PDA

View Full Version : reballs

trains are bad
01-17-2005, 09:30 PM
Where can I get them?

FreakBaller12
01-17-2005, 09:40 PM
yea same here, I've been thinking about a scuba, reball, snap box combo going in my backyard for snapping practise.

Conversekidz
01-17-2005, 10:37 PM
can you shoot people with reballs?

"Joe"
01-17-2005, 10:41 PM
can you shoot people with reballs?

You can, but you have to turn the velocity down to aroun 220 fps I believe.

http://planeteclipse.com/ had ReBalls last time I checked.

Doobie
01-17-2005, 10:45 PM
CenterFlag is now distributing them. You may have to have your local dealer get them, but here is a LINK. (http://www.centerflagproducts.com/products.html)

Look at the bottom of the page.

Skoad
01-17-2005, 11:04 PM
if we somehow find money, our school's pb club is hoping to get up an indoor reball arena ;P

cris8762
01-17-2005, 11:11 PM
the reball website wants like $160 bucks for 500 reballs, f' that

i'd rather buy Vballs for like $30 per 100 and replace them every 30-45 shots

RRfireblade
01-17-2005, 11:16 PM
I should have them available as well in a few weeks.

trains are bad
01-17-2005, 11:19 PM

you do realize that's $32 per hundred right?

RRfireblade
01-17-2005, 11:30 PM

Interesting...that saves you $2...until you replace them @ 150 shots SOONER than reballs.Now your in the hole by $94.

Not to mention...have you ever shot vballs? They don't fly anything like a real paintball.

cris8762
01-17-2005, 11:32 PM
sorry, i'm a retard.....

it has been a long weekend of partying and yea.....just ignore what i said b4 :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard:

RRfireblade
01-17-2005, 11:34 PM
sorry, i'm a retard.....

it has been a long weekend of partying and yea.....just ignore what i said b4 :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard:

Eh, no sweat...I've been there many.......many a time. :)

MarkM
01-18-2005, 12:13 AM
Reballs are just another idea of something that was already released and available...Rufus T-Balls and here is the link http://rufusdawg.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=RD&Category_Code=TB

RRfireblade
01-18-2005, 12:35 AM
'Cept those require messy lube to load and fire reliably and then leave a mess inside your gun hopper and....house. ;) Re-balls do not.

Blazestorm
01-18-2005, 12:39 AM
I can get reballs for 100 per case, but I'm not talking... plus we need a minimum of 200 case order before I can get that price... but he's local about an hour away...

Muahahha

Skoad
01-18-2005, 12:41 AM
i think they are going to be available by pod-amount as well as the 500 count box. Not sure on price of the pod though

MarkM
01-18-2005, 12:50 AM
'Cept those require messy lube to load and fire reliably and then leave a mess inside your gun hopper and....house. ;) Re-balls do not.

I saw the lube info but then I have seen both Reballs and T-Balls...no difference though the makers of each would tell you differently I'm sure.

Blazestorm
01-18-2005, 12:55 AM
Actually I've used T-balls, without lube they would not feed through my halo.

I haven't used re-balls yet, but watching the videos on www.reball.se I'm a bit more convinced. They're shooting fast, with no problems or jamming in the halo.

Once I grab a case soon enough I'll give a review. :D

RRfireblade
01-18-2005, 08:38 AM
I saw the lube info but then I have seen both Reballs and T-Balls...no difference though the makers of each would tell you differently I'm sure.

I've shot both and 'I' can tell you there is a difference. :)

That's the primary reason I'm considering dealing REballs intead.

MarkM
01-18-2005, 11:43 AM
Ok...the Reballs thing we actually have a legal issue with those in the UK same with T-balls to the extent that to be honest I don't see the point of either them...this doesn't apply in the states of course..it is a change of marker classification if non paintballs are used but some people are obviously determined to try and push the grey area...that is sideways to this thread so I will bow out now.

SSniper
01-18-2005, 12:46 PM

i have had no problems with T-Balls, as long as you follow the instructions, you can shoot them hundreds of times... the reason that he was not able to shoot the t-balls in the vid is because he poured them out of the original case... they were not pre lubed... the lube does not cause any damage to your gun or your hopper... mags will shoot anything :p :shooting:

RRfireblade
01-18-2005, 01:07 PM
i have had no problems with T-Balls, as long as you follow the instructions, you can shoot them hundreds of times... the reason that he was not able to shoot the t-balls in the vid is because he poured them out of the original case... they were not pre lubed... the lube does not cause any damage to your gun or your hopper... mags will shoot anything :p :shooting:

That's cool.

I didn't mean to imply they damaged anything,just that you have to clean out all that lube when your done and the balls,when lubed,pick up lots more dirt and dust off the ground.

In regards to the "reason for them", I think that's obvious. Who wouldn't like to shoot thier marker whenever they want and as often as they want for only the cost of air?

In my case,I have to test dozens of markers everyday,and as much as I hate to ;) , I could easily shoot a few thousand rounds each of those days....if I really had to. :D

cris8762
01-18-2005, 03:43 PM
blaze, i'd buy at least two cases of the reballs

i think we should try and get some ordered!! it's a really longshot that we could get enough ppl to buy, but i'd try it

JoshK
01-18-2005, 06:24 PM
I just dont get how you would pick them all up if you were using them to practice with your team. Expecially if you are in their backyard. Besides that i would be game.

"Joe"
01-18-2005, 06:26 PM
Backyard wouldn't work out so well.
I"m pretty sure they're ment for places that are indoor, or at least enclosed by netting.

OmniM
01-20-2005, 07:40 AM
Backyard wouldn't work out so well.
I"m pretty sure they're ment for places that are indoor, or at least enclosed by netting.

Yes they are. I dunno how your system work over there, but we use the schools gymnasiums for practice with a SupAir. Works great.

cris8762
01-20-2005, 12:09 PM
you're lucky

there is no way in hell a public school would let us set up a supair field in their gym then practice there, even if we had reballs

OmniM
01-20-2005, 05:14 PM
you're lucky

there is no way in hell a public school would let us set up a supair field in their gym then practice there, even if we had reballs

sorry for hijacking ya thread ... but why isnt that possible?

"Joe"
01-20-2005, 05:55 PM
Insurance issues mostly
Also some "moral issues" about kids "shooting eachother with guns"

ej_y4
01-20-2005, 10:58 PM
Insurance issues mostly
Depends on your state, here in California there is no way it would happen at a public school. How ever the school I work for does have a moble field with netting. i have thought about picking up so reballs and practice indoors. However i dont see that happening, the reballs is just one more thing that could go wrong. (last year one of my kids got hit just bellow the eye because she was messing around.) reballs are clean, but for now they are not worth shooting at people.

maglover728
01-21-2005, 02:59 AM
There is no way in hell I would let someone shoot those at me. what about goggle shots. Nah, they are not perfect, but my eyes work OK as IS.

OmniM
01-21-2005, 04:04 AM
Insurance issues mostly

Ok, kids I can understand, but how bout adults?

We are no kids, non of us is in school atm and we are still allowed to use the gymnasiums. And its alot cheaper than go to the ReBallhalls for 1 hour practice.

And it shouldn´t be a insurence issue if everyone follow the same rules as with real paintballs, and if you cant do that, you shouldnt play pb at all.

The masks takes hits just fine, they are just like regular pb's.

gc82000
01-21-2005, 06:01 AM
but that is at 220 fps right. I dont think I would want to get hit by a reball at anything higher then that.

"Joe"
01-21-2005, 03:07 PM
Ok, kids I can understand, but how bout adults?

We are no kids, non of us is in school atm and we are still allowed to use the gymnasiums. And its alot cheaper than go to the ReBallhalls for 1 hour practice.

And it shouldn´t be a insurence issue if everyone follow the same rules as with real paintballs, and if you cant do that, you shouldnt play pb at all.

I can understand the adults part yes...
It definitley is an insurance issue. The school has to be ready for anything that could happen. It doesn't matter that you "follow the rules," if someone gets hurt, the school will still be in trouble and most of the time, that's all they see.

OmniM
01-21-2005, 03:36 PM
I can understand the adults part yes...
It definitley is an insurance issue. The school has to be ready for anything that could happen. It doesn't matter that you "follow the rules," if someone gets hurt, the school will still be in trouble and most of the time, that's all they see.

Yeah, of course... we are insured in a diff way here bcoz if we mess up its our own fault. Its us who rented the gymnasium, not the school. School can not be held responsible during our time if sth happends.

And for the mask hits, yes its its around 220-260 fps.

ej_y4
01-21-2005, 03:52 PM
Yeah, of course... we are insured in a diff way here bcoz if we mess up its our own fault. Its us who rented the gymnasium, not the school. School can not be held responsible during our time if sth happends.

And for the mask hits, yes its its around 220-260 fps.

The school is accountable here in the U.S. no matter what happens. Insurince waviers here are worhtless. Lawers always find a way to get around the waviers.
:(

Skoad
01-21-2005, 05:05 PM
as far as mask hits go, in one of the videos they are shooting reballs repeatedly in a snapbox at a set of gogs

Flossabe
01-21-2005, 06:58 PM
I see no problem with going to a Gym and practicing, but there are so many people who will freak out saying, "that just teaches kids that it is ok to bring guns to school" or who knows what some #@$hole will make up just because the have nothing better to do, witch is crazy but that is sadily the way alot of people think here. No one wants to take responsibality for themselvs, and everyone wants to make money off of there own mistakes. :cuss:
On a better note I really want to check out reballs, the vids look sweet and they have like 5 div. 1 teams that use them, I just want a place to buy them.

Flossabe

OmniM
01-21-2005, 07:01 PM
This is how how our set up look like now in one of the gymnasiums offered.

Nothing fancy, but it fullfill its purpose very well.

There is also a grandstand wich been visited during our practice. Its a great opportunity to those who are interested to view the game.

http://xmag-excels.com.scorpionshops.com/game_images/PICT0001_600.jpg

"Joe"
01-21-2005, 07:04 PM
There is also a grandstand wich been visited during our practice. Its a great opportunity to those who are interested to view the game.

They wear mask I hope.....

BTW, nice set-up for a gym. I wish I lived in Sweden.

OmniM
01-21-2005, 07:07 PM
They wear mask I hope.....

No need, bcos they are approx 2m above field and behind glas :)

BTW, nice set-up for a gym. I wish I lived in Sweden.

Its a very simple SupAir ... but very functional... you just come over here and play some ;) :)

"Joe"
01-21-2005, 07:12 PM
Ah, glass is good stuff. Couldn't see it in the pic.

OmniM
01-21-2005, 07:35 PM
One thing that strucks me reading all this is that I think you dont fully understand what ReBall is...
... its NOTHING compared to V-ball or T-ball... nothing...

... I mean ... we play like 8 hours straight having fun as hell, practicing with only 1000 ReBalls. And I mean PRACTICE. Of course we play also for fun, crazy rushes and so on... but the main thing is that this is almost like on the field, the only limit is the air.... :)

trains are bad
01-21-2005, 09:31 PM
Do you have any special technique for picking them up?

What happens if you step on them?

OmniM
01-21-2005, 11:00 PM
Do you have any special technique for picking them up?

What happens if you step on them?
There is no issue stepping on em, and regarding picking em up.... best suited for the gymnasiuom you borrow.

But... with 2000 ReBalll it takes like 5 minutes for 2 teams to pick it up. And another 2 minutes for the wash and then dry...

jamescell
01-22-2005, 09:52 AM
that's awsome!

REDRT
01-26-2005, 02:36 PM
I see reball is at action village.

jamescell
01-26-2005, 03:05 PM
$150 for 500, holy cow!

OmniM
01-26-2005, 03:10 PM
$150 for 500, holy cow!

Yes, initially expensiv... but after several hours of training they paid emselfs many times around... W
We have trained every weekend since Okt and minimum of 6 hours per practice... imagine the paint cost if the ReBall didnt exist.