PDA

View Full Version : Why Wont my Mag use Oilless Paintballs?

pyro45
11-11-2001, 04:07 PM
Once again i want to just throw my gun off a cliff cause i cant get PMI premium or Marbs anymore and it seems like every single brand of paintball availible to me has the oiless gritty shell. These balls despite wheather or not i use small, med, or large bore allways jam when they hit my feed plug in my Power feed so after that point they just kind of bobble down in and get shattered in rapid fire> Then I tried shooting them slowly and bolt simply tears them apart no matter what the velovity is. It apears to be the new PMI's, brass eagles(not that i use them), Diablos and some other unlabled brand at the feild that are all makeing these new and horrid oiless paintballs. Today I set a personal BBPS(Ball Broken Per Second) record at about 6 when i started frantically shooting to try and get just one ball to make it out of the barrell to try and clean it out a little so i could keep playing...Othen than selling my gun, what can i do?

JanStah
11-11-2001, 04:39 PM
I feel for you man.

I had the same with my RT when I had it.

Strangely, I also got this with my Angel when RPS advantage first came out.

My advice, send the mag in to be looked at. That paint chopping thing really annoyed me; I found out after I'd sold it that a friend of mine with the same problem sent his RT off to AGDUK and got it fixed up. It now shoots sweet as anything.

Jan.

BlackVCG
11-11-2001, 04:40 PM
Are you using the parabolic PF plug and if so, is it adjusted so it hangs over the corner of the breech hole by about 1/16"?

pyro45
11-11-2001, 05:43 PM
I'm using the stock plug that came with the gun,,,,

How would i go about sending it in to AGD?

t2m6c1
11-11-2001, 05:54 PM
Maybe there is somthing wrong with your gun. I love the new RPS advantage paint. I have shot allstars, marbalizer and my personal favorite JT (RPS makes it for JT) without any problems.

Check your nubbin. Maybe it has a sharp edge on it snagging the paint or letting it doubble feed. And get the new feed plug. Hopefully this will solve your problems.

magking1971
11-11-2001, 05:54 PM
I don't know If it the gun or not.
I was using pmi and can not get it to shoot out of anything I own.
It won't work in my mag, Impulse or phantom so maybe its the paint.

pyro45
11-11-2001, 06:23 PM
Well i hope its not the gun, cause i tried selling it before and it is just sooo much hassle,, i dont want to get rid of it,, but i cant even go over the chrono without breaking now.

BlackVCG
11-11-2001, 07:13 PM
First, get a parabolic PF plug from AGD and try that. It's free if you have your gun registered. The feed plug does not have the flat spot on it that caused feeding issues, especially with the Warp. If on the handle of the feed plug you have now it does NOT have two holes for set screws, then you don't have the parabolic PF plug and you need to get it. This should be the first thing you try.

Russ
11-11-2001, 07:22 PM
Is the paint pink by any chance? There was a real bad batch of pink PMI premiums going around.

Also, once you break or chop a ball, you really need to stop shooting and clear out the goo. When you just keep shooting, it only gets worse. :(

Sounds like your feed plug isn't adjusted properly, though.

pyro45
11-11-2001, 08:31 PM
I'll see what i can do about a new plug,, and no it wasn't pink,, and i'm not a newbie,, its a plug,, if its in all the way and turned strait then its adjusted as its getting, comeone now, its a feed plug.

joeyjoe367
11-12-2001, 02:06 AM
From my Experience, ALL PMI paintballs aren't so great right now. I shot about 1/2 case of Pink and blue/orange and they were BOTH giving me problems.

I'm going this weekend with some Diablo Blaze. I hope that PAINT was my problem because my .700 barrel is definatley not the problem and my Detent is 'Cocker, and it seemed to be working fine.

(Z-body, btw)

manike
11-12-2001, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by pyro45
and i'm not a newbie,, its a plug,, if its in all the way and turned strait then its adjusted as its getting, comeone now, its a feed plug.

Just checking that you do have the new plug with the adjusting set screws right? Because if you can only adjust your plug by putting it in and turning it straight then you do not.

Ring up AGD and get the new parabolic feed plug with adjusting set screws and then set it up so the plug comes about 1/16" past the hole the paint drops intop the breech via.

See there are more ways to adjust your plug :)

manike

FaSSt
11-12-2001, 01:42 PM
My field paint is the RPS "dry" stuff, and it works great in my E-Mag. It also worked just as well in my old Retro Mag.

FeelTheRT
11-12-2001, 03:31 PM
i had a chance to use some oilless paint in my Mag before i got rid of it. It seemed just fine.

sbikeclix
11-12-2001, 05:56 PM
i used some pmi premiums a couple months back w/ the starch shell. i managed to hit 0 people that day, for may paint was flying everywhere except where i wanted it to go. i swore to myself that i would never use the starch shell again.
but i got some of this paint for my birday 3 wks ago. i used it in my sp terdrop barrel, only a couple breaks, it worked really well. i also used allstar and flash in my j&j, it worked even better. i think that there are just some really bad batches goin around

Riot[Z-Grip]
11-12-2001, 06:45 PM
I have shot nothing but the new RPS stuff out of my mag. They don't even break when I short-stroke. Maybe you have a slight burr or something on the end of your bolt for some reason, the non-dry paint seemed to give a little more to me, and wouldn't have been affected. Probably not even close, but a possibility nonetheless.

-Riot

Automager
11-14-2001, 03:59 PM
Hey if you have some paint with oil in it just mix the paint and it will shoot fine.