PDA

View Full Version : Current Events Topic...

Blazestorm
01-17-2005, 03:14 PM
I've procrastinated my *** off, and now need to find a topic and do a 100 point project in less than 2 days.

Soooo... if anyone has any ideas for a current event, please post here with an article. I have to search the archives and find articles on this topic from different weeks since september.

Thanks...

*Edit* - The sources need to come from outside of the US, and the topic has to be outside of the US. And come up with something uncommon because it can't be the same as anyone else's in the class... haha... I was supposed to pick this topic in october.

*** is bleeped? Wow... it means donkey... as does jackass...

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
01-17-2005, 03:44 PM
Ukraine Election

Chechnyian Rebels

Zambia elects black president www.theonion.com

Titan probe

there's more out there.

Blazestorm
01-17-2005, 03:58 PM
I think I might just do the israel conflict and call it good. I mean they say you can't do any other topic then anyone else. What is she going to do, give me a zero on the project? Hah. No.

brianlojeck
01-17-2005, 04:34 PM
it might be hard to find stuff written about it, but apparently we've sent some troops to Iraq

Blazestorm
01-17-2005, 05:59 PM
Haha, Anyways...

Anyone know of a large outside source (like BBC) that has archives.. so I can look into the past and find articles about certain topics? I can't find any archive feature on BBC =(

*Edit* I'm a retard.

brianlojeck
01-17-2005, 06:08 PM
the new york times has an archive (I think it requires free registration), and CNN used to have a big-huge archive, although I have't looked for it in a while...

try running google searches on your subject choice... there's always someone out there reprinting articles from Mother Jones or other non-mainstream rags online...

or hell... maybe go to the library?

Blazestorm
01-17-2005, 06:31 PM
Haha, this is due wednesday...

I found 10 articles on BBC, I have to write 10 reviews, 2 interviews (Just my parents), Letter to "An Editor", 1 Page writeup on how the world is aiding in this problem.

Worth 100 points, and due in less than 2 days omgzors?

Yes I had since the beginning of the semester to work on it... haha...

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
01-17-2005, 06:33 PM
Meh sounds easy.

Blazestorm
01-17-2005, 07:08 PM
Now that I'm doing it... it is...

Some of the questions include...

Describe the topic of this article... From what perspective is this article written... Do you agree with this article... (Only 6 questions)

They were making a big deal out of it, and I hadn't even read the assignment until an hour ago. I should be done with the reviews by the end of the night, than do the interviews + other write-ups tomorrow.

Haha... I can't believe how easy this is... :p

tropical_fishy
01-18-2005, 01:10 AM
truthout is biased but it has free archives. if you can sift through the opinion, use them.

www.truthout.org