PDA

View Full Version : need opinions on best expansion chamber

boomhowe
01-17-2005, 07:23 PM
Hi, just as the title says I need opinions on expansion chambers. I know most of the cheaper ones are just glorified gas-thru grips and need some examples of 'good' ones. Hopefully I can get my mag workin a little better in the cold with a good exp chamber.
Thanks in advance

wanna-b-ballin'
01-18-2005, 12:30 AM
i cant think of any names of expantion chambers except the ACI subzero, not sure how well they perform though. but the palmers stabilizer is a regulator that keeps liquid co2 out. it runs about $90 usually. at 888paintball i'm pretty sure its $88.
i have a dragun TES and i would get so much liquid in my gun it wasn't even funny. but i slapped a new drop and a palmers stabilizer on there, and now no liquid gets in. the fps variations on it are pretty darn good, usually + - 5 fps

i hope this helps you.

BTW, welcome to AO.

:dance:

usmc8892
01-20-2005, 01:47 AM
Get a Dead On Paintball 8-stage expansion chamber, I ran one on my minimag for awhile and it worked great. It isn't as big and clunky as some of the other X chambers out there.

Snipcod
01-20-2005, 01:57 AM
I have a ACI SubZero on my procarbine and it rocks. Its the best X-Chamber ive used. I would sugest that you at lest look into one.

space_weazel_45
01-20-2005, 03:13 AM
i second the ACI sub zero, great quality.

UteMachine
01-20-2005, 12:24 PM
I used to run a benchmark 8 stage, and it was high quality and worked great.

Vanced
01-20-2005, 02:06 PM
The ACI isn't a bad X-chamber...

BUT... No X-chamber will ever be able to do what the Palmer's Stabalizer does...

There is a reason it is double or triple the cost of an expansion chamber...

So "IF" you can afford it and want to do the best possible job of keeping the liquid out of the gun... the stab is the way to go...

Just my worthless virtual 2 cents for ya...

EDIT: that is assuming you just can't go to HPA which will always give you the best perforance compared to CO2....

stoupa
01-22-2005, 04:30 AM
I still have TASO expansion chamber somewhere. Never used it thought, I got it with my mag and I didn't want to run it on CO2. It fits classic rails and doesn't need vertical adapter. This thing is old! :)

okiTony
01-24-2005, 12:47 AM
I had a ACI Sub Zero (6 or 8 stage can't remember) on my Classic and it did it's job. The best is going Air, I would always have problems with CO2. I had to change my rings every 3 to 4 months. When I got my HPA tank I rebuilt my Classic, changed all the orings. I didn't have any problems. Air rocks...It keeps you marker clean and saves money on rebuilt kits.

MindJob
01-24-2005, 09:34 AM
Back in the day, I used to run my minimag off of co2 remote with a Cooper-T expansion chamber. It was this red valve that you screwed unto a 3.5 oz co2 bottle, that effectively became your expansion chamber. (a 3.5 oz with out the pin valve.)

After checking the Cooper T websight, I dont think they make them anymore. They WORKED GREAT. I remember someone putting a syphon tank on a mag with that expansion chamber and not drawing liquid.

...ahhhhh memories (glad to see i havent totally screwed my brain up)