PDA

View Full Version : Minimag or Micromag

rtjrom
01-14-2005, 07:19 PM
I am new here and was wondering which Automag would be better, the Minimag or the Micromag? Please give some reasoning with your opinion. Also will both of the Automags accept Y Grip? Any help is appreciated and i thank you in addvance.

personman
01-14-2005, 07:50 PM
Neither are better. The only difference really is the body and rail. The minimag uses old style mag barrels while the micro uses cocker threads. They will both take y grips.
My personal preference would be the micro, I've never cared much for minis, personally :)

rtjrom
01-14-2005, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the input. Anyone else have an opinion. One good thing about the mini is i can just replace the body with a ULE Body, right? Everyone's opinion is appreciated.

personman
01-14-2005, 08:07 PM
Yes, that's a plus. You can change the body on a minimag, while the rail and body are integrated on a micro. :)

DiSoRdeR
01-14-2005, 08:08 PM
I have both, and out of the two the Micro is my favorite. Thats why im selling my minimag. Micromags have a rail built into the body, they are made out of aluminum so they can be anodized. Minimags take twist lock barrels, can not be anodized and take rails. Personaly i hate using rails and would definitly recommend a Micromag.

And welcome to AO :cheers:

Chronobreak
01-14-2005, 10:21 PM
I have both, and out of the two the Micro is my favorite. Thats why im selling my minimag. Micromags have a rail built into the body, they are made out of aluminum so they can be anodized. Minimags take twist lock barrels, can not be anodized and take rails. Personaly i hate using rails and would definitly recommend a Micromag.

And welcome to AO :cheers:

u say micros can be re-annod? i was udner the impression they couldnt be re-annod but if you know what to do or do right please share

btw im curious b/c im buying a micro soon and i was wondering if i would be able to reanno it or its stuck in the cond its in.

personman
01-14-2005, 10:32 PM
You can annodize anything that's alluminum.

But IIRC there is a stainless washer in the body you need to remove, talk to RRFireblade about annodizing micros, he's done it before. :)

rtjrom
01-15-2005, 12:30 AM
Thank you guys for all the replies. This is a very good first expierence on a new forum and thank you for that. Anyone else who has an opinion feel free to post. I think I am leaning towards the Micromag. :D

Ratzo
01-15-2005, 12:39 AM
I use a MicroMag and love it.

RRfireblade
01-15-2005, 08:16 AM
Micromag...but I am biased. ;)

And yes,they can be annodized but there is a steel backing ring inside that must be removed first. It's sometimes tricky to get out but I 'can' do it for anyone who needs it done.

Jay.

Mr. Mouse
01-15-2005, 11:55 AM
eh my bro has a minimag but i like the micro's better

Dawg047
01-15-2005, 12:18 PM
Hey, go with the Micromag. I have both and the only reason they call the Minimag a Minimag is because it has a VA. The body is actually much longer than that of a 68. The Micromag in terms of length is much smaller; even smaller (withought barrel of course) than a 68. It is also like mentioned above, crafted out of alluminium allowing it to be annoed much easier. Of course you can always powdercoat a Minimag body like I did mine. The Micro is also a little lighter because it is made out of alluminum and it has some nice milling which goes with the nice red, blue, silver,and black splash I have on mine. Mine is also a little older and has the removal powerfeed which is nice because if you pop a ball, you just slide the powerfeed off and clean the breech and bolt area, no prob. The valves on both markers are the same except that the Minimag valve has 4 stars and the Micro 3 stars but peformance is the same.

tdogreb
01-15-2005, 01:01 PM
I never miss a chance to put a plug in for PTP they're good folks. My main gun is a Mirco E-mag, it looks good, shoots good, and is solid as a rock. One thing I do like about the mini-mag, with ULE you can get a clamping feed neck.