PDA

View Full Version : My mask impaired me from playing....

Arman/XPM
11-11-2001, 07:25 PM
Hello all,
Today, I had to sit out a few games of Paintball, especially satellite and Creek, because my Mask kept fogging up.

So, I have decided to purchase a new mask, THAT WILL NOT FOG UP, NO MATTER WHAT!!:D :D :D

I have about $30 - 40 to spend, so what do you all suggest?

LittMag
11-11-2001, 07:29 PM
The JT nVader hasn't treated me wrong.
http://www.actionvillage.com/020-4107.html

Arman/XPM
11-11-2001, 07:30 PM
Will it fog up?

MAGS own YOU
11-11-2001, 07:31 PM
JT specializes in masks. I highly reccomend them. I love my JT Flex Ize with a wind fan in it. Never fails. Also check out jt upgrade kits, for tints and cleaners. www.888paintball.com

TylerDurden
11-11-2001, 07:38 PM
All current masks fog up, even the jt masks. However their are counter-measures you can buy. Among the best would be the jt vortex, or x-wind fans. but they also make thermal lens that won't fog up until they get scratched.

Arman/XPM
11-11-2001, 07:41 PM
Thank you all.

Tylerdurden from DOD forums?

Russ
11-11-2001, 08:02 PM
I saw your mask on the other thread, A JT Elite I think. If so, you can get a thermal lens for it. They run about $25. Next step would be the Vortex fan, at least another $25.

Man, you got dis'ed pretty bad on that thread. Too bad really. Some people just seem to go out of their way to be jerks. Hope you had a great time, and don't let the so-called PB "experts" get to you. It's all about fun, not fashion :)

Arman/XPM
11-11-2001, 08:05 PM
Other than my mask constantly impairing me from moving, I had an excellent time.

They are little kids, they will mature eventually...:D

Bartleby
11-11-2001, 09:18 PM
i wrote on your other thread that you should look at paintballonline.com. they've got the jt ize for $30. good luck

Sqweezer
11-11-2001, 09:38 PM
VFORCE!!! I just got mine. Wow. All I have to say. My Flex 7 IZE is nothing compared to this.

MagMan5446
11-11-2001, 09:42 PM
They DON'T fog up. They put someone in a hot shower for 10 minutes and they STILL didn't fog up. Mine is damn comfortable too. You can't get any better than a V-Force morph...

They also have cheaper ones that don't fog up too. They are far better than any mask JT has to offer...

...and I thought I would never get rid of my spectra

Arman/XPM
11-11-2001, 09:47 PM
Bartleby,
Got the message, but paintballonline.com does not load up for me:(

I read up on the V-force masks, and the armor seems pretty good, but I am kind of skeptical to their claims that they donot fog up, but if you guys say so, then I will try them out.
Are the V-force Armor any good?

Riot[Z-Grip]
11-11-2001, 10:07 PM
All of the V-Force line are great. They all contain the same features of the non-fogging lens (I've only heard of it fogging slightly around the edges after taking a direct hit.) and the quick-switch capability (useful if you decide to get a tinted lens for playing on bright days). The lower end ones such as the Armor are just as good functionality wise as the higher end ones, just a tad less comfortable. In my opinion, I'd save a little longer and get a Morph or Shield. I did all the research and am currently awaiting my Blue Mirror Morph.

-Riot

Arman/XPM
11-11-2001, 10:21 PM
Thank you Riot.

Ok, I have narrowed it down guys,
I am deciding on whether buying a JT nVADER mask, or the V-Force Armor.

Which one would you guys go with, in terms of quality, and the visibility it allows in all situations.

Ityl
11-11-2001, 10:28 PM
I have never had a thermal JT lense fog.

DC Nelson
11-11-2001, 11:04 PM
I got one of those flex-7 masks for 30$ from paintballonline and it works great.
I got one for my brother too, and neither of us has had any fogging problems.

I see you said you cant load paintballonline's page... here is the #: 1-800-875-4547

For 30$, you cant go wrong with this thing.

DC

Thordic
11-11-2001, 11:34 PM
I NEVER managed to get my JT Spectra lense fogged up, EVER. I played in it all day in 90+ degree weather with VERY VERY high humidity, and nary a fog on the lense. It stayed clear the whole day. (It was so hot and humid that day, when I took the mask off, a veritable lake of sweat actually poured out from inside the goggles.. it was pretty nasty.)

I just use the base JT Spectras :) You can get replacement Spectra thermal lenses for like $20 - $25 or so. I like the amber ones, personally.

ThePatriot
11-11-2001, 11:42 PM
that goggle stream sweat thing sounds pretty sick....your right, ok thats plain disgusting...

Miscue
11-11-2001, 11:50 PM
Get this:

http://www.paintballfx.com/vforceshield.html

Drizit
11-11-2001, 11:53 PM
I made a post in your other thread, "first day out with my mag" have a look.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16441

also I forgot to mention that the field that I play at uses the vforce shield as rental masks, and I've talked with some of the renters who claim that they fog up pretty badly on days when it's: really hot and humid, hot and raining, or numbingly cold and raining. the outside humidity seems to be the deciding factor, not how much you sweat. the only time I have trouble if it's not really humid out is if the sweat starts condensing on the inside of the lens.

FooTemps
11-12-2001, 02:36 AM
Buy a v-force shield. They won't fog and they're nice.

Shaft
11-12-2001, 07:42 AM
www.paintball-online.com <--- should work.

I suggest
a. Thermal lens for your current mask as that worked fine for me.

b. One of the cheap colors in the Flex-7 line. Seems like red, brown or purple can be had for low dollars.

c. JTNforcer or NVader - I forget which, but one of them is a Spectra and that's the one you should get. Wider field of view. Also make sure it's a thermal lens.

d. Save a few more and get a Vforce Shield. The Armor is nice, but the lens isn't curved like the Shield and Morph. Besides, masks are one of the most important pieces of gear, get a nice one that's comfortable.

AirChunck
11-12-2001, 08:54 AM
Go spectra thermal 260

no doubt comfortable and I never have had a prob w/ fog.

Dayspring
11-12-2001, 10:30 AM
If you can find it, the Scott BadAss is damned near un-fogable. The front of it is very open and you just breathe right out of it. I upgraded to a JT Proteus however, and have yet to have a problem. I even played in a hot day, torential downpour, NOTHING! No fog. But it's about double the price you're looking to spend, WITHOUT the fan...

FeelTheRT
11-12-2001, 03:34 PM
Morpheous, best goggles ever!

xmetal2001
11-12-2001, 06:15 PM
My JT Spectra with Thermal lenses has never fogged up on me and its REAL humid here during the summer. Its cheap, looks cool, and works.

Bartleby
11-12-2001, 08:39 PM
i must say i have never had a problem with my jt spectra ize. not only is it humid here during the summer, but this year it got up over 100 and i didn't have a single molecule of condensation. :D

Arman/XPM
11-12-2001, 08:50 PM
Thank you guys, I appreciate your input.

What do you guys think about the Scott brand of masks?
Particularly this model...
http://www.888paintball.com/product_card.asp?ItemNo=22%2D1%2DSCT+THM+B%2FB+GRN

Or...

http://www.888paintball.com/product_card.asp?ItemNo=++22%2D1%2DSCT+HT+ST+BLK

PyRo
11-12-2001, 08:53 PM
V-Force morphs are supposed to be really good, and not fog. They run about $80 though.

Bartleby
11-12-2001, 09:01 PM
not many people i know use scott brand masks. i would go to pbreview.com and see what some people have posted commenting on it.

DC Nelson
11-12-2001, 09:08 PM
I had a badboy, actually used to be called a "bada$$" till they changed marketing technique. I replaced it with the flex 7, and i think the flex is better with fogging.

I live in western washinton, and we get a good amount of humidity. The badboy wasnt too bad, but still got a little fog after a couple games.
Ive never been able to fog up the flex7 yet.

For the same price, id go with the flex7 (or the v-force if you want... ive just never seen one before, to say good or bad about it).

Smile :)

DC