PDA

View Full Version : Max Flo users! Need some help!!

Carbon Blue
01-17-2005, 06:57 AM
hey i currently have a 68ci 4500 smart parts max flo tank. It has the dual stage setup and i currently have the high pressure spring in. As i finished playing paintball yesterday and had the regulator set to a 900psi output I noticed that when i left my mag sitting there I could hear a very very slow quiet leak coming out from the little hole on the spring cap (not the spring cap locking screw hole). Mind you this is while the gun was still pressurized and the tank was in the on position. So i turned the tank off and shot out the residual air and bled off the left over air in the valve. The leak stopped and that is how i played the rest of the day. Turned it on when i needed to and turned the tank off when it was just sitting there. Does anyone know what could be the problem??

Are there regular maintenance issues that i have to do regularly after playing paintball with this tank? such as lubricating or cleaning?? The tank did not come with an instruction manual.

What is Dow 33 lubricant? I currently have Associated Silicone Oil which is 20wt and Hoppes 9 oil. Can these be used as substitutes?

MarkM
01-17-2005, 07:26 AM
You may have a defective O ring on the piston inside and yes you do have to strip it down and lube it with Dow 33 (which is a pink or white cream looking lubricant) as for a manual I have the manual for the Max- Flo on my website see my signature and go to the Technical pages...before anyone starts on the hating for either having Smart Parts products there or even distributing the manual...I asked permission before I did it and was given the clearance same goes for all of the stuff I have there.

Carbon Blue
01-17-2005, 03:34 PM
You may have a defective O ring on the piston inside and yes you do have to strip it down and lube it with Dow 33 (which is a pink or white cream looking lubricant) as for a manual I have the manual for the Max- Flo on my website see my signature and go to the Technical pages...before anyone starts on the hating for either having Smart Parts products there or even distributing the manual...I asked permission before I did it and was given the clearance same goes for all of the stuff I have there.

thanks alot man!!! :headbang: