PDA

View Full Version : Stoked even on a cold day...

shartley
01-16-2005, 08:52 PM
I just had to share! My wife and I just finished up with our very first pair of paintball pants today! So even while in MUCH pain (I have a slipped disc), I had to run outside and have her snap off a picture.
http://www.gbsu-usa.net/shartleycustoms/pants/pants2.jpg

So in this picture I am wearing a Shartley Customs Ban-Du, Shartley Customs Neck Guard, Shartley Customs Jersey, AND Shartley Customs Paintball Pants! Even my marker has a Shartley Customs Barrel Wrap!

WooHoo! I am stoked!

If folks would like to know more about these pants feel free to visit my forums at:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?action=forum&board=shartley&op=display&num=14595

This is NOT a sales thread, so don’t ask about prices. I just want to share my excitement. Again, if folks want to know more (aside from making general comments) please visit the link posted above.

Thanks!
:dance:

personman
01-16-2005, 09:11 PM
We can always expect to see high quality stuff from you, Sam. :)

They look great! Great job!

shartley
01-17-2005, 12:12 AM
We can always expect to see high quality stuff from you, Sam. :)

They look great! Great job!
Thanks. :)

CaliMagFan
01-17-2005, 12:24 AM
your product looks to be ideal for the player that wants to have pants that are specially designed for paintball and still have that cammo-fatigue look for thier get-up... kind of a scenario player's dream there....

i dont take cammo on the paintball field tho.... i leave that to hunters and military people.

-kyro

shartley
01-17-2005, 12:36 AM
your product looks to be ideal for the player that wants to have pants that are specially designed for paintball and still have that cammo-fatigue look for thier get-up... kind of a scenario player's dream there....

i dont take cammo on the paintball field tho.... i leave that to hunters and military people.

-kyro
My Jerseys were designed to startle the woodsball and speedball styles. Kind of a middle ground you could say. But yes, I tend to cater to the woodsball/scenario player. And you are correct, they (my products) tend to be for those who want that camo look, but a product made specifically for paintball. BDUs are wonderful, but some folks want to stick with a “paintball” only feel.

However, keep in mind that the pants (as well as all of my other products) can be made in NON camo patterns as well (as well as with a wide range of solid colors and solid color combinations). I sponsor tournament/speedball teams as well as scenario teams, and I make products for both. The only difference between the two (products wise) is what colors or patterns are used.

So in the case of the pants, you could take the camo part and make that red, blue, yellow, or whatever color is desired. And the same could be done for the black part. And wallah…. you now have speedball pants. Or take the camo part and make that an American flag mosaic, or flames, or skulls, or snake skin pattern, etc. See how it changes the whole feel and style of game they can be used for?

That is the wonderful part about custom products. They can be made to fit the exact needs and desires of each player.

gibby
01-17-2005, 12:38 AM
Wow...I must say...those pants do look kinda cool! Good job man! :)

How much again? Hehe...JK!!! :D

-=Squid=-
01-17-2005, 12:39 AM
Looking great. I must say, a paintball specific pant aimed at rec/scenario is a really cool idea.

We've been out of touch lately.

gibby
01-17-2005, 12:42 AM
You know..the more I look at it...you could have at least smiled to express your joy. ;) But I guess you gotta look intimidating eh? Okay okay...I'll stop now. :cheers:

shartley
01-17-2005, 12:48 AM
Wow...I must say...those pants do look kinda cool! Good job man! :)

How much again? Hehe...JK!!! :D
Thanks.

Looking great. I must say, a paintball specific pant aimed at rec/scenario is a really cool idea.

We've been out of touch lately.
Thanks. But again, these can be made for speedball as well.

And I have been keeping track of you. ;)

You know..the more I look at it...you could have at least smiled to express your joy. ;) But I guess you gotta look intimidating eh? Okay okay...I'll stop now. :cheers:
LOL Actually I AM smiling a bit. You have to look at the mouth carefully. It is odd, to actually see me LOOK like I am smiling in a picture I have to almost force a way exaggerated smile.

Also keep in mind that I have been in a lot of pain. I have a slipped disc in my lower back. I was not trying to look intimidating. :)

-=Squid=-
01-17-2005, 01:13 AM
And I have been keeping track of you. ;)
... This is where that purple dodgy smiley comes into play.

ProX9
01-17-2005, 02:29 AM
those pants are awesome :cheers: if i didnt already have some id opt for a custom design like yours.

Army
01-17-2005, 07:16 AM
Sam, I presume that the material is heavy Cordura type? All slicky and slide-able? I could be persuaded into a pair myself soon!

shartley
01-17-2005, 07:58 AM
those pants are awesome :cheers: if i didnt already have some id opt for a custom design like yours.
Thank you anyways.

Sam, I presume that the material is heavy Cordura type? All slicky and slide-able? I could be persuaded into a pair myself soon!
No they are not. They are a heavy weight (bottom weight) 65% Poly 35% Cotton blend. It IS “slick” compared to standard cottons though and could be used to slide. But it is not as slick as the other paintball pants I have felt that use cordura (such as Redz, which my son has a pair of), but sufficient for moderate sliding, but will not have you go across the field. LOL

These are a step up from BDU type pants, and offer the same function with a totally paintball style. But they are not a step down from other paintball pants, just a different direction. But they are very heavy duty. This was one of my main concerns when making them.

Also, if I were to use Cordura I would be limited in the fabric colors and designs that I could use. I am also not a huge company that could get materials made FOR me. ;)

I hope that helped explain them better. If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

I got in a request last night from a customer who was thinking of having a pair made that integrates 12 gram and 10 round tube holders into the pants. Now that is using your creativity! It eliminates the need for a stock class harness when playing stock class or pump. :clap:

AGDlover
01-17-2005, 08:49 AM
w00t rock them mags and some pants :p veary cool may i ask how you sliped a disk?

shartley
01-17-2005, 08:55 AM
w00t rock them mags and some pants :p veary cool may i ask how you sliped a disk?
Thank you.

I wish I could say I hurt my back playing paintball doing some combination Superman/Matrix move, but unfortunately real life is seldom that exciting. LOL A couple weeks ago I remodeled my bathroom. And anyone who has worked in such confined spaces and around counters and such knows that sometimes you are in some strange positions, and for extended periods of time. Well…. that did it.

But the bathroom came out well. :headbang:

Army
01-17-2005, 09:22 AM
... But they are very heavy duty. This was one of my main concerns when making them.

Also, if I were to use Cordura I would be limited in the fabric colors and designs that I could use. I am also not a huge company that could get materials made FOR me. ;)

Of course. Very logical. Still, the ability to customize the look is very enticeing. Thanks Sam!

Ghetto
01-17-2005, 01:31 PM
Very nice. Can the pants be made in ANY of the fabric that the bandus come in or just in similair colors?

shartley
01-17-2005, 02:51 PM
Very nice. Can the pants be made in ANY of the fabric that the bandus come in or just in similair colors?
It depends on the material. But most if not similar.

ADDED:
Some of the materials will cause me to do some alterations in construction to make up for the thinness of the material, but I am sure I can come up with a suitable solution. All of the camo patterns are NO problem though, as well as many solid colors and even some patterned materials. I will be searching for new super thick patterned materials specifically for these pants.