PDA

View Full Version : Classic R/T ups?

Ceph
01-17-2005, 10:09 PM
hello all, i'm new to AO, wanted to say hi. Just picked up an Automag R/T classic. Traded off my A-5 for it, and don't know much about this marker, as of yet.

I've heard alot of "this valve won't fit that body", or "that body won't fit on that rail" and what not. I was wondering what exactly are the limiting factors for this market. Will anything made for the 68, mini, RT pro, E-mag or ULE's fit?
I was wanting an Intelliframe or E-mag trigger, and maybe a ULE body. Would stuff like that fit on the Classic R/T?

thanks in advance. Ceph

minimag03
01-17-2005, 10:13 PM
You can get a Intelliframe and Level 10 for it. Everything else it for all the rest of the AGD family. The classic RT is kinda a odd ball.

-minimag03

Chronobreak
01-17-2005, 10:22 PM
yes but that doesnt make it bad pr say just not so customizeable.

you can get y-grip intelli,z-grip,

i would leave it as is and give it a lvlX if ti doesnt have one other than that its fine

alsoa double trigger is a good upgrade

other than that a good ntiro tank and a fast laoder and your set

minimag03
01-17-2005, 10:23 PM
Not just a good nitro tank, but a adjustable tank. That you you can turn is up and use your fast hopper :)

Chronobreak
01-17-2005, 10:28 PM
...ever own a classic rt?

anything over 800 psi into the gun is sweetspot city ;)

Muzikman
01-17-2005, 10:37 PM
Stuff that is compatible:

IntelliFrame (need larger field strip screw hole drilled - AGD will do it)
Z-Grip (old hard to find)
Y-Grip (need larger field strip screw hole drilled - AGD will do it)
Level 10
ULE Trigger

Stuff that is not compatible:

Xvalve
ULE Bodies
TAC-One body
Any body based on the Slug
Any aftermark rail

Ceph
01-17-2005, 10:40 PM
i've got my tank set at 850 right now, and lookin to pick up a Halo B.
Might have to look into the Y/Z frames.
i got the double trigger, but no trigger gaurd on it. How hard is it to set stops or do the ULT job?

wimag
01-17-2005, 10:44 PM
keep it classic looking. only thing you need is level 10 a intelliframe if that is your style. then get fancy on the looks. check the sticky at the top of this page, Tom Kaye has some anodized body kits for auction. Here is a pic of mine. had it for a number of years and will never get rid of it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/RTE33/oldcomputerphotos007.jpg

minimag03
01-17-2005, 10:44 PM
The ULT can't be used on a classic RT valve. I dunno about stops, but I don't think it is a good idea.

Muzikman
01-17-2005, 11:01 PM
The ULT can't be used on a classic RT valve. I dunno about stops, but I don't think it is a good idea.

Sure it can, why can't it?

It can't be used on some of the Retro Valves as the on/off hole is not large enough. Even those can be milled out to work.

minimag03
01-17-2005, 11:12 PM
Sure it can, why can't it?

It can't be used on some of the Retro Valves as the on/off hole is not large enough. Even those can be milled out to work.

http://www.airgun.com/ult.shtml

5th paragraph down.
You will have to have the valve milled for the ULT.

-minimag03

Yuck-Mag
02-05-2005, 09:17 PM
Level 10 And will they ever come out with ULE Bodies for RT Classic Mags?

JoshK
02-05-2005, 09:20 PM
Level 10 And will they ever come out with ULE Bodies for RT Classic Mags?

No, there would not be a point/demand for that. Just replace allmost all the gun. (body, valve, rail, field strip pin) and you have a brand new gun, that will take all the upgrades.

50 cal
02-05-2005, 10:17 PM
I love my Classic RT. I haven't done a thing to it. Leave it as is.