PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here ever gone to World Cup? (Soccer, stupids)

Thordic
01-17-2005, 11:38 AM
I am seriously confused.

Tickets go on sale starting February 1st, 2005. Thats in a few weeks.

But prelim matches are still scheduled until October, 2005.

How do you buy tickets when you don't even know who is going to be in the games yet?

Does someone who has gone to World Cup before know how this works? I'm hoping someone has gone through this process before.

Lohman446
01-17-2005, 11:39 AM
Tickets?? I was at World Cup the year before last and you walked in, same as any other event.

Edit: Considering this is in FC I have a bad feeling I'm talking about Paintball and he's talking about something else :eek: :tard:

In fairness... he changed the title on me, it didn't say a thing about soccer when I posted.. I think.. ok maybe :confused:

Thordic
01-17-2005, 11:40 AM
Tickets?? I was at World Cup the year before last and you walked in, same as any other event.

Edit: Considering this is in FC I have a bad feeling I'm talking about Paintball and he's talking about something else :eek: :tard:

Soccer, dude, soccer. Germany, 2006.

teufelhunden
01-17-2005, 11:45 AM
I'd bet you buy them like you buy tickets for the NCAA Men's Basketball.. you buy for the game, not based on the teams.. and buy enough tickets to see who you want to :)

fcpchop
01-17-2005, 12:05 PM
yes that is exactly how it goes, you buy tickets for the games not the teams. It kinda sucks that way but if it wern't like that there would be full stadiums for some games and others half full for teams that no-one really wants to watch, so they would loose money. But like teufelhunden said, buy enough and you'll see who ever you want ;) but that has to be a pretty penny. BTW who are you looking to watch?

Lohman446
01-17-2005, 12:19 PM
Soccer, dude, soccer. Germany, 2006.

What can I say :tard:

Thordic
01-17-2005, 01:16 PM
BTW who are you looking to watch?

Me and Creative Mayhem are going. He wants to see Germany, I want to see Italy. I think we'd both catch an Ireland game.

In truth I'm not all that picky as hanging out in bars will prolly be just as good as being at the stadium if not better at times. It just sucks that you can't buy tickets for your team.

Although if I can figure out how all the groups work, we can probably make some decent guesses. (Italy will likely finish first in their group, etc).

fcpchop
01-17-2005, 01:45 PM
yea im sure you can get close to figuring it out and be able to see a team you like. I think you should see one game because it is pretty special to actually be there, but for the most part there is nothing wrong with hanging out in a bar ;) It'll probably be really crazy around there, I would be careful if i was you, lots of riots and what not. crazy soccer huligens(sp?) :clap:

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
01-17-2005, 02:10 PM
Scalpers?

Just a thought.

SpecialBlend2786
01-17-2005, 02:13 PM
I went in 1994... unfortunatly i was way to young to remember how we got the tickets:(

had fun though :bounce:

gamarada717
01-17-2005, 07:20 PM
Might want to buy them now. I play on a team with a two brothers who are from Japan and moved in 2003, and they said it was almost impossible to get tickets 5 months before the prelims. I wish I could go, I really don't know who's going to win this one. I was set on England last year, especially after they got out of their hellish bracket, but Brasil made that short lived. I wish Argentina would kick it back into gear and become the team that they used to be.

Echo419
01-17-2005, 08:27 PM
No I havent sorry

land hurricane
01-17-2005, 08:56 PM
Aww man.. I would LOVE to see Italy in a world cup match... Good luck with the whole trip and everything.

Thordic
01-17-2005, 10:45 PM
Might want to buy them now.

They aren't on sale yet, and the actual day you order doesn't matter. You put in your name to order tickets, and apparently they have a lottery to see who actually gets tickets for the games you want to go to.

Kinda a dumb way to sell tickets, IMO.

master_alexander
01-17-2005, 11:38 PM
i play and ref soccer the only way i stay in paintball, it's my job to make money off of thoes 8 year olds.

and i get a kick out of soccer.
:cool:

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
01-18-2005, 12:15 AM
i play and ref soccer the only way i stay in paintball, it's my job to make money off of thoes 8 year olds.

and i get a kick out of soccer.
:cool:

Bad use of pun, but nonetheless reffing soccer is such a great source of money. It is the only job where a 16 year old can make 30 bucks an hour.

gamarada717
01-18-2005, 12:22 AM
You make 10 an hour? That's not fair. I only make 15 per game :( But now I can work more since all of my games are during the week, instead of weekends, so I'll most likely make more. Man, if I could make like, 150 bucks, that would rule.

steimway
01-18-2005, 06:38 PM
I went in 1994 Italy vs. Spain. It was amazingly good soccer, and lots of fun. The seats were next to some Italians, who were going absolutely crazy.

magman007
01-18-2005, 09:57 PM
its all about argentina,,,, trust me.