PDA

View Full Version : Have a Ebay Account? Help me out!

quik
01-18-2005, 02:34 PM
So there are some things I would like to purchase off of eBay, but unfortunately, I dont have a credit card, so I will not be able to sign up. If you have paypal(preferred), I can paypal you the money so you can purchase these 'items' for me. If your interested, send me a PM, or catch me on AIM.

I would be very greatful if someone would help me.

Creative Mayhem
01-18-2005, 02:42 PM
You can sign up without a credit card. I thought the same thing too, but I signed up a few weeks ago and bid on the AGD stuff. You have paypal, so it really shouldn't be a problem.

digitard
01-18-2005, 02:43 PM
Sign up for a PAYPAL DEBIT card. They have the mastercard logo so anything that requires a credit card to signup normally accepts it.

quik
01-18-2005, 02:47 PM
So sign up for the Paypal Debit Card, then use that card to sign up for ebay?

Ingenious!

EDIT: Upon trying to sign up for a Paypal Debit Card, it says I must upgrade my account, by which doing so by adding a Credit Card to my paypal.

WTF?

Creative Mayhem
01-18-2005, 02:51 PM
HRM.... I just signed up, it never asked for any type of account info, credit or otherwise. :confused: Maybe it the Canada thing... *shrugs*

chairman_mao
01-18-2005, 02:57 PM
I don't think I've ever given my CC infor to Ebay. I believe that is an option not a requirement. I may be wrong it has been a couple of years since I signed up.

quik
01-18-2005, 02:58 PM
Im almost postitive that it is required.

tranman
01-18-2005, 03:02 PM
To get an ebay account, you must have a credit card if you're using a FREE email account (hotmail, yahoo,gmail, etc.) BUt if you have one from say your internet provider or a school, you will not need a credit card.

PyRo
01-18-2005, 03:39 PM
To get an ebay account, you must have a credit card if you're using a FREE email account (hotmail, yahoo,gmail, etc.) BUt if you have one from say your internet provider or a school, you will not need a credit card.
Not all e-mail providers work, I signed up a while back when I had AOL. but it wouldn't let me register an account under my college e-mail.
Are you 18? If you are just get a credit card from somwhere that doesn't have any anual fees (I don't think many if any do anymore).

Kevmaster
01-18-2005, 03:45 PM
When I signed up you only had to have a CC to sell and didn't need to have one to buy. Also, that was in the times where 95% of people sent money orders and personal checks :)