PDA

View Full Version : CCM SV or ULE Custom

Sh65
01-15-2005, 01:15 AM
I have about $400 to spend on a new gun. Currently I have a 98c , 70/4500 Crossfire, and Reloader 2. I can't decide which one to stick with and have been going back and fourth for about a month. Usually I play speedball, but never shoot that much paint. The ULE Setup i want is ULE body, X-valve, ULT, Single CF trigger frame, and a WWA Truth barrel (About $380). The CCM Series V is $390 (chipleymachine.com).

So any opinions to point me in a direction would help. I'm so confused.

Koosh
01-15-2005, 01:29 AM
That is a tough choice. Both markers are similar performance wise, and look dead sexy.

You'd probably be very happy with either. Sorry I can't be more help :)

zeroack
01-15-2005, 09:08 AM
That's a tough one...

I love my SV but also am really really looking forward to playing with my uber mag.

Right now I'm shooting this....

http://www.hamilton.net/~tron/junk/svmine.jpg

It's a great rig. I've had it for a year now and it's never failed me or failed to impress me. I had owned a SystemX cocker before this. As you can imagine it didn't compare to this one in anyway. Chipley's work on there products are second to none.

How ever.... I really like the way mags feel. The new ule mags are light and compact. There also all mech's so you don't have to worry about bat's going dead. Personally I would rather tear apart a Xvalve then retime a cocker. I've never needed to time my Chipley but still really don't enjoy working on the SV as much as I do on Mags.

It's a hard choice....

btw take a look at Rogue's Mag's before you buy one. He's got some awesome deals.
If you decide to go with the Chipley let me know....I'll give you a good deal.

Zero

Recon by Fire
01-15-2005, 10:33 AM
Great choice either way!

soccer4minimags
01-15-2005, 12:08 PM
Go with the SV. I just recently built a cokcer using all chiplye parts. It is amazing. I prefer it over my mags now(ule and x-valve, and a older retro mag). If I hadn't had a body already I would have just bought the SV, I actually still kind of wish I had.

You can't get the same speed, but it is plenty fast. It will stop on paint if you set it up right, mine does, yes its not as smooth as lvl 10, but hey it gets the job done. My brother did the same to his cocker and got the all derlin e-kit. That is pretty nice too, definitely a weight difference over his all derlin back block and bolt, over my standard back block and half derlin half aluminium bolt.

The series V comes standard with a different frame, I bought the same one pictured above. I believe its called the j2 hinge. I find that a lot more comfortabel over standard frames.

soccer4minimags
01-15-2005, 12:11 PM
Also, you probably won't enjoy the stock carbon frame on the mag, I know I didn't like mine on my retro. You are going to end up buying a y frame, intelliframe, RPG, or logic frame down the road anyways for at least $100, so figure that into the cost.

The SV already comes with a great frame, adjustable with trigger stops.

tolley
01-15-2005, 01:01 PM
I currently own both of those markers. Both are great, but I have to say that I will probably grow tired of my CCM and want to try something new eventually, but I never want to be without a mag. I've had quite a few markers and the mags are the only ones that always, I mean always, work. Little or no maintenace and they just keep going. Cockers, well their reputation for being finicky is well known.

If your okay with marker maintanence and repair and want the fastest mech out there go CCM.

If you want reliability, ease of use, and the kind of durability that your 98C has go Mag.

CaliMagFan
01-15-2005, 01:54 PM
the ULE has level 10... it's a solid anti-chop system that wont let you down in a tight situation once you have it tuned with minimal effort. The CCM marker looks great, and from everything i have read, is a superb product. The only thing that i would not give it is the anti-chop capability.... maybe i am wrong on that, but i dont know if it's chop proof like the mag...

Mags are a little more upgradeable with all the bodies you can get and the variety of grip frames and such...

but its all a personal choice.... for the base price of 390, you're probably getting a better deal with the CCM.... but i would budget another 100 for a new grip on the mag and go with it...

goood luck..

-kyro

Chronobreak
01-15-2005, 02:01 PM
the mag is a huge step up.

you wil enjoy it alot.

Blazestorm
01-15-2005, 02:06 PM
My RT Pro ULE from the factory was not tuned, and I had to spend 2-3 hours tuning it, breaking it in, lubing it, and that almost ruined my day of play (Wasn't even fully tuned afterwords).

I'd say the CCM SV, the only reason I believe people are spamming the RT Pro ULE is because this is a biased forum. This is the Automags Owners Group forum, ofcourse they're going to say RT Pro ULE.

I bet if you posted Dm4 vs. X-Mag, X-Mag would still win...

CCM SV - Better machined parts with an excellent company backing it, as long as you learn how to shoot it properly (pull-release-pull-release, you'll still need that for RT Pro w/ ULT) it'll be much better than the RT Pro ULE imo.

mobius
01-15-2005, 02:32 PM
Mags are a little more upgradeable with all the bodies you can get and the variety of grip frames and such...

-kyro

Wow, I think that's the first time I've ever heard anone say mags are more upgradable than a 'Cocker... :D

Personally, I feel 'Cockers are more upgradable, since they have ALOT more parts. Whether this is a good thing is still yet unproven, as the 'Mag/'Cocker debate rages on.

Are you buying new, or used? If you have $400 to spend, and choose to spend it on a 'Mag, I'd talk to Roguefactor or Tunaman. They can get you an incredible deal. While it's just over your budget, Rogue's Paradigm is an incredible deal. It's $440, with an Intelli and ULT trigger. All you need to add is a barrel. So figure coming out around $500.

Chronobreak
01-15-2005, 02:57 PM
Are you buying new, or used? If you have $400 to spend, and choose to spend it on a 'Mag, I'd talk to Roguefactor or Tunaman. They can get you an incredible deal. While it's just over your budget, Rogue's Paradigm is an incredible deal. It's $440, with an Intelli and ULT trigger. All you need to add is a barrel. So figure coming out around $500.

if u look at the first post hes got about the best mag deal hes gonna find ;)

cockers are more upgradeable..wiht the upgrades being for cosmetics or performance..or bad performace if u start mixing and matching parts. mags are more upgradeable now then ever and the upgrades i would say are of good quality

tyrion2323
01-15-2005, 03:33 PM
I bet if you posted Dm4 vs. X-Mag, X-Mag would still win...

...with the mQ valve and grip frame on the way, I would take the 'mag :p

(but I definitely understand what you're saying!)

Regarding both the 'mag and cocker - they're tough choices. My personal choice would be the 'mag, since I like the lower profile. I'd then buy either the Rogue RPG frame or the Logic Frame (both rock).

Both markers have pros and cons, and it's important to weigh them carefully:

AUTOMAG :: AUTOCOCKER
smaller :: larger
cocker threading :: cocker threading
mediocre efficiency :: good efficiency
higher pressure :: lower pressure
Fairly upgradeable :: very upgradeable
less need to tune :: needs more tuning
mech. anti-chop :: no anti-chop
problems under 800psi :: Works fine on a low tank
electro-upgradeable :: electro-upgradeable

I'm not saying which is "better" or "worse," simply that they both have pros and cons.

CaliMagFan
01-15-2005, 03:55 PM
thats a good visual tyrion...

to the earlier post about mags/cockers/ which has more upgrades, i was looking at teh individualism and relevance of the upgrades.

like there are 3 or 4 mech frames and 2 or more types of electro frames for the mag... the cocker doesnt have all that many mech frames... its either the hinge, the single trigger, or the 86° (already on the CCM)... and then there are the RACE and the E-frames.

So, they're actually really close in terms of the things that you might upgrade for performance... now there is the other side, the cosmetic side, and i think that cockers have mags on that one.... thats really cause they have more externally modular parts that can be had in a variety of millings and colors...

so, yeah, rather than spark the mag/cocker debate, know they're pretty much level...

one thing that i have never liked the function of in the cocker is the damn reciprocating back block..... it looks very cool, but to me has never been a very "sound" thing to have on a piece of metal that is being slung around in the mud. i like the smaller, less "moving" mags.

-kyro

GT
01-15-2005, 04:04 PM
I just sold a SV. I really didnt like the inline reg. I dont know if it was because I had not broken it in but I just hated it. SV is a nice gun but you will have to pony up for a better reg or just buy a rtp w/ ULT.

Joni
01-15-2005, 08:08 PM
I have never shot a ccm, but I would still choose the mag, mostly because of two things. It's smaller and has antichop.