PDA

View Full Version : A Clockwork Orange and other SK movies.

X-Plosive
11-11-2001, 04:12 PM
Has anyone seen this movie? What are your oppinions on it? I have mixed emotions about this movie.....It has a framework story and then developes another story. Overall i really liked it but it's ending was a litle disappointing for me. Any comments on any other Stanley Kubrick films?

Day of the Fight

The Flying Padre

The Seafarers

Fear and Desire

Killer's Kiss

The Killing

Paths of Glory

Spartacus

Lolita

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

2001 A Space Odyssey

A Clockwork Orange

Barry Lyndon

The Shining

Full Metal Jacket

Eyes Wide Shut

these are all the movies that I believe he was involved in.

tsc
11-11-2001, 08:33 PM
FMJ rocks :) (of course, Army let me watch it when I was little..I'm scarred for life ;) )

Dr. Strangelove is cool

The Shining is neat

haven't seen the clockwork orange.

*phwoop*

Webmaster
11-11-2001, 09:41 PM
ready for a little ultra violence??

Clockwork orange is a masterpiece - and its message and meaning is a bit deep - you are supposed to be disturbed by the ending to a degree - others that i have seen

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb - one of my all time faves - a wonderful black comedy - "gentlemen - you cant fight in here - this is the war room!"

2001 A Space Odyssey - one of the more realistic sci fi filmes - just something stunning to witness "My god - its full of stars"

The Shining - "all work and now play makes jack a dull boy"- a great suspence flick! masterfull again!

Full Metal Jacket - what is probably the greatest vietnam film out there. A perfect display of how war is truely hell - "If they run, they're VC, if they dont, they're well discipline VC."

The killing is high on my list because its want inspired Tarentinos Reseviour dogs. Over all Kubrick I think is a master mind - maybe a bit out there -but still a master mind!

X-Plosive
11-12-2001, 01:17 AM
Yep, A clockwork orange works on a couple levels in my oppinion. You see the cruel institutionalism and the effects it has. I love that movie. Theres something about the narrator and the way he speaks...... As far as Full metal Jacket it is good but they seemed to focus a little too much on the training camp. It made me cry when they beat up Gomer Pile(Lawrence)while he was sleeping. What I still don't understadnd to this very day is the way that author replaced his wife with some hunky GUY....is he a body guard or is he something more? A clockwork orange really is amazing. I highly reccomend it if your'e mature enough.

Ni cD
11-12-2001, 09:37 AM
I was never really into his movies, but I love FMJ. The Shining was pretty good, too.

Have any of you guys seen The One yet? Now that is a movie...hehe...:)

Webmaster
11-12-2001, 09:52 AM
Yes - in Clockwork orange he got the Hunk to help protect him from any further assaults... a body guard...

SuperOrangeTicTac
11-12-2001, 04:41 PM
a clockwork orange is one of my favorite movies, if not my favorite. I sit in school a lot and think about them sitting in the milk bar. Awesome movie.

t2m6c1
11-12-2001, 04:46 PM
"Not going to school today mum got a bit of pain in the gulliver"

A Clockwork Orange is a great movie.
Who else thinks it would be cool to play paintball in the "milk bar"

Full Metal Jacket is also a great film.

Eyes Wide Shut.....sucked!