PDA

View Full Version : Shartley Customs hits PB2X Magazine

shartley
01-14-2005, 03:02 PM
Some of you may find this of interest. Just the other day it was brought to my attention that in the latest issue of PB2X there was a shot of some of my stuff. It was in an article about EMR’s Castle Conquest 18 game written by Amy "the Girl" Chantry (who also took the pictures for the article).

The picture is of several players standing around and the one on the far left (as you look at it) is wearing one of my Jerseys as well as one of my Ban-Dus (although you can only see part of it). The player’s name is Sean “Chaos” Matthews. I actually got to meet him this past year when he visited a local field in my neck of the woods.

I have seen my stuff posted online at many places showing event photos but I believe this may be the first time it has been in print nationwide. But of course that may not be correct, after all you never know.

I have permission by both PB2X and Amy Chantry to post this picture. But I invite those interested to stop in at the PB2X website ( http://www.pb2x.com/ ) or pick up a copy at your favorite bookstore or paintball shop to read the article!

cphilip
01-14-2005, 03:26 PM
Nice Shartley!

As you know.... I quit reading that nothing rag... ;)

justjoshin590
01-14-2005, 05:05 PM
i met sean at fox4 in upton a few month back, cool guy

hitech
01-14-2005, 05:09 PM
Congratulations! :D

And phil, haven't you and Josh kissed and made up yet? :rofl:

Tunaman
01-14-2005, 05:12 PM
Congrats on moving up to the Bigtime! ;)

shartley
01-14-2005, 05:42 PM
Nice Shartley!

Ooops, I forgot about that. ;) But thanks.

i met sean at fox4 in upton a few month back, cool guy
Yes, he is a nice guy. I spent quite a lot of time talking with him (and others) one day. He has some very nice markers.

Thanks.

Congrats on moving up to the Bigtime! ;)
LOL Thanks. Yeah, it was as if I was totally unknown until this point. ;) But now I am going to Disneyland! Wanna come? ;)

PBX Ronin 23
01-14-2005, 06:06 PM
Nice! Nothing like free advertisement. Good luck Sam.

cphilip
01-14-2005, 06:10 PM
...And phil, haven't you and Josh kissed and made up yet? :rofl:

Not heard a peep from him ever.... so... no... not that there is anything he could say or do to change anything at this point.

Anyway... back on topic! :p

SCpoloRicker
01-14-2005, 07:58 PM

Ditto on the congrats! Doubtful on the "You had me at hello" scene.

1stdeadeye
01-14-2005, 08:24 PM
Nice Shartley!

Bwahahaha! Be nice, Josh didn't write that piece! ;)

Congrats Sam, you have been published!

phantomhitman
01-14-2005, 09:05 PM
congrats from a loyal customer!!

cphilip
01-14-2005, 09:07 PM

First I heard of that argument. Seemed to me he was on here defending parts of it.... and never disclaimed it... and it was on his very own site... Odd you would claim he didn't write it as if that was somehow better...

Forget it. This is not about that anyway. Just another magazine I just will not purchase is all. And another so called Journalist I got no faith in. It matters not anymore.

paintslinger
01-14-2005, 09:35 PM
awesome! the is one sexy jersey.

shartley
01-15-2005, 01:59 AM
Ditto on the congrats! Doubtful on the "You had me at hello" scene.
Thanks.

Congrats Sam, you have been published!
Well, Thanks! But Amy was actually published…. I think you are talking about my gear being published though, right? Yup then. Although like I said, it has been seen on many online publications and forums since I started, just never in nation wide print (to my knowledge). It is just different seeing it in print, isn’t it? :)

congrats from a loyal customer!!
Thank you very much. My customers are some of the best (if not THE best) around. I appreciate the support, after all it is you who keep me going.

First I heard of that argument. Seemed to me he was on here defending parts of it.... and never disclaimed it... and it was on his very own site... Odd you would claim he didn't write it as if that was somehow better...

Forget it. This is not about that anyway. Just another magazine I just will not purchase is all. And another so called Journalist I got no faith in. It matters not anymore.
I think 1DE might have been talking about Josh not writing the piece mentioned in this thread.

awesome! the is one sexy jersey.
Thanks a lot. I designed it so that it would straddle the line between speedball and woodsball. It seems to do quite well at that and gets great comments wherever it is seen. I have something else coming out in the next day or so that I think folks will like as well (not another jersey, but close… in a way.)

ADDED: Oops, I forgot one....

Thanks. And don't you know it. :)

GT
01-15-2005, 08:49 AM
maybe you can photoshop some arrows because I still dont see it?

shartley
01-15-2005, 08:58 AM
maybe you can photoshop some arrows because I still dont see it?What don't you see?

1stdeadeye
01-15-2005, 10:50 AM

No argument from me here. I was the target of the picture and caption remember? I was trying to be funny above.

BTW, I too canceled my subscription to PB2X!

AmyTheGirl
01-17-2005, 06:28 PM
Wow....this is has been an interesting introduction to your forum, here! Sorry to hear you guys aren't fans of the magazine but I was wondering if anybody actually READ the article before you began trashing it and the mag....and yes, I am just a player that started writing because I was digusted by the coverage in the mags..if you want to make a difference you have to put in the effort!
Amy The Girl

1stdeadeye
01-17-2005, 07:09 PM
Wow....this is has been an interesting introduction to your forum, here! Sorry to hear you guys aren't fans of the magazine but I was wondering if anybody actually READ the article before you began trashing it and the mag....and yes, I am just a player that started writing because I was digusted by the coverage in the mags..if you want to make a difference you have to put in the effort!
Amy The Girl

We are not trashing the article or the magazine. We just have some differences of opinion with the assistant editor. He published some things on his personal website that some of us (CPhil, myself, etc...) that was garbage.

Let's let it lie. I for one would rather not drudge it up.

tyrion2323
01-17-2005, 07:48 PM
Ugh...not this again.

Echo419
01-17-2005, 07:59 PM
Thats called Publicity

gc82000
01-17-2005, 08:53 PM
And Publicity gets yo known.

Shartley hope you can keep up with an influx of new people.

As for Amy, the opinions of a few can sway some but not all and dont take the tone of one or ppl as the tone for the rest.

Dman that makes me feel old. :D

AmyTheGirl
01-18-2005, 03:27 PM
Well, hey, what can I say...I try to be fair and write from all sides...buy you know how it goes...you can't please all of the people all of the time, right? :) We could quote these kind of phrases for days!
Amy The Girl..

WARPED1
01-18-2005, 07:56 PM
And just what am I looking at thats a Shartley product?

cphilip
01-18-2005, 09:25 PM
Amy The Girl

No problem with that Amy. Good way to make things better is to get involved. Just be truthfull is all. If its the truth then no ones got a problem with it.

Its not about this article at all. Nor any article in PB2X....It's an old issue thats got nothing to do with it. But its why I no longer subscribe to the magazine. No offense meant to you or anyone else on the Magazine. But I vote with my Dollars and my feet when someone backstabs me. It was not nessicary nor truthful. I took it personaly. Because it was, apparently meant that way. It was not in the Magazine. But it was related to the Magazines activities and it's personel. So it directly reflected on the Magazine in my opinion. Thats all there is too it.

Keep up your writing. I would love to see some of it. Feel free to post some of it here.

shartley
01-18-2005, 11:57 PM
And just what am I looking at thats a Shartley product?
The green Jersey on the player at the far left is mine, as well as the Ban-Du he is wearing. You can only see the black “du” part and the red trim of the Ban-Du though.

AmyTheGirl
01-20-2005, 06:11 PM
Hhhmmm..I would love to post some of my stuff here...I wonder if it's a conflict because it's already been published somewhere? Or, because it's mine, can I put it where ever I want??
Amy The Girl

shartley
01-20-2005, 07:13 PM
Hhhmmm..I would love to post some of my stuff here...I wonder if it's a conflict because it's already been published somewhere? Or, because it's mine, can I put it where ever I want??
Amy The Girl
That would depend on the agreement you had with the publication which published your article. Just because you wrote it does not always mean you have rights to it. That is also why I got permission from both PB2X and yourself before I reposted the picture.

If you have any doubts I would just ask the publication if it would be okay to repost it.

Jeffy-CanCon
01-20-2005, 10:50 PM
Congrats to you, SHartley, and AmytheGirl, good to see you here! :)

I will probably pick up this issue. I was inside the castle that day, and want to read your article (and look for pic's of my friends ;) ).

shartley
01-21-2005, 02:35 AM

I will probably pick up this issue. I was inside the castle that day, and want to read your article (and look for pic's of my friends ;) ).
Thanks. :)

Beemer
01-21-2005, 03:16 AM
Amy The Girl

Hey test the waters. Post the stuff they wont publish. That would be great :clap:
Do you play Paintball? You can please some of the people some of the time. :cheers:

Congrats and Well done Shartley. I like the pants to

shartley
01-21-2005, 06:19 AM
Hey test the waters. Post the stuff they wont publish. That would be great :clap:
Do you play Paintball? You can please some of the people some of the time. :cheers:

Congrats and Well done Shartley. I like the pants to
Thank you.

And I don’t want to talk out of turn here, but yes she does play paintball. She also snaps off quite a few pictures. LOL She posted a whole bunch on MCB not long ago.

AmyTheGirl
01-22-2005, 03:16 PM

Thanks Jeff! I just looked at the issue, there is one photo of a CanCon guy..not sure who it is..you'll have to let me know! :)
Amy

peewee
01-22-2005, 03:47 PM
Well I for one am blissfully ignorant of what ever issues some of the other AO peps have with whom ever they have a problem with. I liked the story, it kinda sucked the way the attackers couldnt get organized. Amy keep up the good work. In truth your story was the only one that I read out of the issue untill just about an hour ago. Read the info on the reball. the more you hang here at AO the more you will see that its a big lovin dysfunctional family. We can be brawlin one second then makin a trade for some parts that we need or want with the person we were just brawling with the next. We generally have respect for each others opinions even if they vary from our own. We are :tard:'s Its kinda wierd but hey it works for most of us. :D Welcome to AO !!!!

SlipknotX556
01-22-2005, 04:59 PM
Congrats Shartley! I just noticed looking through the new Facefull that my stuff is everywhere from WC. Its nice to see your own product in a magazine.