 11:42 PM

I would have loved to see that....Wait a second, why wasn't I invited to the festivities? :cry:

Team name, anyone come up with anything more catchey?

AO - Retro? AO.. ok, so anyone?

NmbPOGc (NO more bunkering the POG chick) I recieved enough welts last year Thankyouverymuch! :nono:

dj89
01-21-2005, 03:11 PM
up

dj89
01-21-2005, 11:32 PM
I vote to have the OGD dinner at Springfield Grill.. It is very very very good, and a comparable price to Lonestar (and the food is a million times better). Other then that I can also check into the restraunts that I work at if anyone wants a group rate.

There is no "Conmfort Inn" in Butler. There is a Fairfield Inn which is about 5 miles east of the fairgrounds. There is also a "Days Inn" on Rt. 8. The Days inn just did a ton of renovations and is currently offering very good deals on group rates. They have a pool, restraunt and bar (with 2$ pitchers, pretty happening place). It is about 10 minutes away from the fair grounds. Another option for anyone who golfs is a golf resort on rt 8. They offer weekend rates which includes hotel,golf,waterpark, and full breakfast. http://www.conleyresort.com They are about 15 minutes from the fairgrounds.. And if anyone is really really hurting for cash take your tent and camp out at the fair grounds. There are showers there. If all else fails just come knock on my door. I live 9 minutes away and if you don't mind sleeping in a room with angels or rugrats on the walls there is a bed waiting.
~steph
Thay must lie?

1) Comfort Inn
1 Comfort Ln, Butler, PA (3.15 miles away)
724-287-7177
Map | Directions To | Directions From

Muzikman
01-22-2005, 12:14 AM
They do lie. It's actually the next town over from Butler and it's no where near the field.

Lohman446
01-22-2005, 05:49 AM
Gone for the weekend, come on guys... a name would be neat but we'll go with AOG if noone can come up with anything

Muzikman
01-22-2005, 08:31 AM
Just go with the trusty "Team Automags.org"

Or, see if the AFTICA guys will liscense the AFTICA name for a small fee;)

Kevmaster
01-22-2005, 11:26 AM
Just go with the trusty "Team Automags.org"

Or, see if the AFTICA guys will liscense the AFTICA name for a small fee;)

knowin them....a case of beer ought to do just fine

Lohman446
01-23-2005, 03:17 PM
knowin them....a case of beer ought to do just fine

Shh... a case of beer is my distraction on the field...

Quick,.. toss a beer in the left snake.... that'll keep him busy :D

AGDlover
01-23-2005, 03:25 PM
how bout AFTICA jr. ;)

dj89
01-23-2005, 03:32 PM
how bout AFTICA jr. ;)
or AFTICA II

ntn4502
01-23-2005, 04:15 PM
ummm no

Target Practice
01-23-2005, 05:18 PM
ummm no

Seconded. Why would you guys use the AFTICA name...if they aren't involved with AFTICA?

Lohman446
01-23-2005, 05:48 PM
Seconded. Why would you guys use the AFTICA name...if they aren't involved with AFTICA?

Agreed, I don't even know what the hell AFTICA stands for

AGDlover
01-23-2005, 05:51 PM
Another *BEEEEPPP* turny I cant Afford

PatrickLee
01-24-2005, 12:59 PM
Hey guys, its pat lee from ICD-Owners.

We had fun last summer! I hope to see you guys there this year, maybe ICD won't suck that badly. hehe.

If i remember correctly entrance WAS 500, paint was 60 for a case of draxxus.

I ended up spending 1k last summer! Ouch! And one of our players paid for entrance too!!

Uh, oh yea i stayed at the Motel 8. Its close to the field, but it SUCKS. It smelled pretty badly, and was in a very bad location, but since we didn't spend much time there, it didn't really matter. :) Oh yea the bars in the hilton?.. now that was a fun time...... :D

Cheers!

Lohman446
01-24-2005, 07:22 PM
Hey guys, its pat lee from ICD-Owners.

We had fun last summer! I hope to see you guys there this year, maybe ICD won't suck that badly. hehe.

If i remember correctly entrance WAS 500, paint was 60 for a case of draxxus.

I ended up spending 1k last summer! Ouch! And one of our players paid for entrance too!!

Uh, oh yea i stayed at the Motel 8. Its close to the field, but it SUCKS. It smelled pretty badly, and was in a very bad location, but since we didn't spend much time there, it didn't really matter. :) Oh yea the bars in the hilton?.. now that was a fun time...... :D

Cheers!

Good to hear from the other owners groups.. good luck, and see you at the fifty.. or in the bar, or restaurant.. probably the bar

PS - team name now.. Team Automags.org anyone complaints, suggestions?

dj89
01-24-2005, 07:28 PM
Good to hear from the other owners groups.. good luck, and see you at the fifty.. or in the bar, or restaurant.. probably the bar

PS - team name now.. Team Automags.org anyone complaints, suggestions?
Waoooo "TAO" :D

Cameo
01-25-2005, 12:06 AM
wait ICD?? Was that the timmi guys? I am at a loss :confused:
I vote for every person that posts from now on just tell me "I was the tall guy with the pretty eyes", "I was the short red head" ect. Names get lost in my mind, a person's appearence doesn't (strange huh?).

Motel 8 is icky, that is where all the drug users stay after they get evicted from thier houses.

Muzikman
01-25-2005, 12:14 AM
wait ICD?? Was that the timmi guys? I am at a loss :confused:
I vote for every person that posts from now on just tell me "I was the tall guy with the pretty eyes", "I was the short red head" ect. Names get lost in my mind, a person's appearence doesn't (strange huh?).

Motel 8 is icky, that is where all the drug users stay after they get evicted from thier houses.

ICD not Timmy. ICD were next to us.

Lohman, you have two others from onother OG. Myself and Cameo play on POG. :)

Lohman446
01-26-2005, 02:03 PM
hehe... yeh, but your normally on the boards :) I'll meet you at the center.. or more likely sitting in my dead box watching you hang the flag, but hey, all good.

Still could stand more people... interest?

Thordic
01-26-2005, 02:08 PM
AFTICA stands for A Few Totally Inebriated & Confused Apes. I don't know where that other explanation came from. :)

guysdaman
01-26-2005, 02:51 PM
PM'd ya Lohman!

PatrickLee
01-26-2005, 04:53 PM
We were wearing the bright orange jerseys :). Your team captain also traded hats with me, which i still have and wear, at the bar. That was a fun night.

nameless143
01-26-2005, 09:59 PM
I should play with you guys, I live in Pittsburgh. I don't know though. I no longer shoot a Mag however and would feel mighty left out. I would get rid of my Angel for another Mag if it wasnt so damn sexy. Or I might get another mag and use it as a second gun or a backup or something. Or do you even need to have a mag?

Lohman446
01-26-2005, 10:12 PM
You must own and use a marker from the company you are representing :D . If you want to pickup a mag, let me know, this could be a lot of fun

Cameo
01-26-2005, 10:58 PM
I should play with you guys, I live in Pittsburgh. I don't know though. I no longer shoot a Mag however and would feel mighty left out. I would get rid of my Angel for another Mag if it wasnt so damn sexy. Or I might get another mag and use it as a second gun or a backup or something. Or do you even need to have a mag?

you have about 5 months to get one... so hop to it.. well worth the hour drive up 79... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
if anyone has any questions about the area or wants to ship out thier gear (rather then flying with it) I will be more then happy to help..

~steph

guysdaman
01-27-2005, 12:22 AM
Was there ever a definative answer on weather we would get matching Jersies or not? I'm down for it!

Lohman446
01-27-2005, 07:02 AM
There has not been a definite answer on that one yet, I'm leaning towards ti looks like everyone wants them

Lohman446
01-27-2005, 03:51 PM
Kev any word on official exact dates yet :) I know you said February, but its close, and Im oh so patient :p

dj89
01-27-2005, 03:52 PM
Is there any thing i need to do to my Xmag to get it ready for this?
And will any one be there to flash it?

Lohman446
01-27-2005, 03:53 PM
Remove the trigger rod to disallow hybrid mode - we can do it day of too, or day before

dj89
01-27-2005, 03:56 PM
Remove the trigger rod to disallow hybrid mode - we can do it day of too, or day before
Ok

rkjunior303
01-27-2005, 05:24 PM
As far as I know, AGD will have a tech booth and they will probably be able to flash it to 3.2

guysdaman
01-28-2005, 07:36 AM
Hey Loh...did I see you posting in the devilmag thread about getting one? If so have you shipped it off yet? I too have sent mine off already eagerly awaiting it's return...it should kick ***! Hopefully we should have them ready by IAO I know devlimags turn around time has been slow but I think it will pick up now that he has some frames instock to build on.

Laterz!

Kevmaster
01-28-2005, 10:13 AM
unofficially weds and thurs of the IAO week. but thats 99.9% confirmed. I can't see it changing unless everything changes at the iAO

count on sticking around fro Friday, when the awards will be given out.

Lohman446
01-28-2005, 02:53 PM
Hey Loh...did I see you posting in the devilmag thread about getting one? If so have you shipped it off yet? I too have sent mine off already eagerly awaiting it's return...it should kick ***! Hopefully we should have them ready by IAO I know devlimags turn around time has been slow but I think it will pick up now that he has some frames instock to build on.

Laterz!

I had GA Devil build me one from ground up - right now I'm markerless until he gets it back to me.. hopefully next month or the month after :D

Lohman446
01-28-2005, 04:57 PM
I have reserved rooms and divided cost the following way
(refer to first post)

How much for hotel: This is going to depend on where you sleep, I have tried to make it fair, we can have up to four people per room. I negotiated a room rate of $62 per room per night plus taxes - total $70.68 per room night with taxes - I have at this time reserved two rooms with double beds, adjoining. We will be sharing the cost of these rooms. Reservations are from Tuesday July 26 thru Saturday morning July 30th. If you do not think this is fair let me know Obviously preference will be given to players on our team - if it gets close to AO and I have not filled them I may cancel one room, or adjust prices to get people to fill them. I reserve the right to adjust prices to split the room more evenly if it is not filled (ie 3 people means everyone is going to have to pitch in $20 more each). Your spot will be saved once I have payment
Room 1 - Bed 1: Me - Im old, sorry guys $20/night = $80 for the stay PAID
Room 1 - Bed 2: Available $20/night = $80 for the stay
Room 1 - Floorspace 1: Available $15/night = $60 for the stay
Room 1 - Floorspace 2: Available $15/night = $60 for the stay

Room 2 - Bed 1: Available $20/night = $80 for the stay
Room 2 - Bed 2: Available $20/night = $80 for the stay
Room 2 - Floorspace 1: Available $15/night = $60 for the stay
Room 2 - Floorspace 2: Available $15/night = $60 for the stay

Disclaimer: Now guys.. let me say this - I know I take some steps here that seem to be like a dictator, that is not what I am trying to do. Any decisions I make and carry through on are from the observation that paitnball players will discuss something to death and nothing will get done as they do, then it will be too late. I'm trying to avoid this from happening. If anything I do is wrong, or out of line, please understand it is open for discussion. Thanks guys.

dj89
01-28-2005, 05:03 PM
Ok I'll take a bed. $80 for the stay
Is any one taking the I90 thought New York? I'll help with gas. Just wanna make sure i have a ride frist.

Muzikman
01-28-2005, 05:12 PM
Wow, people on the floor get a $5 a night break? This is just way too organized or something. :)

I'd rather make them fight over beds. Makes the event more interesting:)

Lohman446
01-28-2005, 05:41 PM
Jerseys...

For those of you that have not, please make your opinion known here

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=165637

Cameo
01-28-2005, 11:28 PM
wow that is cheaper then staying at my own house!!!! Can i have a floor space???j/k

Lohman446
01-29-2005, 12:08 AM
wow that is cheaper then staying at my own house!!!! Can i have a floor space???j/k

:D After review of the AO rules thats all my reply can be :p

Cameo
01-29-2005, 01:00 AM
:D After review of the AO rules thats all my reply can be :p

darn rules..

~steph
ps: good thing I am good at weaseling my way through the rules to get my way.

ntn4502
01-29-2005, 02:24 AM
We know this

Lohman446
01-29-2005, 09:17 AM
Discussion - I have considered asking some f my normal sponsors for a one time donation to help defray costs of the team, however that would require a few things be there way, a level of some professionalism, some decided input from them on the jerseys.... my overall thoughts on this are that it is a pain for a one time thing, we are not a continueing team... it would defray some costs (likely less than 50% of entrance/hotel). Considering the little it would help, and the amount of work that I would have t put into it on a possibility of help I'm for all of us just paying our own way... opinions? I don't want this to become a discussion in four months were I have to panic and do it.

Muzikman
01-29-2005, 11:59 AM
:) Now you can have one AO team complaining about the other that they are getting a sponsorship. Alla, AFTICA complaining that AKA got a ton of stuff last year;)

That being said, and although I am not on the team, go for it. Less money people have to pay out of pocket, the nicer it is.

Cameo
01-29-2005, 11:28 PM
the less money you have to spend to get here, the more money you have for your enjoyment while you are here :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :spit_take :cheers: :cheers:

that being said, I know all the best bars in the area, for a small fee I can give you the tour... jk... I won't charge ya, just take me along.

~steph

Lohman446
01-30-2005, 12:56 AM
the less money you have to spend to get here, the more money you have for your enjoyment while you are here :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :spit_take :cheers: :cheers:

that being said, I know all the best bars in the area, for a small fee I can give you the tour... jk... I won't charge ya, just take me along.

~steph

Tell you what, you find the driver for that tour and I'll buy you a drink at every one :D

Lohman446
02-02-2005, 04:41 PM
Well.. at least part of our team is going to be sober.. some of them are under 21 :D

Cameo
02-02-2005, 10:13 PM
Tell you what, you find the driver for that tour and I'll buy you a drink at every one :D

Actually I don't really drink, I try to stay the sober one. But hey a Redbull at ever stop worked for me. :cheers:
~steph

AGDlover
02-03-2005, 12:35 AM
how much for sleeping in the bath tub with my gun? ;)

Lohman446
02-03-2005, 09:17 AM
Ok folks, were back to discussing jerseys. At this point the CSG AO jerseys seem to be the idea, with whatever colors you want (so we'll mix colors).

Changes I want to make

On the right breast I want the AGD lion logo - will post pics here so everyone works off the same

On the left breast and right arm (in place of the numbers) I want the AO-IAO logo that Jam was so nice to put together for us. That leaves you space below that logo for anything you want like a state logo - for me I'm putting hte AO-DevilMag logo there also courtesy of Jam.

The left arm in place of numbers I want to see an American flag...

Numbers on the back, whatever - and your AO tag or variation of it as the name.

Opionions - posting this in both the IAO info thread and jersey thread for more feedback.

I am going to finalize the decisions by the ninth of February, and I would like us all to order jerseys shortly thereafter.

dj89
02-03-2005, 02:48 PM
Sounds good

Lohman446
02-04-2005, 07:10 AM
how much for sleeping in the bath tub with my gun? ;)

Hmm.. that would be someplace between floor space and a bed :confused: . Do let me know what you want as far as a hotel room so I can reserve your spot in our rooms.

Cameo
02-05-2005, 01:27 AM
a HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION...

If you needed something outher then a pillow to cuddle with would that cost more? On a bed you would have to convince somone to split it with you, but on the floor if you rolled over enough would the other floor person be close enough that you could use sleep walking as an excuse to being so close to them??? Just Curious... ;)
~steph

AGDlover
02-05-2005, 01:37 AM

If you needed something outher then a pillow to cuddle with would that cost more? On a bed you would have to convince somone to split it with you, but on the floor if you rolled over enough would the other floor person be close enough that you could use sleep walking as an excuse to being so close to them??? Just Curious... ;)
~steph

lol floor or bed your choise

AGDlover
02-05-2005, 02:01 AM
ok so what about bringing our tanks can we ship them to somebody before hand?

Muzikman
02-05-2005, 05:07 AM
ok so what about bringing our tanks can we ship them to somebody before hand?

If you need to ship tanks/gear let me know. I can receive packages and will have them available when ever you get in to town.

Lohman446
02-05-2005, 07:37 AM

~steph

It would depend how cute the other person was :D

oldsoldier
02-05-2005, 08:11 AM
Lohman, they wont print flags on the sleeves. Its been asked before. Its some legal issue. You'll have to sew them on yourself.

Muz, I'll be sending my tank this year, as I'm flying in. We'll talk.

Muzikman
02-05-2005, 12:51 PM
Lohman, they wont print flags on the sleeves. Its been asked before. Its some legal issue. You'll have to sew them on yourself.

I had a flag put on my Shatnerball jersey. I have seen a lot of people do it too. Enough that they already had a flag image for it.

rkjunior303
02-05-2005, 02:53 PM

Muz, I'll be sending my tank this year, as I'm flying in. We'll talk.

bill, you're flying? we should just carpool -- it's not THAT long of a drive. ;) If you decide to fly, lemme know. I'll book a flight with you.

Lohman446
02-05-2005, 04:15 PM
I have sent CSG an e-mail in regards to jerseys, and hope to get everything set up shortly wtih them

AGDlover
02-05-2005, 08:48 PM
hey could we do the team discount thing we would be getting the banner jersey, pants and everything we just tell em what the jersey design would be and they can desighn from there

dj89
02-05-2005, 08:50 PM
hey could we do the team discount thing we would be getting the banner jersey, pants and everything we just tell em what the jersey design would be and they can desighn from there
I like that idea.

Cameo
02-06-2005, 01:59 AM
If you need to ship tanks/gear let me know. I can receive packages and will have them available when ever you get in to town.

Can ship things my way also.. I only live 6 minutes from the field so if i happen to forget anything, wont be any trouble to run home to get it...

It would depend how cute the other person was

HMM 80 bucks for a room for the weekend could include cuddles. Heck.. count me in, I will take a floor, bed, chair, bathub or ceiling space.. Just stick me somewhere.. this will be fun :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lohman446
02-06-2005, 08:40 AM
HMM 80 bucks for a room for the weekend could include cuddles. Heck.. count me in, I will take a floor, bed, chair, bathub or ceiling space.. Just stick me somewhere.. this will be fun :clap: :clap: :clap:

LOL... you actually want a space, I'm sure we'll find you one :)

And I'll sign you up, room 1, bed 1, spot B :p LOL err, I mean, umm or where you want

oldsoldier
02-06-2005, 12:13 PM
bill, you're flying? we should just carpool -- it's not THAT long of a drive. ;) If you decide to fly, lemme know. I'll book a flight with you.
Rob, considering it. Unless we can convince a bunch of Boston boys to carpool...havent decided yet.

rkjunior303
02-06-2005, 01:48 PM
Rob, considering it. Unless we can convince a bunch of Boston boys to carpool...havent decided yet.

you, me, joey... maybe get 1 or two more and rent a SUV.

Lohman446
02-08-2005, 02:06 PM
Folks, I have not forgotten about this, waiting for CSG to get back with me about it

Muzikman
02-08-2005, 02:10 PM
If you sent them an email, you might want to call. They are a very small company and are very good at what they do. There for they get swamped. Calling is usually better than email with them as they seem to ignore or forget about emails.

Lohman446
02-10-2005, 11:16 AM
Ok.. some thoughts on jerseys... still working on getting things set up, should have everything shortly... I solved any issues I had for IAO so I'm still good with team jerseys... but I think its going to be if you want one good, if not fine

Muzikman
02-10-2005, 01:02 PM
Why though? If you are playing IAO, you should have enough money to buy a jersey. :)

Lohman446
02-10-2005, 01:03 PM
Why though? If you are playing IAO, you should have enough money to buy a jersey. :)

Good point... but I dont want to press anyone hard - I'm fine buying a jersey, as are most the people now on the team... you may be right, I may be making considerations that are not needed...

Muzikman
02-10-2005, 01:14 PM
I have played on the POG team for the last 4 years, 2 years ago I captained the POG team and was responsible for getting their current jersey designed. I have not seen a problem with people wanting to buy the jersey. To play with POG is is pretty much a requirement and no one has ever complained. As a matter of fact, we have had people who had not played on Team POG before asking where they can get the jersey. The is the other thing, we also require that you have to play an event with Team POG to get the jersey.

We also suggest that you wear black pants, though it is not required. It makes the team look like a team.

I saw, make people buy a jersey, and if someone comlains that they do not have the money, etc, then work with them. I think that if you are going to play on an AO team, that you should be proud to wear the AO jersey and want to wear an AO jersey (unless money really is an issue).

Team POG last year (Nickle and Brass)...arn't we a good looking group. ;)
http://www.noodlehoops.com/pog/images/pogIAO04/pogteam_IAO04.jpg

Lohman446
02-23-2005, 09:01 AM
Just moving this to the top for further discussion, interest, etc. I have not pushed hard with CSG.. kind of waiting for the rest of the info to come up (I beleive KevMaster had said early February).

Kevmaster
02-23-2005, 10:06 AM
It was early February....and there will be a whole wealth of info ocming forward by Friday....

stay tuned!

Lohman446
02-23-2005, 11:56 AM
FYI I forgot the :p face on mine.. it was meant nicer than it sounded

AGDlover
02-23-2005, 05:14 PM
so whats the news with CSG and the jerseys?

Lohman446
02-24-2005, 09:10 AM
We have another player - no word on jerseys yet.. I'll get more excited after I get a few personal things settled next month about jerseys

Lohman446
02-25-2005, 01:27 PM
It was early February....and there will be a whole wealth of info ocming forward by Friday....

stay tuned!

Is that Friday in American time or Canadian time :D

:cheers:

Kevmaster
02-25-2005, 02:41 PM
Is that Friday in American time or Canadian time :D

:cheers:

friday in Kevin-Time.

and that is Monday in real time.

what can i say...its a one man show...im slightly overwhelmed. I was on the phone much more tha i expected and dont have the time to write the pr and finalize the website

Lohman446
02-25-2005, 02:49 PM
friday in Kevin-Time.

and that is Monday in real time.

what can i say...its a one man show...im slightly overwhelmed. I was on the phone much more tha i expected and dont have the time to write the pr and finalize the website

Its all good, just harassing you man :D . I'll even buy you a drink at the event :cheers:

Cameo
02-25-2005, 10:01 PM
Its all good, just harassing you man :D . I'll even buy you a drink at the event :cheers:

hmm didn't they have Iron City and IC light last year? think they will bring out the aluminum bottles? :cheers:

Kevmaster
02-26-2005, 12:17 AM
hmm didn't they have Iron City and IC light last year? think they will bring out the aluminum bottles? :cheers:

check out what we got now!

Athius
02-26-2005, 01:25 PM
$100 for 2k paintballs! Holy crap!! :eek:

Lohman446
02-26-2005, 08:00 PM
A few updates on teh first page, particularly this one. Let me know if you are affected by this, your ability to play, your ability to be there, or just think this is being unfair in how I am doing it.

Team $500 I must have registration fees in by June 5th. May 15th is going to be the due date for players to have this to me. At this point we are going to wrongly assume $100 per player (in case we have a couple not be able to do it). At this point and time I have 7 players signed up If all of us decide to play we will be down to $75 per player and I will refund any extra you pay. I will start taking payment for hotel and registration on April 1st. I will handle paypal fees for the transactions and post payments made on this board.

dj89
02-26-2005, 08:50 PM
I'm going to get a room with my mom and dad, so I do not need a bed.

Lohman446
02-26-2005, 08:55 PM
Got it... will consider going down to one room shortly here

Kevmaster
02-27-2005, 01:45 AM
Lets GO AO!

Cameo
02-27-2005, 08:30 PM
Got it... will consider going down to one room shortly here
do i still get a space? hope so, nothing more entralling then sharing a room with 3 guys :)

Creative Mayhem
02-27-2005, 08:45 PM
do i still get a space? hope so, nothing more entralling then sharing a room with 3 guys :)

BAH!!! Why would you want to stay with little boys.... Come room with AFTICA:D

AGDlover
02-27-2005, 08:52 PM
i too my get my own room with my mom

ntn4502
02-27-2005, 08:53 PM
we need a bigger room, the keg and jager machince are killing the party space

Cameo
02-28-2005, 12:43 AM
BAH!!! Why would you want to stay with little boys.... Come room with AFTICA:D
cause you did not offer me a place to sleep that includes cuddles :p

Lohman446
02-28-2005, 06:56 AM

Of course you do - room 1, bed 1, space B :D Ok... you get whatever space you want - and yes, not a problem at all for a space

AGDlover
03-12-2005, 12:58 PM
up still lookin for the 8th member

Lohman446
03-21-2005, 06:27 PM
I want a co-captain for all of this. Just in case something goes wrong where I am late or something of that nature

Cameo
03-21-2005, 11:52 PM
I want a co-captain for all of this. Just in case something goes wrong where I am late or something of that nature

sorry can't help you there.. the most I can do is room with y'all (and i am even getting slack for that). :confused:

Lohman446
03-28-2005, 02:58 PM
Ok folks, registration is going to be due, I said I would start taking payments on April first, at this point I am going to start. Entrance fee is $100 per player - $500 per team. As I noted before, if we end up with extra players I will refund the difference back to you so we all pay the same amount. At this point I am assuming five players to pay - like I said, we can take more and refund if needed.

guysdaman
03-28-2005, 04:26 PM
okay...100 clams what about the room fee's...?

Lohman446
03-28-2005, 04:36 PM
Room fees I can do up to lets say fifteen days ahead of time - I have it held so thats no big deal, Im concerned with the team limit on entrance is all :D If you want to do room its whatever spot you claimed (I may give an equal spot if you have a bed in room two and I vacate a bed in room 1). Whatevers on the first page

Lohman446
03-28-2005, 06:09 PM
CHANGE TO FIRST POST

I have changed the hotel reservations - they are now from Wednesday the 27th through Saturday morning the 30th. I thought this worked since we are playing the 28th and 29th and will save us all some money

I put it down to a single team room for now - and gave everyone who had a spot so far a spot. I will be bringing someone and will get my own room.

AGDlover
03-28-2005, 08:11 PM
OK i'llsee if i can get you some green but chances are slim since i'm allready paying 60-70 to have my gun and warp worked with Havoc so if i have to pay i'll talk to my mom and ya i'll get out money

AGDlover
03-28-2005, 08:43 PM
ok my bad i'll get the 100 for my entry um so whos gonna be covering the 500 for team??

Lohman446
03-28-2005, 08:45 PM
Guy = $100 of the $500
Me = $100 of the $500
You = $100 of the $500

and so forth... if everyone who has expressed interest pays, then we will all get back a little bit of funds... at this poitn iM taking $100 each so at five we can register and add to our roster if we get more

Paypal address is Lohman446@aol.com - it is a business address so you can use credit card or whatever. I will cover all paypal fees for the transactions. I will post payments here so everyone knows IM keeping things above board.

AGDlover
03-28-2005, 08:50 PM
oh i thought you said it was 100 from each player to play and then there was a seperate 500 team entry

AGDlover
03-29-2005, 03:53 PM
well i check up on my air fairs and it should be relitively cheep mine is going to be like $88 round trip. I will be going a day early and staying a day late. I'm going to need who ever posted that they would be able to take tanks if they needed to be shiped out at IAO. to contact me VIA PM or email and to give me there address so i can really start planing ahead

Cameo
03-30-2005, 01:04 AM
CHANGE TO FIRST POST

I have changed the hotel reservations - they are now from Wednesday the 27th through Saturday morning the 30th. I thought this worked since we are playing the 28th and 29th and will save us all some money

I put it down to a single team room for now - and gave everyone who had a spot so far a spot. I will be bringing someone and will get my own room.

wait I thought i was in room one bed 1 spot 2?? :confused: where would that put me now?

Anyone that needs to ship gear is more then welcome to ship to my place...I live less then 10 minutes from the field.
Stephani Steele
115 Paradise Lane
Butler, PA 16002

Lohman446
03-30-2005, 07:00 AM
wait I thought i was in room one bed 1 spot 2?? :confused: where would that put me now?

Anyone that needs to ship gear is more then welcome to ship to my place...I live less then 10 minutes from the field.
Stephani Steele
115 Paradise Lane
Butler, PA 16002

Your in room 1 :) Whereve you want as far as space :D

AGDlover
03-30-2005, 12:19 PM
Stephani Steele
115 Paradise Lane
Butler, PA 16002

OK so will you be there at IAO and your gonna find us? or will we have to come to you?

AGDlover
03-30-2005, 04:34 PM
any possable that if our team or atleast a magority comes early we could do a little praticeing to see how we all play with eatchother?

Muzikman
03-30-2005, 08:53 PM
OK so will you be there at IAO and your gonna find us? or will we have to come to you?

She will be at IAO...or better be:)

If ya want you can ship stuff to my place too. I already have a few tanks coming in. If you do want to ship to me, please drop me a PM.

Cameo
03-31-2005, 12:38 AM
I will be there with bells on :clap: Just look for th chick wondeering around helplessly trying to get cute guys attention. :p
Anyone who does need to ship to my place I will give them my number (just don't prank to much, it messes up the out put for my 1-900 number). My house is virutally on the same road as the place where IAO is held, just 9 miles east of it, my driving time is maybe 5 minutes (yours might be longer). Depends on your car. :rofl:

guysdaman
03-31-2005, 12:46 AM
any possable that if our team or atleast a magority comes early we could do a little praticeing to see how we all play with eatchother?

Now that sounds like a good plan! I need as much lead time as possible to schedule leave from work!

AGDlover
03-31-2005, 02:12 PM
ya it would give us a little time to pratice so we dont come on game day going "WHAT THAT *$%%$ WERE YOU DOING!!!!?????" so we can work out all the flaws it would just be better for the team.

Cameo- PM me with your # i'll be sending you 2 tanks

AGDlover
03-31-2005, 04:47 PM
hey guy - you'll probly be one of the few ppl who will know what i'm saying but what the hell oh sry if i spell everything wrong
Ech ronan onan di hosa

guysdaman
04-01-2005, 01:00 AM
hey guy - you'll probly be one of the few ppl who will know what i'm saying but what the hell oh sry if i spell everything wrong
Ech ronan onan di hosa

I feel ya brotha! Too many peps are worried about spelling on a freeking internet forum...now for all you flamers this is not directed at anybody in particular. ;)

I do think it is sad that i have to include that so no one gets there feelings hurt. :rofl:

Lohman446
04-01-2005, 09:27 AM
ya it would give us a little time to pratice so we dont come on game day going "WHAT THAT *$%%$ WERE YOU DOING!!!!?????"

Hmm... my normal team asks me this all the time, despite literal years of practice together. Wonder if thats a bad sign

AGDlover
04-01-2005, 05:48 PM
it may be a good thing since now we're all comeing together as one and talking about how we want to play this out

Cameo
04-01-2005, 06:48 PM
Hmm... my normal team asks me this all the time, despite literal years of practice together. Wonder if thats a bad sign

Just in case you guys missed the point of the Ownders Group Division, it is created mostly for enjoyment. None of the teams will have a chance to get together and practice, they are all going to be in the same boat as you.Last year SPORTSMANSHIP is the utmost importance as is fellowship with fellow paintballers in a non-extreeme"win at all costs fashion". You will have time to walk to fields with your team and can decide then or that night where everyone should head. Granted winning is always nice, but it is more fun just to play with a slight level of compotion. :shooting:
That being said, anyone that does not give me a hug will be my first "target" heehee :rofl: ((hugs)) to everyone
~steph

AGDlover
04-01-2005, 08:11 PM
*gives Cameo a huge hug* lol

Kevmaster
04-01-2005, 10:00 PM
the sporstmanship prize did last year and will continue to dwarf the first plcae prize

AGDkidz99
04-02-2005, 08:32 PM
just 2 let you all know the new agd kidz team might play at IAO if brian terry decides yes dont know wut we ll play but as of right now 5 man, Also wish us luck a we played the ultiimate madness today and tommorrow we play 2 more games and hopefully win those 2 advance 2 the finals.

AGDlover
04-02-2005, 10:13 PM
wate i might know someone on kids what kinda of gun do you have?

ntn4502
04-03-2005, 01:23 AM
the sporstmanship prize did last year and will continue to dwarf the first plcae prize

BAH! Screw last place! :rofl:

Cameo
04-03-2005, 04:44 AM
BAH! Screw last place! :rofl:

make fun all you want but who was it that gout thier team pic in apg? who got a nice profiler and an ok mongoose and a totally cool medal? I am proud of what i won in my very first tourney (especially since the first time i had shot a marker was 10 minutes before i went on the field). :D
and yes I am gloating :dance: :dance: :dance:

AGDlover
04-04-2005, 05:36 PM
ok so whos pod *****ing??? i got my bud chimples thats coming with poding for me

Lohman446
04-05-2005, 10:45 PM
Is everyone good on getting there portion of the entrance fee by May 15th?

Lohman446
04-05-2005, 10:46 PM
ok so whos pod *****ing??? i got my bud chimples thats coming with poding for me

I normally only shoot a pod, sometimes two in a game.. not an issue. Though I am bringing someone along I am sure I can train to fill pods :D

ntn4502
04-05-2005, 10:50 PM
we usually had time to fill inbetween games, but I'd keep a couple extra full incase

dj89
04-05-2005, 11:03 PM
I'v been with out power sence saterday night, so alot o stuff has happend. One i got my truck, it a 1999 chevy 1500 4x4 etc cab short box z71 all the good stuff.

http://img240.exs.cx/img240/2686/mvc001f0iq.jpg
http://img240.exs.cx/img240/2807/mvc002f6zj.jpg

A few trees fell close to the house, some how i ended up paying the guy to take the trees.

So money is coming slow, but im going to look in my extra paypal acount and see what i can come up with.

zackzel
04-06-2005, 12:50 PM
Is everyone good on getting there portion of the entrance fee by May 15th?

Yeah I'll have it to you by may 15th

AGDlover
04-07-2005, 08:30 PM
ya i'll get your your damn dirty money lol
ok guys after speeking with loh we are NOT praticeing a day early
Um as for a question to Loh- Have you started filling out the regastration fourm yet?

Lohman446
04-07-2005, 09:10 PM
I have not yet... it needs to go in with money as i understand it... Ill look into it

Cameo
04-08-2005, 02:31 AM

I will be more then happy to lend out my Boy child for this task. He is just learning about paintball and what better way to teach him responciblity then to pod paint all day :clap: All I ask is that every other sentance spoken to him be "And you know safety is the number one rule of paint ball"

~steph

AGDlover
04-08-2005, 03:21 PM
wow cameo i didnt know you had 2 kids you only told me about your daughter

Thordic
04-08-2005, 03:23 PM
Has either child been trained in how to properly fetch and open a paintball soda?

rkjunior303
04-08-2005, 03:45 PM
Has either child been trained in how to properly fetch and open a paintball soda?

the man speaks the truth

AGDlover
04-18-2005, 07:46 PM
Uping it since it hasnt been seen in a while

Cameo
04-18-2005, 09:36 PM

Dear Sweet Forgetfull Thordic,
I am a bartender...Of course they do, coupld probleby mix ya a mean martini if you asked :cheers:

~steph

Lohman446
04-18-2005, 09:39 PM
I am a bartender...Of course they do, coupld probleby mix ya a mean martini if you asked :cheers:

~steph

Screw Thordic then.. there on my team

AGDlover
04-19-2005, 07:19 PM
ok well since we should be in the hotel atleast a day before what about all of us (the whole team) gather in somebodys room and we all get to know eachother (no not that way you sick perves)but like just kinda talk about how we play and just sit down and see whats up with everyone and talk about any conserns that may be learking.

guysdaman
04-20-2005, 12:46 AM
All i'm gonna need to know is where's the beer and all the honey's!

AGDlover
04-20-2005, 05:38 AM
All i'm gonna need to know is where's the beer and all the honey's!

lol

Thordic
04-20-2005, 09:44 AM

~steph

You got a couple months to teach them how to make a good manhattan. :)

Creative Mayhem
04-20-2005, 01:44 PM

Don't forget the OFFICIAL IAO OG Drink.... THE CARBOMB :D

guysdaman
04-20-2005, 01:45 PM
woof those are rough!

Lohman446
04-20-2005, 01:47 PM
I have not seen any funds from anyone to paypal at this point. By May 15th I need at least four other players to have paid and confirmed there spot. I know many of use are just waiting.... lets not make it last minute guys

guysdaman
04-20-2005, 02:06 PM
I have not seen any funds from anyone to paypal at this point. By May 15th I need at least four other players to have paid and confirmed there spot. I know many of use are just waiting.... lets not make it last minute guys

Check your paypal.... ;)

Lohman446
04-20-2005, 02:16 PM
Thanks, updated first post to show

guysdaman
04-20-2005, 02:19 PM
how much do you need for the room...i know the original dates changed and we are down to one room now right?

Lohman446
04-20-2005, 02:21 PM
how much do you need for the room...i know the original dates changed and we are down to one room now right?

That is correct... let me wait until after I have paid registration to make sure I am right on teh rooms, and then I will collect it. If thats ok with you

guysdaman
04-20-2005, 02:50 PM
sounds good

AGDlover
04-20-2005, 03:29 PM
ya i'll remind my mom tonight to send 100 out to ya

AGDlover
04-20-2005, 03:50 PM
Don't forget the OFFICIAL IAO OG Drink.... THE CARBOMB :D

lol i'm uh...14 15 at IAO eh screw it

Cameo
04-20-2005, 04:29 PM

Burbon or whiskey??
regular, sweet or perfect??
rocks or up?? how many cherries??

Don't forget the OFFICIAL IAO OG Drink.... THE CARBOMB

drink fast or it curdles... ick :spit_take

Cameo
04-20-2005, 04:32 PM
That is correct... let me wait until after I have paid registration to make sure I am right on teh rooms, and then I will collect it. If thats ok with you

Not sure if i will be rooming. but I will get a space anyhow if there is one available. If I don't take it then I am sure my brother will want to be where the action is... :) :shooting:

AGDlover
04-20-2005, 04:33 PM
Not sure if i will be rooming. but I will get a space anyhow if there is one available. If I don't take it then I am sure my brother will want to be where the action is... :) :shooting:

*hand shoots in the air* CAN I ROOM WITH HER!!!???

AGDlover
04-20-2005, 06:41 PM
Lohman i need your PP address

Lohman446
04-20-2005, 08:05 PM
Lohman i need your PP address

:) Lohman446@aol.com

Thordic
04-21-2005, 08:07 AM
Burbon or whiskey??
regular, sweet or perfect??
rocks or up?? how many cherries??

I like whiskey manhattans, sweet & straight up. One cherry :) But I've banned myself from drinking them due to some very hazy nights :)

rkjunior303
04-21-2005, 08:11 AM
I like whiskey manhattans, sweet & straight up. One cherry :) But I've banned myself from drinking them due to some very hazy nights :)

as long as no one is getting married @ IAO, Thor should be ok...

Creative Mayhem
04-21-2005, 08:52 AM
as long as no one is getting married @ IAO, Thor should be ok...

BWAHAHAHAAAA

Thordic
04-21-2005, 09:05 AM
:( I still refuse to look at the pictures.

Robbie
04-21-2005, 02:43 PM
i just checked the iao schedule and the owners group starts playing thurs 12 pm
and finishes on friday
7 man starts 7:30 friday morning it looks like you cannot play both.
I gave a call over to events and they are looking into this horrible injustice. ha

Lohman446
04-21-2005, 02:58 PM
The idea of the OG is not to have highly competetive players. Due to restrictions it is considered unlikely (though possible) that someone would be playing in both the seven man and OG

Kevmaster
04-21-2005, 03:11 PM
i just checked the iao schedule and the owners group starts playing thurs 12 pm
and finishes on friday
7 man starts 7:30 friday morning it looks like you cannot play both.
I gave a call over to events and they are looking into this horrible injustice. ha

Robbie..

it more than likely can be arranged. owners group actually has prelims all day thursday and then our finals are on friday. your 7-man is on friday. we'll be as accomodating as possible to fit our finals schedule around a 7-man schedule. We'll have time to move games 20minutes one way or th other friday.

call debra at TEE and talk to her about it. we'll figure something out if we need to

rkjunior303
04-21-2005, 03:12 PM
The idea of the OG is not to have highly competetive players. Due to restrictions it is considered unlikely (though possible) that someone would be playing in both the seven man and OG

it's a tournament with teams fielding players from owners groups. no one can live closer than 50 miles to each other. no one can be on a Pro roster in 2005. etc.

*edit* corrected what I said -- i butchered my sentence.

AGDlover
04-21-2005, 03:19 PM
ya what Rk said so we cant bring friends to play with

Robbie
04-21-2005, 04:15 PM
I just got off the phone with ryan from the iao and they did say they would make the schedule work. yeah yeah
i also spoke with kevin from the og he said the team list is capped at 16 teams.
and you cant have more than 2 people living within a 50 mile radius.
and the trigger rod thing may not be an issue. ( xmags)

AGDlover
04-21-2005, 04:29 PM
oh so it doesnt need to be removed?

Robbie
04-21-2005, 04:43 PM
I think it can be left in. it will be left to your own integrity not to be playing in hybred mode since that would be illegal. It is an owners group tourney your there to represent AGD and it would be embarrassing to be out there knowing you are cheating. So there will be a level of trust given.

Kevmaster
04-21-2005, 10:33 PM
oh so it doesnt need to be removed?

lets be practical. Im willing to assume honesty until proven otherwise. So, yes, you may leave the pin in. That said, triggers that function illegally will not be allowed. If you have it in straight electro when entering the game, and switch to hybrid during the game, you will face a MUCH MORE SEVERE punishment than in most tournaments. Likely ejection from the event...no 2 for 1 bs here.

So, yeah, we assume you are ALL doing the right thing. However, eff up and the punishment is much harsher

dj89
04-21-2005, 10:43 PM
lets be practical. Im willing to assume honesty until proven otherwise. So, yes, you may leave the pin in. That said, triggers that function illegally will not be allowed. If you have it in straight electro when entering the game, and switch to hybrid during the game, you will face a MUCH MORE SEVERE punishment than in most tournaments. Likely ejection from the event...no 2 for 1 bs here.

So, yeah, we assume you are ALL doing the right thing. However, eff up and the punishment is much harsher

Thank god I did not want to take it out.

Creative Mayhem
04-22-2005, 06:53 AM
Small note on this Hybrid topic.... depending on input you will not have illegal reactivity, of course, you crank it up, and it will be illegal and you should be ejected. This division is for fun, we don't need cheaters like last year, no names...

I wonder if they liked their T-shirts:)

Kevmaster
04-22-2005, 11:02 AM
Mayhem makes a good point.

ntn4502
04-22-2005, 02:11 PM
*me holds the trigger for two seconds on his dm4..."ok you can check it"

jk

Robbie
04-22-2005, 08:03 PM
it is true of most guns they can be set up to ramp & bounce and yes there are boards you can hold the trigger turn off the eyes and the gun is capped.it is integrity that seperates the players and a stiff penalty that punishes those without it. It is nice to know it is not a point deduction but removal from the tourney for cheaters.
It should be a great tourney all around.
I have talked to a fair amount of people and they seem to be making a huge effort for the 15th anniversery.

AGDlover
04-22-2005, 08:09 PM
ya i know i wont be cheating i really never have never wiped never threw my gun into hybrid except for once since my lvl10 locked up and i had to pop it out but i went back to ripping in Emode after that

AGDlover
04-22-2005, 09:36 PM
Lohman you have paypal!!