PDA

View Full Version : wow, this dude really got nailed!!

thecavemankevin
01-16-2005, 10:44 PM
wow, this dude really got nailed!! (http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/01/16/nailgun.accident.ap/index.html)

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/US/01/16/nailgun.accident.ap/story.xray.kusa.jpg

tranman
01-16-2005, 11:39 PM
Really, how stupid do you have to be to not notice a nail being shot INTO your mouth??!?
I mean there had to be been a hole and some bleeding...Goes to show, you shouldn't drink or do drugs while on the job :D

jekyll
01-17-2005, 12:02 AM
Really, how stupid do you have to be to not notice a nail being shot INTO your mouth??!?
I mean there had to be been a hole and some bleeding...Goes to show, you shouldn't drink or do drugs while on the job :D
No, there probably was no external bleeding. And with it happening within a fraction of a second and without pain it would have been hard to notice.

CoolHand
01-17-2005, 12:30 AM
/Calls the foreman over.

Nailed guy - "Man, I've got this horrible headache."

Foreman - "Stop whining. Back to work!"

Nailed Guy - "Hey. Where did my last nail go? I had one left."

/Falls over dead.

Foreman - "Pussy."

Or at least that's how it would have went with the guys I used to work with. :rofl:

That was a :ninja: nail to sneak all the way up into his mellon without him noticing.

More likely they brought him in, told the ER people that he took a 16 penny to the head, and they XRayed to find it.

Gotta wonder if he lived through a deal like that.

EDIT (I actually read the story :eek: ): He lived! Had it for 6 days? Wow, he's a trooper. :rofl:

Best quote ever -----> "If you're going to have a nail in the brain, that's the way you want it to be."

wes
01-17-2005, 02:40 AM
so did this guy:

WicKeD_WaYz
01-17-2005, 03:18 AM
yea im with tranman you'de have to be pretty dumb to not notice that....and he had to have his mouth open to do it too or hed have a whole in his face, plus he has to wonder what happened to the nail that went off while the nail gun was pointed in his open mouth.

I just dont see how that works on so many levels.

maglover728
01-17-2005, 06:48 AM
That nail weighed enough that he should have felt the impact. come on!

splatattack33
01-17-2005, 08:22 AM
that actually happened to one of the guys that my dad was in the navy with , they were in puarto rico(or someplace downthere) building stuff na dthey were wearing hardhats and everything and one guy missed the board he was trying to nail and it went into this guys head and he didnt even know, my dad said that it was so hott that the guy thought the blood was just sweat........ pretty lame story sorry but it was true

AGDlover
01-17-2005, 08:32 AM
its questional about how it got in and vertical qith that size of a nail and his mouth not being able to open that far

B.A.M.
01-17-2005, 09:14 AM
I just read about that today and that guy must be a tuff for not even noticing a 4 inch nail in his brain

WicKeD_WaYz
01-17-2005, 01:16 PM
I just read about that today and that guy must be a tuff for not even noticing a 4 inch nail in his brain

tough...or retarded

WickeDKlowN
01-17-2005, 03:57 PM
How's it going to get in there like that without puncturing the bottom jaw? Unless he was yawning and had it pointed just right, there's no way.

I'm thinking he tried to commit suicide but it didn't work and he dosn't want to admit he's a failure.

thecavemankevin
01-17-2005, 04:53 PM
its questional about how it got in and vertical qith that size of a nail and his mouth not being able to open that far

see, thats what i was wondering. it is in there almost perfectly verticle, not at an angle like you'd think it should be.

Brak
01-17-2005, 06:44 PM
I'm thinking he tried to commit suicide but it didn't work and he dosn't want to admit he's a failure.

you gotta get your head checked.

BeaverEater
01-17-2005, 08:37 PM
Ya i saw that in the paper today and just started laughing. Wouldn't you think why your head starts to hurt or why there is a hole??

Gr0dy
01-17-2005, 08:52 PM
I remember rob_agd talking about this on the irc forums yesterday or the day before. Thats crazy