PDA

View Full Version : Freestyle or B2K5

Conversekidz
01-18-2005, 01:47 AM
If you had your choice which one would you buy? i'm trying to figure out if I should get the B2k5 or the Freestyle

Blazestorm
01-18-2005, 02:18 AM
Depends on the freestyle...

Gen 1 FS vs. B2k5? B2k5
My FS vs. B2k5? My FS.

My FS is a ND FS with Nox Lite, AKA sidewinder, CCM Neck, and 16" .692 Ultralite.

I plan to get a JDS ( www.stdindustries.com ) LPR for it... and a techna trigger once he finishes them up...

Other than that a longer sidewinder top, and a pair of Hogue .45 Panels are all I need...

I friggen love my FS, best gun I've ever owned... so fast... :D

RetroEclipseMan
01-18-2005, 04:16 AM
If you're compairing blaze's gun to a b2k5 then his gun for sure, that thing frigen rips. I'm kind of in the same bind as well, i love shooting the freestyle but want to shoot the b2k5 to see if it comes close to competing with the freestyle since it is a couple hundred cheaper and with a chaos chip and a sidewinder it should still be pretty fast.

Sk8ermog
01-18-2005, 11:06 AM
you have to also look at the design and function of each gun. I don't know much about the B2k5, but I know that the Freestyle has some roots in the mag design. I love mags so getting a Freestyle just made more sense. I also was able to shoot one of the ND Freestyles and it just blow me away. They are the smallest gun of there kind on the market. They aren't too high like the B2k5s and they just feel great in your hands. Of coarse I'm partial to mine cause I have one and haven't shot a B2K5, but I must say that for the extra $100 or so you'd spend to get a Freestyle it's going to be well worth it. With some of the top teams shooting them for this next season you have to ask why and for me the answer is because of how solid these guns are and how fast they shoot. I also love how simple they are to take apart, clean and to turn on. I mean you just flip the switch in the back (which is the best protected switch I've every seen. You can't bump it on or off, you have to really want to flip the switch so it won't turn off in a game) and the gun is ready to fire. The eyes work great and it's a proven system. When I took mine apart I was suprise to see how much like a mag it really is. I mean the bolt looked like my old venturie bolt from my classic mag.

Anyways if I had the option to pick between the 2 guns I'd say that Freestyle is at the top of my list. Oh and RetroEclipseMan you have Rocky up there near you to help tech it for you to. I just gave mine to Mikey and he took it up to Rocky who flashed it to nox and put a new trigger in for like $30 total. It's not even a ND Freestyle and he still did it. Those guys are great and I'm sure they could help you if you have any problems.

Again this is all just my thoughts and you should go on what your budget allows and what your heart desires. hint... freestyle. :D

FSU_Paintball
01-18-2005, 12:43 PM
These days you can get a brand new 04 gen-2 freestyle for under $650.

That's the way to go. It comes with the HE internals.

GT
01-18-2005, 01:06 PM
b2k5 w/ a sidewinder, hands down

RetroEclipseMan
01-18-2005, 04:32 PM
Anyways if I had the option to pick between the 2 guns I'd say that Freestyle is at the top of my list. Oh and RetroEclipseMan you have Rocky up there near you to help tech it for you to. I just gave mine to Mikey and he took it up to Rocky who flashed it to nox and put a new trigger in for like $30 total. It's not even a ND Freestyle and he still did it. Those guys are great and I'm sure they could help you if you have any problems.

Again this is all just my thoughts and you should go on what your budget allows and what your heart desires. hint... freestyle. :D

Trust me man, I know there's a ton of guys up here that can tech freestyles if need be. Since Joe has his connections with CDR I can get either a freestyle (probably just an 05) for around $700 new and then dump a sidewinder and ccm neck with rocky's code. But since I am on a budget if Cedar can get B2k5's for under $500 then I may go that way if they're good since they're supposed to way smaller now that they don't have the tray. I dunno, we'll see, I'm sure I'll end up with a freestyle just since they are one of the best guns I've ever shot, not to mention they're smaller and lighter than a ule mag which is pretty darn light.

mag88888
01-18-2005, 05:09 PM
pics of the freestyle??

Conversekidz
01-18-2005, 05:13 PM
pics of the freestyle??
Look in my other thread titled freestyle

FSU_Paintball
01-18-2005, 06:19 PM
b2k5 w/ a sidewinder, hands down

Why?

There's a reason ICD's flagship marker is the Freestyle, and the midrange is the b2k. Freestyle is superior all-around. Smaller, lighter, faster, more quiet, less kick.

Anyways, nobody's even shot the b2k5 yet, they're brand spanking new.