PDA

View Full Version : MaxFlow help...

padiwack
01-14-2005, 12:29 PM
as some of you know, i got a maxflow tank. I assumed it would be HP because he said he had it set at 500psi, but turns out the gauge only goes up to 700psi. what parts do i need to make it HP or where could i send it in to? Is it hard to make the change if i worked on it myself? And im not familiar with the way it mounts, im used to the screw-in compressed air tanks.. do i need a cradle for it? any input would help, thanks.

Automaggot68
01-14-2005, 01:22 PM
as some of you know, i got a maxflow tank. I assumed it would be HP because he said he had it set at 500psi, but turns out the gauge only goes up to 700psi. what parts do i need to make it HP or where could i send it in to? Is it hard to make the change if i worked on it myself? And im not familiar with the way it mounts, im used to the screw-in compressed air tanks.. do i need a cradle for it? any input would help, thanks.

You need to buy a new spring.
I would say to contact smart Parts directly, and I'm sure they'd hoook you up. Just tell them that you need a high pressure spring for your Max Flow.

TheDuelist
01-14-2005, 03:46 PM
The maxflow has two different reg bodies. One for high pressure setups (says 4500 on the bottom) and one for low pressure setups (says shocker on the bottom). When I went form my matrix to my EMag I had to change the reg bodies to get the most out of the setup. Call Smart Parts and order the high pressure body and piston (and spring if it didn't come with your setup). It should run around $38 with shipping if I remember correctly.

Skywalker
01-14-2005, 04:01 PM
As for the way to mount it, I use the Shocktech "smart rail" and it allows for a very tight setup. It's almost like a unimount, but without the on/off. Shocktech also has a drop specifically made for the max-flo, which drops it like 2 inches and puts it forward around 3 inches. Both ways are extremely comfortable.