PDA

View Full Version : macro vs micro line

Soopa Villain17
01-15-2005, 07:20 PM
whats the difference between the 2 , i want to use one of them instead of stainless on my new tac one .

Soopa Villain17
01-15-2005, 07:26 PM
bump

Skoad
01-15-2005, 07:29 PM
use Macro. Micro has a much smaller air flow/capacity whatever you want to call it - its just too small to fuel the mag.

Macro is the way to go.

*i'm sure tunaman will chime in about how cool his macroline is :) *

Soopa Villain17
01-15-2005, 07:32 PM
when i bought my tac one from tuna i think he said stainless is better , but i dont like the look of it

Skoad
01-15-2005, 07:33 PM
stainless is nice, personally I like macroline.

You can get stainless line and then shrink-wrap it with some black, or anycolor you want rubber coating.

I'm sure tunaman, Rogue, or a few other people can get that for you.

Soopa Villain17
01-15-2005, 07:38 PM
i hear alot of people bad talking macro line. what is so bad about it ?

Conversekidz
01-15-2005, 08:07 PM
it leaks over time at the fittings.

Soopa Villain17
01-15-2005, 08:16 PM
but then you just buy more right ? its cheap enough

Load SM5
01-15-2005, 08:22 PM
I buy the parker line from Tuna and it's never failed or blown on me.

FSU_Paintball
01-15-2005, 08:31 PM
Never use microline. It doesn't flow as much air, and it's more apt to blow up.

I've used macroline for a few years now. I've never had so much as a leak. I had leaks using stainless more often than I do now. Cut it straight with a sharp blade and it won't give you trouble.

Get good macro, though. The cheap stuff can blow up.

11_Mile_TMaster
01-15-2005, 08:46 PM
See, I've never had the macro line itself blow. The fittings, on the other hand... I had a fitting repeatedly blow on one of my friend's guns. Ticked me off so much I eventually just threw a stainless end on there. Make sure you get good ones.

FireITup14
01-15-2005, 09:27 PM
kila sells the shrink wrap for the stainless lines. search for it in the bst forum. I got some blue stuff with the AO logo on it. looks pretty nice and its cool to put it on heat it and watch it shrink.

JRingold
01-15-2005, 10:06 PM
I still like the stainless braided shrink-wrapped as I've had mine since 1996 and never had a problem. I switched over to Macroline this year, and switched back. 'nuff said.

-=Squid=-
01-15-2005, 10:12 PM
I hate to act like a salesman, so I will offer you a foot to try for free.

I sell macroline, and wouldn't use any other. In the thousands of feet I have sold I have not heard of it bursting even once, and I can guarantee it to be the most flexible out there.

PM me your address if you wanna try a little.

uthanak2323
01-15-2005, 11:28 PM
i jsut bought some macro fittings from my firend but i have no macro line to use with it. i hate the look of steel braided so im switching to macro, however i dont have any macroline to use for the fittings.

i can re-imberse u for the shippnig cost of about a foot of macro line.

pme me if you can help me out and save me a couple bucks

UteMachine
01-17-2005, 01:56 AM
I used steel braided on my mag since 1994. I switched to micro line for two years and only once did the line burst. After that I switched to macro. It works like a dream, looks better than steel braided, I got more flow than micro, and it has never blown or leaked on me. Just my $.02

maglover728
01-17-2005, 03:39 AM
I have had macro line blow out on me. Though I had lost a finger until I actually looked at my hand. It blew in the middle of the bend that the line has to make from the drop to the valve fitting. It blew on the outboard side causing the line to be flung in towards the gun and into my middle finger at the second bone from the tip. The tissue there bruised, as did the bone. The fingertip turned purple/blue, then green, just like slamming your finger really hard in a door.
I am now running squids macro line and I have to say that it is the most flexible stuff I have seen. Great quality and I put it on all my guns. Great stuff!

SpitFire1299
01-17-2005, 08:39 AM
Microline-Sucks
Macroline-dont bend it around
Metal Coil-Bend around

I use both Macroline and Metal coil on my gun. I bend and twist around the metal coil for my drop to fore grip. I use macroline for my xvalve to fore grip.