PDA

View Full Version : Lvl 10 problem help please! Mix of everything

Carbon Blue
01-17-2005, 10:03 PM
Hey all ive read numerous pages of the lvl10 problems thread but none seem to fit the exact symptoms that I am encountering.

Mag setup
X valve with Lvl10
2.5 Carrier
Red short spring
NO SHIMS
ULT 7shims
Input pressure 950psi-1000psi

68ci 4500psi Max Flo
20wt Silicone oil

I played rec ball a few days ago and everything went perfectly well. The gun ripped like crazy and the lvl10 bolt worked perfectly fine. After a days worth of paintball i degas the gun and bleed the left over air out. The gun sat for two days before i started to clean it. I gassed up the gun to about 1800psi ( all that was left in the scuba) and when i pull the trigger there is pressure on the trigger but the valve is not cycling. I push back on the bolt and nothing is happening. So after about 2 minutes i hear a "pfffft CLICK" and the gun is able to start shooting again. I shot a few rounds and it shot fine. I turn the tank off again and begin cleaning the gun. I finish oiling the gun with 4 drops in the air fittings, a few drops in the on/ff assembly, and a few drops on the bolt stem and down the powertube. I gas up the gun and again and im feeling a good amount of pressure on the trigger but the valve does not cycle. I hear the "pffffft click" and the valve cycles once but when i get on the trigger every other shot works and the other just doesnt do anything. I wait again and i get a slight leak down the barrel. So i held the trigger down and it seems like air is being leaked down the barrel. I let go off the trigger and i pull it again and the valve cycles but now the leak down the barrel stopped. I wait again being dumb founded and sure enough the gun is working like a champ again. Does anyone know what the problem is?? :ninja:

BeaverEater
01-17-2005, 10:28 PM
try using a bigger carrier, also are you using the red spring or the short spring??

athomas
01-18-2005, 10:30 AM
When you push the bolt in, the gun still doesn't reset. This eliminates a bolt stick issue with the level 10.

You feel pressure on the trigger, so the on-off pin is moving. The problem is, it is not moving far enough to allow the front chamber to pressurize. Its the front chamber being pressurized that causes the click (bolt hitting the sear).

Maybe the issue is not with the on-off, but with the regulator pin assembly. If it sticks, the full pressure may not be getting to the top of the on-off pin. Try replacing or oiling the o-rings and regulator pin assembly in the valve.

athomas
01-18-2005, 10:32 AM
It could also be that the regulator itself has a piece of grit in it somewhere.

CaliMagFan
01-18-2005, 10:39 AM
the lag in the bolt reset sounds to me liek teh field strip scrrew is too loose.

try that and see where it gets you, 9 out of 10 problems are something little like that.

-kyro

bigredbullseye
01-18-2005, 11:31 AM
You might want to check your tanks on/off too, especially for a screw in. I have that trouble every once an a while for not turning the air on all the way. results in starving the valve and the "pfft./....click" that you talk about.

Little_Ho
01-18-2005, 01:54 PM
Maybe try the shortest spring and then go forward to other things.
I had the same trouble just this weekend.
I was only dry fireing my new xvalve. So on the field. I dryfired a couple times to see if still working. And it was working. At the Chrono there was another picture. I shoot one ball over 350 and turnd the Velo down. Try to shoot nothing. Turnd the Velo up nothing. So i decide to play with my other mag. The day was saved but my new XValve was not shooting right. At home i tried many things and i got always diffrent solution and something else went wrong. I tried diffrent Carriers and diffrent Velo settings, i swaped the Valve to see maybe the Frame or anything like that. But still the same problem. So i went with the smallest Spring and well what can i say it works perfect. No trouble at all. So i adjust my Carrierer again and it was working awesame. So i thought try the red Spring again and i had the same problem again very second or third trigger pull was fireing. so i put the smal spring back in and it ripps.

That was my problem. Hope that helps a little bit

Carbon Blue
01-18-2005, 10:20 PM
thanks for the help you guys. Well all i basically did was take my ULT on/off assembly apart wipe and oil everything all over again and its shooting like a dream again. :cheers: