PDA

View Full Version : eVLution II boards?

Eric Cartman
01-15-2005, 07:20 PM
Another egg question for AO. Does anyone know how I can tell what board I have in my egg? I've just received a board today that I've been told is the upgrade for the eVLution II (I think it's a Y board, not a Z board). How can I tell the difference between the boards?

Thanks!

Skoad
01-15-2005, 07:28 PM
well, the difference that i remember between a Y and a Z is. The Y will have a feedrate adjustment knob, that you can turn to make it go faster.

Z board does not have this knob, and will leave just an empty hole in where the knob is supposed to go on the shell.

dahvaio
01-15-2005, 09:34 PM
I just installed a Z-Board yesterday and as Skoad mentioned, the rate adjuster knob was the only difference I noticed between the 2 boards.

fire1811
01-15-2005, 10:35 PM
turn your hopper on with no paint in it

if the paddles continue to spin at a steady rate then its a yboard

if they spin fast and then slow after a few seconds of no paint then it is a zboard.

also no speed knob will be there either

Eric Cartman
01-16-2005, 09:43 PM
OK so it's definitely not a Z board. It's got the speed adjust. I'm pretty sure it's a Y board, but eVLution II hoppers came with a stock board that was made previous to the Y board (yet still had a toggle switch as opposed to the push button). I'm trying to find out how to determine the difference between the stock board and the Y board.

Thanks for the responses. :)