PDA

View Full Version : I want a freestyle

Conversekidz
01-17-2005, 05:39 PM
I want a freestyle :-\ I got to shoot one the other day and i feel in love with it. I was able to walk the trigger with 3 fingers (the 10+ years of piano playing causes me to have great finger control). They guy didn't believe that I could walk it with 3 fingers so he let me shoot it and I showed him that I could do it. He was like :hail: .

As much as I like my mags I think I want to get a freestyle, do people know how much they normally go for used? This probably should be in the BST area but i'm not at a position to buy one right now so I'm just trying to figure out the cost of a good used one, what I should look out for and things of that nature. I have only played with mags so the whole e-gun thing is new to me.

slade
01-17-2005, 05:45 PM
heh, i also shot a freestyle at AONEVI that one of the dc guys owned and loved it... best marker i have ever shot. ive seen them go for ~600 used on ebay, but i think that was the first gen ones which had a few issues. you'll also probably want a new reg and bolt, as the stock reg isnt that great and the bolt is inefficent.

RainTreeBoy
01-17-2005, 05:59 PM
With the new 05's, 04 Freestyles are going for 675 or so new at some places. You might have to email them for the special price, but check out www.shorepaintballsupplies.com.

Edit: Actually, 650 new. http://www.shorepaintballsupplies.com/freestyle.html

Mad_Man
01-17-2005, 09:12 PM
I just bought one brand new off ebay for $610 from a retailer. Came with HE bolt/valve, 05' 45* Frame, 05 board, on/off, and 1 year ICD warranty. They still have some left im sure. I got mine in black-blue fade.
An anodizer screwed up big time and made a whole run of all the colors either too light or too dark so they're selling them off cheap. For that price with those upgrades slightly imperfect ano color is well worth it IMO.

webmstrk9
01-17-2005, 09:23 PM
Well, I had my first weekend with my ND FS and it was rocking. My friends were converted from their Alias timmy which he just sold to get one, another was about to purchase an 05 Speed till he shot mine. 3 hours ago they placed their order for their ND FS.

Madman, that is a good price, i would recommend the NOX Lite Flash from Rocky tho. :) It is worth the $25.

Things to look for:
HE Kit
'05 Frame
Upgraded HPR, the stock ones are a tad short, but this is of personal preference.

Here is mine in the palm of my hand...

http://www.devhouse.com/images/ndfs.jpg

WARPED1
01-17-2005, 09:51 PM
Here's a ND Freestyle I saw at this years Cup.
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/9000/freestyle1_6631_rs.JPG

Ken
01-17-2005, 10:14 PM
How does it work?

trains are bad
01-17-2005, 10:19 PM
Basically like the next generation automag. Think mag, but with an air-returned bolt.

Mad_Man
01-17-2005, 10:20 PM
Similar to a mag but with lp air holding the bolt back and returning it. Someone else could explain it better.

webmstrk9 - Ive heard of Rocky's NOX lite flashing, and read his posts about how to get it. What exactly does it change though? I know the Chaos board is coming out soon for the Freestyle, so i might save the $25 towards that.

viper_ssc
01-17-2005, 10:33 PM
Here's a ND Freestyle I saw at this years Cup.
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/9000/freestyle1_6631_rs.JPG
Thats the 05 freestyle, not the ND. My friend has an 04 which is nice and really fast, but I didn't like it much. I like my bushy much more.

Conversekidz
01-17-2005, 10:34 PM
What are they going for used? Right now i'm playing with a Z-gripped X-valve that I would be willing to sell if I could get a Freestyle.

"Joe"
01-17-2005, 10:46 PM
600-ish used is a good price.
Demo-Dan is selling new Freestyles with slight anno defects in the low 600s on eBay.

Conversekidz
01-17-2005, 10:51 PM
600-ish used is a good price.
Demo-Dan is selling new Freestyles with slight anno defects in the low 600s on eBay.
Its pointless to spend 600 on a used one when you can get a new one for the same.

"Joe"
01-17-2005, 10:55 PM
Exactly

Skoad
01-17-2005, 11:02 PM
I bet their great but i just can't get over their look :tard:

Conversekidz
01-17-2005, 11:09 PM
I like the look of them and they weight nothing.

thecavemankevin
01-17-2005, 11:43 PM
where is a good place to learn more about freestyles? I am thinking about getting one, but i would like to know more about them? such as i know the first gen needed certain upgrades. but i don't know much about them.

also, it says it has PDS, is that break beam eyes?

webmstrk9
01-17-2005, 11:56 PM
Similar to a mag but with lp air holding the bolt back and returning it. Someone else could explain it better.

webmstrk9 - Ive heard of Rocky's NOX lite flashing, and read his posts about how to get it. What exactly does it change though? I know the Chaos board is coming out soon for the Freestyle, so i might save the $25 towards that.

For an inexpensive, upgrade the NOX lite is worth it rather than waiting for a board which would have issues especially first gens. Here are the features for those of you who hasnt seen them:

• First Shot drop off eliminator
• Fast Eye Logic (Real time)
• Interactive De-bounce function
• Gun Test Mode (dry fire)
• Automatic BYPASS mode (incase eyes are blocked)

saml604
01-18-2005, 12:10 AM
I am also looking into getting a freestyle. They look awsome for the money. Check out the ICD forum on PBN, theres plenty of good info there.

webmstrk9
01-18-2005, 12:12 AM
also www.icd-owners.com.

Bolter
01-18-2005, 08:48 AM
I would love to see a video of you shooting with three fingers :)

trevorjk
01-18-2005, 01:08 PM
ha, i tried sellingmy 04 freestyle PRE HE with CP reg for $550 and no one would take it, even on ebay. the thing is a nice and really fast gun but unless you find some one willing to buy it, good luck selling a freestyle :(

i would have kept mine but i opted for a viking instead :-D

O_o
01-18-2005, 02:06 PM
Here is mine in the palm of my hand...

http://www.devhouse.com/images/ndfs.jpg

That is HOT !! I was also considering purchasing a dust black ND with stiffi from my local store. Was so hard not to whip out my credit card right on the spot, would've put a big hole in my bank :p

"Joe"
01-18-2005, 02:08 PM
^^ You can fill the hole with ropes of paint. ;)

slade
01-18-2005, 04:04 PM
hmm, im actually thinking of getting one of those freestyles with the defective ano, cause i love the 04 body and want the 05 internals, and it has a great price. I was thinking of a DC freestyle for a while, but have no idea when thats coming out, and it seems like it will cost a lot. just a few questions though. how bad is the ano? like does anyone have a picture? and what would it need for upgrades? i was thinking about getting a sidewinder and ccm feedneck, but anything else? and does anyone have any more info on the board flash?

thanks in advance.

"Joe"
01-18-2005, 04:08 PM
The defect in the anno is that the top back of the gun is a shade darker or lighter than the rest of that part of the fade. You can sort of see it in this picture. The top right is a little darker.

http://i6.ebayimg.com/01/i/03/3c/88/86_1_b.JPG

I would recommend jumping on the deal, I just did;)

gc82000
01-18-2005, 04:20 PM
Man that anno job sucks I would never get a gun like that if it looked that damn ugly. I dont care how good the gun was or how fast it can shoot. That anno just completely turned me off to FS, like totally.

"Joe"
01-18-2005, 04:24 PM
What, the fade? I like the fade....

TDonovan
01-18-2005, 06:56 PM
Anno isn't that bad at all... In fact, you could grow to like it.

I think that when I get a new gun it will come down between an angel (not sure which one) or the FS.

webmstrk9
01-18-2005, 09:37 PM
That is HOT !! I was also considering purchasing a dust black ND with stiffi from my local store. Was so hard not to whip out my credit card right on the spot, would've put a big hole in my bank :p

Thanks! :) I was using a stiffi that day since I didnt have to worry about the bore sizing, .689 that day. I usually use my CCM kit. It feels great with the FS, in the pic, I was using a 45/45 and ppl were just how amazed how light it was. I had to change to the 68/45, the 45 tank is a tad short for my liking for the FS.

My friends have been convinced in getting a NDFS over their current alias and what they were going to get(05 speed). Keep in mind, this is all personal pref in what they want. They love the feel, speed, 'simplicity', weight, sound(lack there of), recoil(again, lack there of), and size.