PDA

View Full Version : eBay Changes Policy on Paintball Marker Sales!

SlartyBartFast
01-14-2005, 02:00 PM
Maybe.... :confused:

Sent to eBay:

Why aren't paintball markers allowed to be sold from or too Canada.

That category is the only reason I signed up to eBay. Guess I won't be sticking
around long.

Hello,

Thanks for writing to us. My name is Dalhia, and I appreciate the
opportunity to assist you with your questions.

Although our Firearms Policy has undergone a few changes lately, we do
not restrict the sale of paintball markers in Canada. Canadian sellers
can offer paintball markers domestically within Canada, as well as to
the United States. Also, Canadian buyers can purchase paintball markers
from the United States.

That being said, there are some restrictions. Due to the laws of some
European countries, we no longer allow sellers to offer "Worldwide"
shipping for paint ball markers and related items. Also, please keep in
mind that paint ball markers that resemble real firearms and do not
display the permanently affixed orange markings are not permitted on our
site.

For more information on this policy, please view:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/firearms.html

Also, for your reference, the following link will provide information
about the listing of these items on the US based eBay.com site:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/firearms.html

I hope that I have been able to address your concerns. We are committed
to making your experiences at eBay pleasant and rewarding.

Regards,

Dalhia
eBay Trust and Safety

But if you check out the US rules page,

Note: The US sellers must offer only domestic shipping on these products, since offering global shipping will make the product available in countries where these items are prohibited.

US sellers are clealy limited to DOMESTIC shipping only.

I'm now asking "Dahlia" to clarify. Looks like I'm going to wait for the next reply..... :rolleyes:

TMAXXKING1
01-14-2005, 02:07 PM
the answer most people dont want to deal with the paper work at the po or ups ...
usps isnt to bad to deal with
ups is a pain in the well you know where ... they want all sorts of info like what is in the box
the person you are shipping to ... there info home phone number total value
ups bangs people on shipping ... they take forever to deliver it ..
most people get mad leave you crappy feedback for waiting so long ..

so most people dont want to be botherd with the paper work or the hassle ...

rkjunior303
01-14-2005, 02:13 PM
Good example, is Germany where our own Dan @ Triggernomics had a hell of a time regarding owning a paintball marker that wasn't licensed.....

Creative Mayhem
01-14-2005, 02:22 PM
The US sellers must offer only domestic shipping on these products, since offering global shipping will make the product available in countries where these items are prohibited

This is, as I read it, a general statement being directed to get people to verify the shipping of items to other countries that may, or ,may not have resrictions. Perfect example would be Germany, Canada however, is not one of those countries.

thecavemankevin
01-14-2005, 02:50 PM
Good example, is Germany where our own Dan @ Triggernomics had a hell of a time regarding owning a paintball marker that wasn't licensed.....

yes

SlartyBartFast
01-14-2005, 03:09 PM
This is, as I read it, a general statement being directed to get people to verify the shipping of items to other countries that may, or ,may not have resrictions. Perfect example would be Germany, Canada however, is not one of those countries.

Perhaps. But each time I request if a seller will ship to Canada, I am either ignored or they say it's against eBay policy, so they can't.

Creative Mayhem
01-14-2005, 03:11 PM
Perhaps. But each time I request if a seller will ship to Canada, I am either ignored or they say it's against eBay policy, so they can't.

If this is the case, then send them a copy of the email you recieved from Ebay on the matter. They will more than likely change thier minds

Deep Sixx
01-14-2005, 04:15 PM

Same. I've been looking at buying a cocker body for a Sniper project from Ebay. I was waiting until after Christmas when I had some extra cash. Now, no one will sell one to me.

This sucks. I'll have to find a used one.

sixx

FaSSt
01-14-2005, 09:38 PM
While I understand that eBay is walking a tightrope with trying to accomodate the different laws in different countries, I am beginning to genuinely despise their attitude. It reaks of appeasement.

Why do they go above and beyond what is legally required of them in being restrictive in categories such as firearms? For instance, I can't list an item if it fits an "assault rifle", such as an AR15. Now this could be something 100% non-regulated, such as a sling, or a sight, or even a grip. No matter. eBay will remove the listing.

And now paintball guns. I have zero sympathy for eBay.

I hope that they burn with a particularly bright blue flame in Politically Correct Hell :mad: :)

personman
01-14-2005, 09:58 PM
I got an email saying that they are also raising the listing fees :cry:

SlartyBartFast
01-17-2005, 05:49 PM
Well, Dahlia is full of it. :rolleyes:

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/marketing.shtml#2004-12-28091733

Just posted and clearly forbids sending Markers out of the US. :mad:

I haven't yet bought anything over eBay, so I'm a nood at this, but how can eBay have any control over who you send the item to anyways? :confused:

Need a third party Brokerage near the Border. Heck, if there was someone in the US between the border and Plattsburgh I could easily be the Canadian end. It's only a 45min drive from Montreal.

But, I don't think people would likely want to pay enough to make it worthwhile.

Can't access my web e-mail from work now and I have no internet at home, so I can't tell Dahlia what I think of her response or answer eBays survey question on the answer. :mad: :mad: :cuss: