PDA

View Full Version : Best paint companies for general play

AutomagBoy
01-15-2005, 11:38 AM
There are some new paintball stores opening up in my area and they all offer differant paintballs. I have always shot Draxxus Diablo Blaze because i have a .689 barrel and draxxus was all the old store offered. I was wondering what other companies sell good cheap paint for general recreational play.

DogBoy
01-15-2005, 12:17 PM
I would look at GAP, they have a good product at good price. I have been shooting GAP for the last year and have had no problems.

http://www.greatamericanpaintballs.com/index.html

tolley
01-15-2005, 01:03 PM
I'm a firm believer in "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" and that definately seems to apply to paintballs.

Pay less than $35 a case and expect trouble,or at least inaccuracy.

Pay over $55 a case and expect pretty good stuff no matter what brand.

-=Squid=-
01-15-2005, 01:05 PM
Just go to wal-mart. I also believe that you get what you pay for, but personally, I don't notice a difference in paint. I have shot bags with broken paint in it through my viking and not even noticed a problem. To me, cheap paint > expensive paint.

CaliMagFan
01-15-2005, 01:59 PM
I shoot GAP whenever i get the chance... it seems to be a consistent product... if not the best, it's at least always perfoming the same... its under $50, so it doesnt dent my wallet too much, and it marks well.

i agree with Squid that pricey paint is a waste... unless you have a full-ride paint sponsor, shoot something cheap... maybe not teh $25 case of seconds, but the $35-50 case of white box works....

my favorite paintballs are nelson anarchy in the fury orange color... they are about 5 dollars more than GAP, and they arent usually stocked in the local store, so i dont get them much...

good luck
-kyro

BD_Paintball
01-15-2005, 02:25 PM
when i play with my friends in the woods or at a place that has BYOP i always buy ZAP. its great paint and shots good through my mag and my imp. find it on sale somewhere and buy alot. you can also get it online if you like to shop online

mobius
01-15-2005, 02:39 PM
I usually shoot RP Big Ball. It's usually around $45/case, and it's reasonably consistant through a medium bore barrel like my Ultralight.

abunkerer
01-15-2005, 02:52 PM
draxxus comp edge is good cheap stuff, you should just stick with that.
Worr paint is new and fairly cheap, I get cases for a little under 35$
Zap is also some good stuff on the cheap (about 35$), just try wiping a hit of "Primer", impossible! not that I have ever tried or anything...

Chronobreak
01-15-2005, 02:59 PM
nitro duck is $40 a case here

great paint medium bore, very consistently round(no oval or mishapen balls)

wal-mart buys there paint for one time a eyar the rest it just sits there....its cheap paint that sits for long periods and is almost always broken.

spend a few more $ and get some good paint youkl have mroe fun.

shatter_storm
01-15-2005, 03:23 PM
my local field only carries RPS paint, so I end up shooting marballizer. PMI premium is nice as well, but always open up the boxes of it at wallmart - lots of broken balls.

Ghetto
01-15-2005, 04:11 PM
I've shot Zap rec series , Big ball and Scorch from Walmart. Out of those three Big Ball was the most dimpled and had broken balls in the box. Zap and scorch on the other hand were surprisingly round and shot decent. The Scorch is a little pricey for walmart paint since it seems to be luck on how old or beat up the paint is. Its like $22.00 for 1000 so a case is around $44 or so.(I'm a math wiz I know). I forgot the price on the REc series I think its around $33 for 2500.

SSniper
01-15-2005, 04:20 PM
hm.. i always play at operation in cali.... and the last time i went there.. the only paint they had was some really cheap stuff, my mag couldnt shoot any because the balls would just, explode... its wasnt my velocity or my bolt (i dont think?)... anyways.. im going tomorrow, and i picked up some marbelizer balls at sportmart... $20 for 500... i know operations site says that you must use the balls that they sell there... but.. that paint sucked! do you guys think they will break my balls for bringing my own paint?? :shooting:

Lee
01-15-2005, 05:50 PM
i like zap. local field here sells it and ghetto ball (same stuff basically) for 28.99$ a case.

abunkerer
01-15-2005, 07:42 PM
i like zap. local field here sells it and ghetto ball (same stuff basically) for 28.99$ a case.

That is a great price for field paint! Good to hear that some fields are finding some ways to save their players some cash.
It annoys me to no end when I see fields overpricing everything and ripping off players that just don't know any better, but I'll save the "its bad for the sport" rant for another thread...

Coray
01-15-2005, 10:22 PM
I just buy cheapest.. ITS BRILLIANT!

evo.end3R
01-15-2005, 10:24 PM
i prefer draxxus, inferno and hellfire but sponsors only allow me to use PMI/evil paint

minimag03
01-16-2005, 08:51 PM
Just go to wal-mart. I also believe that you get what you pay for, but personally, I don't notice a difference in paint. I have shot bags with broken paint in it through my viking and not even noticed a problem. To me, cheap paint > expensive paint.

agree

No sKiLLz
01-16-2005, 08:51 PM
Zap Chronic/Chronic 420 (Ultimate Chronic)
If it's just practice we use WPN Toxic.

mag88888
01-16-2005, 09:07 PM
zaps smell like pooo. but anyway i like pmi premium and marbalizer.

Lorenz0666
01-16-2005, 10:00 PM
zaps smell like pooo. but anyway i like pmi premium and marbalizer.

not true!!!!! i got some strawberrey scented zap from action village it was great smelled great!!!! even my boss like it when i gogged him on a company outing!

Gr0dy
01-16-2005, 10:31 PM
I think it depends on what gun you have, i use dicks paintballs with my xvalved mag and theres no breaks.

SOAD8789
01-17-2005, 12:52 AM
i like most draxxus paint, but the last batch of midnight i had sucked really bad. i use blaze a lot. worr also makes good paint. i try to get either blaze or worr paint. white box stuff is always good