PDA

View Full Version : Something is INSIDE my flatline tank! Wasn't there before I filled!

n1mr0d
11-11-2001, 03:54 PM
Plus, the on/off doesn't work. I'm assuming when AGD fixed it [thursday] that they forgot to do something with the on/off and there's some sort of bearing rolling around in there. It definitely wasn't there before I filled, and nothing that big could have gotten in the tank.

X-Plosive
11-11-2001, 04:02 PM
I believe that in the version 2.0 flatline tanks they installed a little ball inside the tank to stop the airline from whipping when it gets that sudden burst of air. I wouldn't really know though. I think i just remembr this from someone at my field. I have a flatline 1.0 tank:( As far as the on/off, what is the problem?

n1mr0d
11-11-2001, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by X-Plosive
I believe that in the version 2.0 flatline tanks they installed a little ball inside the tank to stop the airline from whipping when it gets that sudden burst of air. I wouldn't really know though. I think i just remembr this from someone at my field. I have a flatline 1.0 tank:( As far as the on/off, what is the problem?

hmm....they seem to have replaced the old on/off with an 'on' if you get what i mean. :D

Webmaster
11-11-2001, 09:17 PM
He is right about the little rattle - My old one doest have it - my new ones does - its part of a safety device.

As for not turning off - how do you know? Has it been empty and you tried to fill it? Did you make sure you filled it from the FILL nipple - I have nipples on the input and out put and once in awhile I get some monkey trying to use the imporoper nipple...

n1mr0d
11-11-2001, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Webmaster
He is right about the little rattle - My old one doest have it - my new ones does - its part of a safety device.

As for not turning off - how do you know? Has it been empty and you tried to fill it? Did you make sure you filled it from the FILL nipple - I have nipples on the input and out put and once in awhile I get some monkey trying to use the imporoper nipple...

filled FROM the nipple......i only have one. the on/off is now an 'on' if you get what i mean. i was about to degass my gun and put it away, and i had about 1500psi left, turned it off, pulled the trigger about 10 times realized the velocity wasn't dropping of AT ALL, and realized the tank wasn't turning off.

that ain't good. and that rattle is kind of annoying.

BlackVCG
11-11-2001, 09:49 PM
Hmm... if anything they might have forgot the on/off o-ring. Which is really bad because that's not something most people can replace themself. I don't know what to say other than to call AGD again.

n1mr0d
11-11-2001, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by BlackVCG
Hmm... if anything they might have forgot the on/off o-ring. Which is really bad because that's not something most people can replace themself. I don't know what to say other than to call AGD again.

can you confirm the thingy inside the tank as well? it sounds like something the size of a copper BB.

BlackVCG
11-11-2001, 10:24 PM
Yes, it's inbetween the on/off valve and the reg piston. It's a silver ball that prevents the system from blowing out a full 3k psi if the front reg. is taken off and the on/off is turned on with air in the tank. It's just a safety check ball. It's suppose to be there. If it really annoys you, drain the tank, take off the front reg and put some oil on it. You'll see it in the middle hole of the black part of the reg still attached to the tank. The oil will keep it from rattling around as much. I never notice it unless I'm actually shaking the tank.

AGD
11-11-2001, 11:43 PM
The backcheck ball can not get into the tank, something else is wrong. Please send it in asap.

AGD

n1mr0d
11-12-2001, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by AGD
The backcheck ball can not get into the tank, something else is wrong. Please send it in asap.

AGD

Thank you Tom. I'm assuming it has to be a part of the on/off assembly in the reg.