PDA

View Full Version : a few questions....

wanna-b-ballin'
01-15-2005, 12:05 AM
i have a few questions and i will probably ask more as i think of them.

i'm looking to get a mag with an x-valve, but will it bounce with my 850 psi output tank?

is it true that you have to twist your hopper to the right to get it in a threaded feedneck, and twist it right to get it out?

if i get an x-valve and it bounces with my 850 psi output pressure tank, is there any way to adjust the bps? i dont want to get a new hopper. i like the look of a revvy.

how much would you be willing to pay for my gun? i need money for a mag. please dont offer me any mags here. i'm just asking questions. i'll do the searching for a mag myself. and i'm not selling my gun yet.

-red-black fade dragun TES.
-14" black dye ultralight.
-APM dragun TES bolt.
-several different trigger switches, different clicky forces, hella light, medium, and stock weight.
-zenitram blade trigger.
-core co2 drop forward.
-palmers stabilizer. set to about 300 psi.
-feedneck off an old rental gun, sand blasted, and wire wheeled.
.all stock parts. some home made spacers that go behind the spring, to adjust velocity. tabs to hold stock feedneck are broken off. the story behind it is here http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163919

there are 2 tiny little scratches on it, each one the size of a grain of sand
despite what happened to my gun in that story, it still works perfectly. i was useing the stock reg, and drop at the time. if that matters.

i may keep the palmers reg. if one does get bounce at 850 psi

thats all for now. :dance:

shatter_storm
01-15-2005, 12:35 AM
i'm looking to get a mag with an x-valve, but will it bounce with my 850 psi output tank?
It probably won't bounce at 850. 850 with a high flow adjustable, maybe, but not with a preset unless you're lucky.

is it true that you have to twist your hopper to the right to get it in a threaded feedneck, and twist it right to get it out?
If by threaded feedneck, you mean a clamping or twist-lock feedneck, no. There's the center core with outside threading on it, and the outer shell with inside threading on it. Tightening down the outside shell will make the inner core pinch tight against the hopper. You spin the clamp, not the hopper.

if i get an x-valve and it bounces with my 850 psi output pressure tank, is there any way to adjust the bps? i dont want to get a new hopper. i like the look of a revvy.
If you manage to get the xvalve to bounce at 850, you will only have a slight adjustment on how touchy the sweetspot is. However, Z-man has demonstrated that it's possible to adjust the rate of fire when sweetspotting the trigger by changing how much pressure your finger puts on the trigger. It's tricky and no substitute for a faster loader.

how much would you be willing to pay for my gun?
-red-black fade dragun TES.
-14" black dye ultralight.
-APM dragun TES bolt.
-several different trigger switches, different clicky forces, hella light, medium, and stock weight.
-zenitram blade trigger.
-core co2 drop forward.
-palmers stabilizer. set to about 300 psi.
-feedneck off an old rental gun, sand blasted, and wire wheeled.
.all stock parts. some home made spacers that go behind the spring, to adjust velocity. tabs to hold stock feedneck are broken off.
I might give you 200 if I were in the market for a spyder and feeling nice. Spyders don't have much resale value, even if you replace everything on the marker. I'm not looking to buy a spyder though, so if you decide to sell it you'd do better off posting in the B/S/T forums and taking offers that way.

i may keep the palmers reg. if one does get bounce at 850 psi
That's not going to do you a whole lot of good. If you get bounce at 850 and need to get rid of it, you'll need to reg down the pressure, but not by a lot. You need a pressure differential to have the regulator function properly - 50 psi might be possible, but 75 psi or 100 psi is more like it. The Xvalve will run off of 750 psi, but it'll be sloppier than 850. I'd keep the stab anyways, since it's a nice reg and worth more money by itself than you'd get for selling it on the marker.

thats all for now. :dance:

answers in bold in the quote.

Also, I'd like to point out that it's easy to outshoot a revy with a non-bouncing non-sweetspotable mag. A mag that bounces will shoot FAR faster than a revy can hope to feed - you'll chop paint every time unless your LX is soft.
Don't be afraid to step up the ladder to a halo (eggs more or less suck) even if you have to save up months for it - halos are worth it.

wanna-b-ballin'
01-15-2005, 12:43 AM
thanks for answering my questions shatter storm. i prolly will keep the stabilizer and save up for a faster loader. what about a ricochet apache?

shatter_storm
01-15-2005, 01:02 AM
unless you can find the apache for way less than it's MSRP, they arn't really worth it. Don't pay the $90 retail that stores want, look for 'em on sale if you're going to get one. If you are going to spend $90 then save up, spend $130 and get a halo.

FallNAngel
01-15-2005, 02:17 AM
unless you can find the apache for way less than it's MSRP, they arn't really worth it. Don't pay the $90 retail that stores want, look for 'em on sale if you're going to get one. If you are going to spend $90 then save up, spend $130 and get a halo.

Hell, for the $90, you can find a used halo.

Hellfire Angels 05
01-15-2005, 03:20 AM
or for 90.00 you can get it new my friend had found a site where they sell em for that much!!

wanna-b-ballin'
01-15-2005, 08:56 PM
well, i wouldn't spend 90 bux for a ricochet apache. i shop around for the best price. a while back they had them on sale at action village for like $45 if i remember correctly.

if i could get an apache for like 50 or something, would it be worth it? i'm wondering how durable and consistent they feed and their battery life etc.. i just want some info on it. i dunno why, but a halo kinda looks funny to me. maybe i'm weird

FireITup14
01-15-2005, 09:24 PM
what kind of trigger will you be shooting, cas i have a 850 preset and with the intelliframe i get no bounce but with the stock one i get crazy rapid fire.

SAW
01-15-2005, 10:12 PM
If you get a ULT you can bounce with an 850psi preset...

wanna-b-ballin'
01-15-2005, 10:47 PM
if i keep my stabilizer, than i would put it on my future hope to be mag. what would be a good pressure to set it to to keep it from bouncing on a single finger trigger? i wouldn't want a squishy gross feeling to the trigger. i would prolly get an intelliframe when i get the cash though.

Enemy
01-17-2005, 03:36 AM
you will not be able to use the stab on the mag you will get shoot down!! 850 shouldnt be too bouncy and if you go with ult that changes everything good rule of thumb for regs is you need atleast 200 psi to 250psi difference to avoid shoot down!!