PDA

View Full Version : mQ valve explain for me plz

zazzoo
01-14-2005, 12:41 AM
sry not to smart in paintball at the moment trying to learn :) can u explain what this mQvalve does ty

Enemy
01-14-2005, 01:10 AM
search button works wonders.. but since im already typing basically it is a selonoid valve that replaces the hammer in cockers making the moving mass so much less!! theres more to it try paintball balistix site it has explanations of everything cocker is the first version to be released but there will be more!!

Dayspring
01-14-2005, 09:38 AM
It's new valve technology. Never used in paintball before.

In the cocker version, it will replace all the lower tube parts. That includes the lug, hammer, springs, valve. All of it. It will reduce kick, and make whatever electro grip it's paired with a total "muppet mower." We've gotten the PBX cocker version shooting at 31+bps WITH PAINT.

www.pbxbattlezone.com/forums

Go there for all your mQvalve questions.

PBX Ronin 23
01-14-2005, 01:16 PM
The Skinny

The mQ-Valve is a proprietary valved designed, developed, manufactured by PBX Ballistix Lab. It's an electronic main firing valve that, for now, replaces the Nelson-style poppet valve, hammer, sear, lug and all the related springs that is located in the lower tube of an autococking gun. The overvall size of the working parts takes up significantly less space than the conventional internals that is currently used in these type of gun. Platformed on this type of gun, the mQ-Valve has the quickest Lock Time of any paintball gun out there.

The advantage is that unlike all the other electronic gun designs out there now, it doesn't require a solenoid to power/actuate a secondary mechanism. Also the level of fine-tuneability is an unheard of increment of 0.25mS. The speed factor is also enhance with the use of this valve.

The technology can be platformed in a variety of ways. In an AGD spec body, it can be encased in a cylinder the same size as an AGD valve and connected directly onto the electronic board and power source. Platformed in this manner, it will function basically in the same manner as a blow-forward gun

In essence, this new technology gives the paintball gun designer more latittude in terms of component placement while also providing him with increased performance capabilities. The possibilities are endless

I hope that this explanation is adequate. We thank you for your inquiry.

thecavemankevin
01-14-2005, 03:01 PM
when can we expect to see these mQ released to mags? and other markers?

bballe336
01-14-2005, 03:39 PM
yeah i cant wait for the mag one. but anyways will i still be able to use lvlx with it?

FSU_Paintball
01-14-2005, 03:57 PM
Release for the cocker version is imminent.

Other markers are probably at least a few months down the line

Vendetta
01-14-2005, 04:37 PM
The Skinny

It's an electronic main firing valve that, for now, replaces the Nelson-style poppet valve,

So my SI Busmaster will soon be mQ'ed! :shooting:

PBX Ronin 23
01-14-2005, 05:08 PM
LOL. Funny you should mention pumps. There's a guys on A.I.R. that want to mQ a super funky sniper set-up. It would be pretty cool I thinK.

Jack & Coke
01-24-2005, 11:16 PM
yeah i cant wait for the mag one. but anyways will i still be able to use lvlx with it?

Good question...

will LvL 10 still work?

jamescell
01-24-2005, 11:21 PM
I wouldn't think so. My understanding is that it doesnt use any agd part. It would how ever implement an eye system.

Lurker27
01-25-2005, 12:20 AM
Actually I think the agg mag would work by dumping for ~3ms into the chamber at reg psi, which forces the bolt forward and releases the air. one it's all vented, the spring resets the bolt.

No on/off or sear in play, not possible with a 'noid due to inherent flow restrictions.

But that's just me.

PBX Ronin 23
01-25-2005, 12:50 AM
Good thinking for a rising Junior who can't even legally buy alcohol....lol.

Lurker27
01-25-2005, 11:06 AM
Well, Freshman With Junior standing. :ninja:

PBX Ronin 23
01-25-2005, 11:17 AM
LOL.....I stand corrected.